Access to Act V and Adventure Mode

General Discussion
Hello,

I just dusted off D3 after a 5 year hiatus (lol). I just beat Diablo in Act IV. How do I get to Act V and then adventure mode? Do I have to buy the expansion pack first?

Thanks,
GF
Get Reaper of Souls while it is on sale
Yes, act 5 is via the expansion. Adventure mode requires completing the entire story (I believe act 5 is a must in this) to unlock.
Thanks....do I need to be level 70 first?

GF
I don't believe so. I believe it is specifically kill Malthiel to unlock.
01/07/2019 09:02 PMPosted by Death
Get Reaper of Souls while it is on sale

How much is it on sale for?
No longer on sale.. sale ended today.
01/07/2019 09:10 PMPosted by Reeselover3
No longer on sale.. sale ended today.

Figures lol
Its 19.99 though
And for necro pack is 14.99 if you want to play as a necromancer
Hello Again - How often does Blizzard have a sale?

01/07/2019 09:12 PMPosted by Reeselover3
Its 19.99 though
Not very often. If you have WoW gold, buy a token or two and get RoS with the Blizzard balance. I bought Overwatch and the WC3 remaster with WoW gold, it was oddly satisfying.
01/07/2019 09:04 PMPosted by Godfather
Thanks....do I need to be level 70 first?

GF

01/07/2019 09:06 PMPosted by Permajinxed
I don't believe so. I believe it is specifically kill Malthiel to unlock.

To clarify:

You cannot level to 70 unless you buy the expansion. The base game only lets you go to 60.

You may or may not reach level 70 by the time you kill Mal, but that will matter little.

Adventure mode will also be unlocked once you finish Act 5, then a whole new game opens up for you with much more to do there. Rifts, Greater Rifts, set dungeons, bounties, lots of different goblins, legendary potions, legendary gems, Kanai's Cube, more map areas, more monsters, level 70 Uber bosses, not to mention, full class sets (4 each class), Ancient legendaries, Primal Ancient legendaries, etc etc.

I still think its worth picking up. But shop around. You could probably pick up a box copy for cheap too.

Game on.