Release the patch !

General Discussion
Usually we get to see the new patch a week or ten days before the season starts for some obvious reasons i guess ; not everyone has played the PTR so these days are precious to see feedbacks about eventual bugs that hasn't been reported (seen or consicnetly ommited by the PTR players).

How come that both the patch and the season come at the same time (according to what I undestand across the D3 event page) ? As long as the patch is set, I really don't see why it doesn't comes now.

The patch note is set, the players are waiting, upload the patch !
Patches are usually released on Tuesdays (US time) and as the current Era is ending tomorrow on Tuesday 8th, it's likely that the patch will be tomorrow.
01/07/2019 05:14 AMPosted by Orwell1
How come that both the patch and the season come at the same time (according to what I undestand across the D3 event page) ? As long as the patch is set, I really don't see why it doesn't comes now.

The patch note is set, the players are waiting, upload the patch !

They spoke only of season's release date, not the patch, so I'm not sure how you got that they're planning on releasing both on the same day. As said above, patches are normally released on Tuesdays.
Now I've checked the US page I think you are right ;

"Season 16 begins January 18 and accompanies our latest Diablo III patch. Read on to learn more about upcoming class set tweaks, quality of life changes, and a brand-new Seasonal buff that’s sure to make Season 16 grand!"

On the french page it sounds much more ambiguous.

Well, all the best and let's hope that tomorrow we'll get it !
NO, we will not release it!
it will be released after Easter hollydays!

* D3 dev
I thought they were released Tuesdays before patch so wouldn't it be Jan 15th?
01/07/2019 06:01 AMPosted by Reeselover3

The current era ends on the 8th, which means the new era also starts on the 8th.
If would be weird for an era to have a week of 2.6.1 and the rest as 2.6.4
Try as I might, I can't understand why Blizzard doesn't give concrete details on things like this. Are they trying to create hype and anticipation or something? Or (much worse) do they not actually know themselves and they're just hoping to fit it in the daily schedule sometime? I'm aware that Blizzard's communication has never been good, but it's gotten much worse over the years.
If I remember right the last time we had class set buffs they gave us two weeks to practice before the season, so probably tomorrow on the 8th. : )
I think people in this thread want the patch released so they can test their bots with it before the season starts.
Patch should be tomorrow to coincide with the Era Change.
01/07/2019 08:21 AMPosted by Evoportals
I think people in this thread want the patch released so they can test their bots with it before the season starts.

Yea, whatever, go launch a petition to RIP D3 from the blizzard's servers if you want to.

My thought is that leggit players want to play the new patch and aren't happy about bliz's communication, that is it.

No, I want it released because as soon as it hit PTR, it killed any desire I had to keep playing my main. Why would I keep playing when I'm literally doing 25% of the damage as I would be after the patch? Ill finally be able to do both my T13 farming and GR farm/pushing on the same character. That hasn't been true for a very long time.
01/07/2019 06:48 AMPosted by Meteorblade
01/07/2019 06:01 AMPosted by Reeselover3

The current era ends on the 8th, which means the new era also starts on the 8th.
If would be weird for an era to have a week of 2.6.1 and the rest as 2.6.4

Ya but they arent resetting the leaderboards till 11th I think and I thought the leaderboards needed to reset before changes are put in

Unless they just recently changed it to the 8th. I seen 2 sources and with 2 different data for reset.
01/07/2019 09:30 AMPosted by Flansy

No, I want it released because as soon as it hit PTR, it killed any desire I had to keep playing my main. Why would I keep playing when I'm literally doing 25% of the damage as I would be after the patch? Ill finally be able to do both my T13 farming and GR farm/pushing on the same character. That hasn't been true for a very long time.

What?

Every class can already do this..........

If they are built correctly.
01/07/2019 10:24 AMPosted by DTMAce
What?

Every class can already do this..........

If they are built correctly.

Yeah sure, if you dont mind doing 10 less GR levels on your 'push' character. I do T13 content on my 'main' MS DH, but my Condemn Crusader can do higher greater rifts faster, easier, and with far worse gear. The point is after the patch, I wont have to change characters to suit the difficulty I'm doing.

^_^ it wouldnt be proper to have a D3 forum thread without at least 1 mention of botters <3 ty that cracked me up

[to blizz: if you starve a dog for a long time... then dangle a steak just out of his reach, he'll get on d3 forums and say RELEASE THE STEAK!]

Bots dont work after patches...they take weeks to update. Nice jab though.
Be prepared to be disappointed, there has been a lot of that going on around here lately. My heart says 8th but my mind is saying 15th, and that hurts thinking about it.
01/07/2019 01:55 PMPosted by HokGnav
Be prepared to be disappointed, there has been a lot of that going on around here lately. My heart says 8th but my mind is saying 15th, and that hurts thinking about it.

Don't think it will be 15 otherwise it made no sense to delay S16 start even further. The gap is there to fix some potential game breaking bugs or maybe super over powered builds until thr 18th.

But then again, most things Blizzard did lately didn't make much sense, so you might be onto something.