LoN Builds

Wizard
Prev 1 3 4 5
Why not arcane torrent as the channel spell. Tals will be better in season. EW + coe with karini. Still a pretty decent build though. Id also probably swap that chest for the damage reduction one
01/16/2019 10:59 PMPosted by Royal
Why not arcane torrent as the channel spell. Tals will be better in season. EW + coe with karini. Still a pretty decent build though. Id also probably swap that chest for the damage reduction one

Good points, however surviving isn't an issue at all with this build, so disintegrate is the obvious choice since it has the better damage output over AT. As far as the chest, the toughness of this build is tied to active and passive skills that lend themselves to shields based on vitality/life. So in many cases you want +Life% over DR or even armor.

PS - I don't play seasons. :)
01/09/2019 12:08 PMPosted by aloc
2 star pact LON archon wizards is an interesting thought as they could greatly increase each others stacks. One does star pact while the other is in archon. Could easily increase the stacks to 100+ which is effectively doubling the damage of one of the wizards. What's fun is that each increase in stacks could really grow. The 2nd SP wizard gets a total of 100 stacks: 50 from the 1st SP wizard kills + 50 from fazulas. This could enable 2nd SP wizard to output more damage and hopefully get more kills with his 100 archon stacks. So now when 2nd SP wizard starts to rain down the Star Pacts with 100 archon stacks, 1st wizard could go into archon and collect the kills in the form of archon stacks. Given amazing timing, good density, and great pulling efforts, you could really blow up the archon stacks.

Of course this is not possible since you need a pull, heal, and RGK. Just a silly thought.

interesting thought! Not sure, if this is somehow possible to do, but you could try and skip the pullmonk and pull with Blackhole and Twister (each wiz runs one).
If its somehow possible to survive in such a case, the SP wizards would just wreck things.
Still a RGK around (maybe this one can also use some pulls?) and a barb for collecting?`

Just casual thinking, as i very well know, that the monk is also healing alot...
01/16/2019 08:45 AMPosted by JackDaniels
This is an interesting possibility. There's no need for the attack speed though correct? That can be rolled off for armor or life%.

yes attack speed can be rolled off

the base 1.54/attack per second will be enough to get you full arcane dynamo stacks
I finished first try , with mid Gems, nearly no augments, 2 missing Skill-DMG-Stats a 123 GR with a LON-Archon-Meteorshower on the EU Server

https://www.d3planner.com/390467697

With para 4700 , a little optimized Gear and Augments , i think there should be GR 126-128 possible to reach.
01/20/2019 01:28 PMPosted by Odin
I finished first try , with mid Gems, nearly no augments, 2 missing Skill-DMG-Stats a 123 GR with a LON-Archon-Meteorshower on the EU Server

With para 4700 , a little optimized Gear and Augments , i think there should be GR 126-128 possible to reach.

Cograts for the clear..can you share some detail of the way it is played or a video maybe?
i use Archon for pulling mobs and crowd them or skipping a small map, then u have 20 sec of burst with the 300 % extra Dmg.

With enough cdr there is only a short break between the Swami Stacks and a new Archon-Cycle.

You should have 2xapoc , cause u dont have Hergebrashs Binding and you have to keep your Aquila up.

The playstyle is nearly the same as FB-Meteor.
01/20/2019 01:28 PMPosted by Odin

Thanks cool build! I cleared 120 on NA server with this setup last night. I did a few runs subbing out MW:Deflection for Frost Nova, toughness still seems ok.
01/21/2019 07:17 AMPosted by Odin
i use Archon for pulling mobs and crowd them or skipping a small map, then u have 20 sec of burst with the 300 % extra Dmg.

With enough cdr there is only a short break between the Swami Stacks and a new Archon-Cycle.

You should have 2xapoc , cause u dont have Hergebrashs Binding and you have to keep your Aquila up.

The playstyle is nearly the same as FB-Meteor.

Thanks for the answer..what is this 300% extra dmge? does it comes from archon stacks? I mean can you kill trash in archon form and gain dmge buff?
No you dont kill 1 mob while your Archon is up.
While pushing you need to pull and crowd mobs. So do this with your Archon. When your Archon ends , port into your big pull and kill the Mobs with the extra Swami Stacks(50x6% DMG).
12/29/2018 12:29 AMPosted by StoleOwnCar
12/28/2018 01:32 PMPosted by mcdundee
There is a thread with some gameplay videos here. In this setup the star pact wiz is running ranslor/twister instead of a zwiz (it's too much to give up zbarb for zwiz except for speed runs), but you can see the potency of the effect.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20764396526

Ah, Vox. It's been a while. I miss running with him. This is actually a good point in favor of archon black hole SP wizard, though. If you just want the absolute highest single hit of meteor you're ever going to see in your life... then yes, running ransor black hole will totally get you there. That's what made Vox's buttery smooth 129 runs work so well (I was usually barbing; this is before I quit for a while and started sucking), is he was so good with the ransor black hole rotation. Archon on top of that type of rotation would basically probably make... oh I don't know how high you could go, maybe 140? Would probably be speed farmable.

You would need a lot of paragon into vitality though. Maybe even some strength augments for extra toughness. Counterintuitive, but it might do well to go for a strength-based Aquila (or hell a pure Vit/armor/life% one) and shoulders and glove.

Does this mean that you would drop wave of force? Would blackhole yield more damage than the stacks from arcane attunement?