Wirt's leg is blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 18 Next
but i have 260 Million.... thats the Price.....
11/07/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Nevalistis
We want to start by saying we hear you.

Since the moment we stepped into the office on Monday, we have been discussing everything Diablo non-stop. We’re fully committed to listening and engaging—so please keep the constructive feedback coming. Our primary focus right now is poring over that feedback to inform internal discussions, and we’ll follow up with further thoughts as soon as we can.
01/04/2019 02:47 PMPosted by Smokinstyle
For some reason you're 100% sure that the root cause is the same while also having 0 insight on how the game, the QA, or the development works at D3. Just stop trying to act smart before your boss chews you for it. ;)

You'd think that being able to tell the time is a pretty basic requirement for QA and yet we still get stuff like this...
    01/06/2019 01:13 AMPosted by WhoTells
    Asia sever season 15 was supposed to be ended on 01/06, 2019 17:00 KST.
    However, it's now 18:15. What happened, Blizzard?
Its Bugged for me ...
How long does it take?
FTHLOG
01/06/2019 11:32 AMPosted by KloverJane
How long does it take?
FTHLOG

Taking over 1 year so far, since this happened last year as well
I hope the cows reset, guess I’ll do some gold farming. Where’s the best place to do it?
01/06/2019 12:36 PMPosted by CeruleanBlue
I hope the cows reset, guess I’ll do some gold farming. Where’s the best place to do it?

Yes, the cows reset. Just exit the game and make a new one. I messed up the order the first time (year it came out) because I had no idea they were a puzzle and just started clicking on them. heh.
Maybe the leg will be legendary on monday. :-)
01/06/2019 01:27 PMPosted by HavenB

That is the soonest it will get fixed. Also, keep in mind the team is in California (USA), so is on Pacific time. They don't have the Dev team in on weekends unless the whole game totally breaks. The consoles may take additional time. Blizz does not control those servers so will have to pass the fix through a process to the Console companies.
01/06/2019 01:35 PMPosted by MissCheetah
01/06/2019 01:27 PMPosted by HavenB

That is the soonest it will get fixed. Also, keep in mind the team is in California (USA), so is on Pacific time. They don't have the Dev team in on weekends unless the whole game totally breaks. The consoles may take additional time. Blizz does not control those servers so will have to pass the fix through a process to the Console companies.

I don't remember how it was last year.. will we have to get a new recipe for the leg again? or this which we already have will give us legendary version?
01/06/2019 03:23 PMPosted by Soban
I don't remember how it was last year.. will we have to get a new recipe for the leg again? or this which we already have will give us legendary version?

I think you just have to craft the leg again after the fix goes through.
01/06/2019 01:35 PMPosted by MissCheetah
They don't have the Dev team
- This part of the phrase, in my opinion, would be sufficient in describing their attitude to the game.
since we are still talking about this im guessing its safe to assume the fix hasnt been implemented yet right?
01/06/2019 04:30 PMPosted by nikam
since we are still talking about this im guessing its safe to assume the fix hasnt been implemented yet right?
That is correct but it is the weekend so I wouldn't expect anything to happen until tomorrow.
01/06/2019 04:30 PMPosted by nikam

Correct. Most fixes, unless the whole game is broken, are done during the standard work week.
01/06/2019 04:34 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Most fixes, unless the whole game is broken, are done during the standard work week.
So why wasn't this done all day on Friday?
Was it so hard to apply the same fix as a year ago? Or are they looking for a cleaner who was fired so that she again dropped the mop on the very button like a year ago?
What is going on?
01/06/2019 05:13 PMPosted by bigblack
So why wasn't this done all day on Friday?
Was it so hard to apply the same fix as a year ago? Or are they looking for a cleaner who was fired so that she again dropped the mop on the very button like a year ago?
What is going on?

I sort of covered that on the Bug Report forum

01/06/2019 01:12 PMPosted by MissCheetah
01/06/2019 12:34 PMPosted by Daditude
My daughter told me something along the lines of Blizzard's original game developers have gone. A bug happened originally and they hot patched the last couple of years. Now the new devs on the team don't immediately know how to fix it. "Supposedly" they're working on it.
And, no, I don't know her source of the info. Sorry.

That is actually close I think. My understanding (not 100% confirmed by Blizz) is that Diablo 3 is now being worked on by the Classic Games team while Team 3 (the ones who made D3) are working on a new Diablo title that they have not announced yet.

They also don't work on the weekend unless the bug totally breaks the whole game. I don't expect any fix until at least tomorrow (Monday pacific time). Consoles may take longer as Blizzard does not directly control those severs and have to pass the update through a process to the console companies.
From my time as software QA, few thoughts:
a) Isolate the issue. May or may not be same as last year.
b) Design a patch. Due to code changes the fix from last year may not work.
c) Test that the patch fixes the issue (relatively simple in this case)
d) Test that the patch doesn't break anything else (regression testing)

Timeline for the impatient:
2019-01-03 10:15pm = Thread started
2019-01-04 2:44am Pacific = MissCheetah's post acknowledging as MVP
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20770687430#post-14
2019-01-04 3pm Pacific = Tyvalir's post acknowleging as CM
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20770687430?page=2#post-37

Assume that a few people took Friday off, the team in Friday had other work originally & had to scramble to dig into this... and that rigorous QA testing can take hours on its own (even automated).

My guess would be that they have a patch candidate, but tests were still running at end of business Friday. Until those tests are in, they could break the game by applying it to live servers. So they'll review results Monday, and if good apply then. Worst case Tues or Weds (if it really did break things).

In the meantime, you made it here & know not to craft any more. Play some rifts, play something else... there's plenty of time to cash in the cow.