Future of Blizzcon

General Discussion
12/20/2018 07:54 PMPosted by Imperius
So why are people so mad that Blizzard told them just that? They literally told us that they would show us the projects in 2019 rather than talk about them.

They also said that 2018 would be a great year to be a Diablo fan. They tried to get us excited for Blizzcon knowing that all they would be showing was a mobile game that they knew was going to make fans mad. It wasn't the fact that people were mad but the degree of anger from the fans that shocked them. They then ran back to their offices and refuse to communicate with their fans in any human way preferring soulless corporate speak. Why should we believe anything they say?
The purpose of Blizzcon to begin with was to be a charade put on before their conference call with the investors so they can appeal to fan excitement in order to boost revenue. If you thought the show was ever about a handful of ponderous neckbeards in Warcraft costumes "celebrating all things Blizzard," you're fooling yourself.

They need their self-serving, self-congratulating event to pat themselves on the back, seeing how no one else is going to at this point.
future blizzcons should be held in china
I think they are under contract for another year because of the Virtual Ticket. So they will most likely hold a 2019 Blizzcon. 2020 will depend on how well they handle 2019. They can't keep avoiding confrontation, hoping all this negativity goes away. The internet is never going away...
12/21/2018 05:18 AMPosted by dukem
future blizzcons should be held in china

and make sure the virtual ticket is only available on a mobile device.
The future of BlizzCon in image form:
https://i.imgur.com/agAfd4I.gif
Blizzcon will be Actiblizzcon 2020
i dare to have the opinion:
-the D3 PC playerbase is the most loyal and important asset atm.
12/21/2018 04:07 PMPosted by RUNtoFUN

Don't worry. Blizzard has been hard at work alienating their WoW and HOTS playerbases too.
12/21/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Tetra
12/21/2018 04:07 PMPosted by RUNtoFUN

Don't worry. Blizzard has been hard at work alienating their WoW and HOTS playerbases too.

WoW is doing just fine... Battle for Azeroth had record sales of 3.4 million copies on day 1.

If you're referencing to the mobile app then you'll be disappointed to know that it's something the community wanted.
Cloud Atlas by Tom Hanks
Blizzard would probably say :
Recent event has been successful. There was massive reaction to Diablo Immortal which confirms their passion and dedication. We should continue doing this :)
12/20/2018 07:10 PMPosted by Alexismad
12/20/2018 06:59 PMPosted by Imperius
The trust issues are strong on this thread.

16+ years and all the Diablo franchise has gotten on PC is a game, an xpac, and a dlc. With that, the PR hype train keeps rambling on about multiple projects, forges burning hot, more in our pipeline than ever before in the history of mankind.

Ya, there are major trust issues going on. For a large portion of the community, it is now 'show us' rather than 'tell us', because, frankly, their words are pretty empty at this point.

Honestly, at this point, even if they show the most awesome game ever, I still won't buy it. Not without some serious shifts in focus from the company, and major apologies at least.