Give Archon another ability

Wizard
Archon has 5 skills and 1 open slot. Lets try and be creative and come up with a good 6th skill and try suggesting it to Blizzard.

Edit:
Or if it's easier, choose another skill from the Wizard class and make it the 6th skill. I personally would like to see Black Hole or Arcane Orb as the 6th skill.
Black hole would be nice. But arcane orb doesn't really work for skill slot 4. Since it already has the beam and ground pound.( Sorry can't think of actual names) but it should be a utility skill like the other skills there's teleport, slow time, blast wave?

So if I had to choose something it would be ice Nova, or another root type skill.
Archon's current arcane blast already freezes. And running halo of arlyse gives you an amazing nova spam effect.

I like the idea of a large elemental/archon themed twister-firebatesk effect ontop of yourself that works similar to how witchdoctors firebats currently does. If you made it also have area damage, then hell yeah :P. Could make it also count as channeling and add it to the etched sigil or w/e

But that would be pretty hopeful to ask for new visual effects at this point of the game.
I think something along the lines of requiring archon stacks in order to use the hypothetical final skill could be interesting.

For example, you would have to trade off about 1/5 of your current archon stacks in exchange of gaining about 15 additional seconds to the archon form or to cast a powerful arcane super-storm.
to cast a powerful arcane super-storm.

sign me up
12/22/2018 07:16 PMPosted by Legendairy
to cast a powerful arcane super-storm.

sign me up

A Super storm of Blizzard that hails multiple Star Pact meteors in 50 yard radius.
A Super storm of Blizzard that hails multiple Star Pact meteors in 50 yard radius.

The storm would have to count as channeling and the starpacts would need to trigger area damage or something to make it useful in the current state probably.
12/22/2018 10:03 PMPosted by Legendairy

The storm would have to count as channeling and the starpacts would need to trigger area damage or something to make it useful in the current state probably.

Well with the 6pc working on every mob hit a storm would build damage insanely fast but I have a feeling it would end up like firebats and lag the screen.

That being said I do like the idea something spender type like arcane blizzard where you just have to click every 5-8 seconds where you just build damage.

Which then you could use the reverse archon with massive stacks and mow down elites that are left over.
It should be a 10 second gigantic energy twister that does like 8000% weapon damage.
8000% twister would be weak by current standards. But a huge twister that surrounds the archon and does appropriate damage, yea id be keen
200,000% Death Blossom.

You still won't kill anything...
give it the only remaining illusionist skill, mirror images. allow them to earn stacks and make them more like horrific mimics or necro's simulacrum (actually attacks).
arcane storm!!!!!!!

-or the arcane orb would be cool