Wirt's leg is blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 18 Next
01/06/2019 05:45 PMPosted by Scian
a) Isolate the issue. May or may not be same as last year.
b) Design a patch. Due to code changes the fix from last year may not work.
c) Test that the patch fixes the issue (relatively simple in this case)
d) Test that the patch doesn't break anything else (regression testing)

Don't forget that deploying on PC is pretty easy because they run those servers. For Console they have to give the fixed code to each Console maker to put on their servers.

01/06/2019 05:45 PMPosted by Scian
2019-01-04 2:44am Pacific = MissCheetah's post acknowledging as MVP

Note that I don't work there so I can't actually send anything over to QA or Devs, even if it was not the middle of the night. I did message the CMs though so they could attend to it in the morning.
I sort of covered that on the Bug Report forum
I saw this. I am an MVP like you, but in EU, you know. I just do not understand: why it was impossible to use same hotfix for the whole day, which the same one was applied a year ago. And if they could not fix it on Friday, then why not go to work place on Saturday and fix it finally? This is normal way towards the players: "we made mistake, twice the same, and so we do correct it even on the weekend, because we respect the community." - good way! Right? But now it looks like: "yes, it does not burn enough, so wait until we rest on the weekend and then maybe". It looks like a devil-may-care attitude. Eh, sorry but it like that :(
01/04/2019 10:00 AMPosted by Tyvalir
Thanks for these details - we're passing along your reports to investigate and will let you know as soon as we have more info!

Thanks for posting and letting us know that you are already solving the problem.

just tried the Event quests and Can't Complete due to the fact the wirt's leg plan i got gave me a blue wirt's leg so impossiable for me to progress further FIX please
01/06/2019 06:01 PMPosted by bigblack
And if they could not fix it on Friday, then why not go to work place on Saturday and fix it finally?

I am not sure about the laws and polices where you work, but most of the companies in the US don't make staff come in during their time off unless it is an emergency and they pay them extra for it. Getting management to authorize the extra spending, and taking time off away from staff, is not easy. They do it for emergencies where the whole game breaks, but not for small bugs. Also keep in mind, IF it really is the Classic Games team working on it, then there are different people who are not familiar with what happened last year or what the fix is.

I know it is frustrating. It should never have happened again this year. I am trying to focus on the part that really bugs me - which is the fact it happened twice. I am not upset at staff for not working the weekend.
Clearly someone forgot to save the code with the fix in place from last year before stashing it away for another year lol. I wonder who that was?

I know it’s a minor bug, not necessarily game breaking.. more of a pain in the butt kinda deal..

But...

In all seriousness.. we’ve all been watching blizzard fall from the heavens themselves in literally everything they do now. A nice great company that actually handled this stuff with ease and in a matter of little time... to this.

I feel we will all be seeing more of this at a more frequent rate in the coming months sadly.....

I feel they need a huge remodeling of the company without ”Activis” attached to it. And if this means they cancel projects now and downgrade to focus on a few projects at a time again.. then so be it. At least we’ll all see a better more refined product.
01/06/2019 06:06 PMPosted by MissCheetah
and they pay them extra for it.
I could be wrong, but spending on work on the weekends would be more than covered by the gratitude of the game audience. Therefore, most likely, this is not the reason.
As about Classic Games team... You see, this is the same mistake as a year ago, and it means that somewhere it is written how to solve it. Bliizard is serious company and it cannot be that the document on how to correct this error has been lost somewhere. Why not found it and not applied hotfix - it remains a question.
01/03/2019 09:44 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Really? Again? *head desk*

Three days ago ive said in another thread "no patch without bugs in D3" - heres prove right again *LOL. ^^
Oh great...
Got the cow pet on my PC version already and got myself the Switch version as well.
Well...no cow for this version then...
Please fix the wirt's leg bug in my accoount too. Cuz I get only magical leg the first time craft, and cant go to maps of stars for the pet. :'(

Regards,
Mark
Plase fix wirt's leg bug in my accoount. I did it first time but it gave me blue leg, not legendary.

Thanks!
Guys, it's a global bug (not account) & should be fixed this week. Event's good until the 30th. Chill.

As MissCheetah noted, consoles may take a few more days due to needing to be relayed through the manufacturer's system.
in the prepared maintenance I realize that there is only for wow and heroes of storm. When the patch for the leg wirt in diablo 3, the year happened with the same error and do not know how to solve it xd.
01/05/2019 03:57 PMPosted by LoliVix1993
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I couldnt agree more, Ive spent 10 millions XD before knowing about the bug XD
wtf man, i could give u 10x that amount for free, 10m is nothing.

Surely, you can do. And what's the problem? I was not complaining about the gold that I spend. I just stated it as a funny fact. Please, make sure that you completely understand something before comenting XD.
I just want the cow :-(
If I remember correctly same problem was in 2017, but they fixed it within few days. Dont know why they havent fixed this issue yet. Good thing is we have 23 more days to complete the quest so we can get damn cow, so no rush.
How do you get that much gold? I haven’t played since LoD days so this is all new to me.
01/07/2019 04:48 AMPosted by Scian
Guys, it's a global bug (not account) & should be fixed this week. Event's good until the 30th. Chill.

As MissCheetah noted, consoles may take a few more days due to needing to be relayed through the manufacturer's system.

It's been three days now, they have been at work for 6 hours so far today, and nothing has been done or said yet.

Just more laziness... And that's not okay!
01/07/2019 10:46 AMPosted by CeruleanBlue
How do you get that much gold? I haven’t played since LoD days so this is all new to me.

If you farm the vault, keep progressing in GRs, etc., it just adds up eventually. Easiest way is to farm the vault though, that's for sure.
01/07/2019 11:12 AMPosted by ATinyCactus
01/07/2019 10:46 AMPosted by CeruleanBlue

If you farm the vault, keep progressing in GRs, etc., it just adds up eventually. Easiest way is to farm the vault though, that's for sure.

...and using the Boon of the Hoarder legendary gem. Just one run through a Torment 13 rift should be a couple 100 million.