Firebird dead after patch?

Wizard
Firebird @ 4000% (max stacks)
DMO @ 8500%
Tal Rasha @ 12000% (max stacks)

So is there a reason to use the most finnicky to stack damage bonus after the patch? Seems like it'll be trash tier. Considering it's already the worst set for speed runs and killing trash... now it'll be the wost set for GRs too.
Its still gr150 capable so not exactly trash.
Talrasha will have issues outside of rrorg season as endless walk will be harder to fit into the build. Nightmare set might top it we will see soon
You really only need to replace the convention of elements with a ring of royal grandeur to make it happen. It's awkward, but I'd rather 12,000% and no convention than 4000% with convention.
By the way, Tals has been reduced from 3000% per elemental stack to 2000%, so the max set bonus is now 8000% instead of 12000%.
01/07/2019 02:14 PMPosted by mcdundee
By the way, Tals has been reduced from 3000% per elemental stack to 2000%, so the max set bonus is now 8000% instead of 12000%.

Still doesn't seem like they are trying to fairly balance. They're just trying to shake up the balance of power while they casually power creep.

Maybe what they should do is rework some of the mechanics a little. So what if something ends up being totally game breaking. Way more interesting than what they're doing here in my eyes.
Firebird will still be the top Wiz build methinks. The patch was to catch up the other sets to compete with Firebirds. Tals Star Pact may exceed it, but we won't know until the patch goes live as Tals was nerfed from PTR.
LON will be new king :)
For NS at least
I agree lon on paper look strong. But need to see in practice without paragon swapping can you survive the run between packs
01/07/2019 04:09 PMPosted by Eirhead
01/07/2019 02:14 PMPosted by mcdundee

Still doesn't seem like they are trying to fairly balance. They're just trying to shake up the balance of power while they casually power creep.

Maybe what they should do is rework some of the mechanics a little. So what if something ends up being totally game breaking. Way more interesting than what they're doing here in my eyes.

In Season Tal has a clear advantage of being able to run Endless Walk via the rorg bonus.

NS is not as clear when you consider that Tal can run neither Endless Walk nor Black Hole, whereas Firebird can run both, essentially making up for the lower FB set bonus. LON has the highest set bonus at 9750% and can still run Black Hole. LON and Tal also have a major gameplay advantage in that they don't require an ignited elite to deal max dmg.
Remember that Firebird gives you a dmg reduction while tal is not (despite reistances). That is a huge difference in high gr levels (at least in solo play).
01/07/2019 11:40 PMPosted by mcdundee
01/07/2019 04:09 PMPosted by Eirhead

In Season Tal has a clear advantage of being able to run Endless Walk via the rorg bonus.

NS is not as clear when you consider that Tal can run neither Endless Walk nor Black Hole, whereas Firebird can run both, essentially making up for the lower FB set bonus. LON has the highest set bonus at 9750% and can still run Black Hole. LON and Tal also have a major gameplay advantage in that they don't require an ignited elite to deal max dmg.

Ya LoN is intriguing. But forfeiting endless walk & convention of elements is going to keep it out of top tier I think.
01/10/2019 09:06 AMPosted by Eirhead
01/07/2019 11:40 PMPosted by mcdundee

Ya LoN is intriguing. But forfeiting endless walk & convention of elements is going to keep it out of top tier I think.

LON can’t run Endless Walk but it can certainly run CoE in the cube. For cyclical burst group pushing builds like Star pact, CoE is mandatory.

The nice thing about LON is the flexibility it offers in gear and skill selection. Depending on your paragon and preferred dps/toughness levels, you can tailor LON in a number of ways.

Toughness options include APDs or Ashnagars/shielding skill synergy, a Hellfire amulet with a defensive passive or one of the immunity amulets, Aquila Cuirass, Mantle of Channeling shoulders, Crown of the Primus. This last option is interesting as all runes of slow time offers some significant group benefits such as IAS for the RGK. The reduced enemy attack speed and Exhaustion rune “enemies deal reduced dmg” don’t suffer from the same diminishing returns as stacking flat dmg reduction.

For more DPS you can run Strongarms, stack arcane elemental dmg up to 85% with bracer/Swamp Land Waders/Moonlight Ward/Andariels. Again, Crown of the Primus is a solid dps and survival option. LON can also more easily run Archon/Swami/Fazula for another 4x multi.
01/10/2019 03:18 PMPosted by mcdundee
01/10/2019 09:06 AMPosted by Eirhead

LON can’t run Endless Walk but it can certainly run CoE in the cube. For cyclical burst group pushing builds like Star pact, CoE is mandatory.
Halo of Karini/Arlyse is much more important for the DR. Sure CoE is nice, but what good is it if you get 1 shotted. Sure there are more defense options, but Halo is pretty mandatory.
Usually the most glass cannon setups take top spot on ladder. That being said, ofc there is a theoretical minimum DR requirement depending on the level. I have been playing around with it abit. Looks like solo will require a halo as expected. But its possible(I would say probable based on previous seasons 4k para players) that groups will not have such restriction. Thus I would expect the top players to be able to run LoN archon sp with CoE if they wanted to.