Consistently Powerful Barb Build (~Top 2)

Barbarian
This may not be surprising to Nubtro, but with all the MOTE discussions I see in forums, I would like to say this:

6 MOTE+2 IK+IBs Cold seismic slam is one of the strongest barb setups. I have no clue why 6000 paragon players would not try it. As I have 1600 paragon only I cleared 103 with this without fishing (7-8 months ago). Afterwards, I quit playing and did not push at all. It is right there among IK hota and Rhota builds. You can see the details of my setup below:

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Prokahn-1764/hero/72096699

Next season's royal buff and the set buffs will definitely put this build in an even better spot. For your consideration if you still have some experimental vibes for trying different things.

Peace
What's your skill rotation and strategy for this?
1)Pop CoA
2) Pop WC and BR
3) Leap far from mobs
4) Keep slamming until BoM buff is about to wear of
5)Leap again
6) Keep slamming
7) try to land 50 yards away from mobs to maximize no escape

When fighting RG with poison, land in poison pools, fury regen will not be an issue. Toughness reaches 1B throughout-2B when moving. Toughness is not an issue.

You will be seeing 300B damage while fighting mobs

On single targets stricken kicks the damage to 2000B values. Very solid setup.

Note: 7% IAS and 24% AD on both weapons is preferred. Life regen occurs with LpF. BR StP works as well.

Normally I was using BR bloodshed but SS crits and Bloodshed damage may have a bug in its current form. StP may be the better option for now.
Sounds like tons of fun--will give this a try next era. But no way is it close to R6 HOTA in terms of power. We're talking about a build that can dish out the DPS to do 120 at less than 2k Paragon. Closer in terms of parity next Season for sure, but still not on par. The base item multipliers aren't competitive.

Right now, HOTA gets 14,000% from R6, 800% from Gavel, 500% from Bracer.

Slam gets 5,600% from M6, 500% (conditional) from Bracer, 500% from Peak.

Next patch, only difference will be in set multipliers: 35,000% for HOTA, 20,000 for Slam with MOTE.

More competitive, sure, but still not on par with R6 HOTA's power potential. Not sure how you can make up for 15,000% difference.
Not really surprised, since Mote6 Istvan coldslam was strongest slam build last ptr when we tested it. Definitely will be fun next season with RoRG slot.

Mote6/IK4 will be gg as well.
12/05/2018 09:34 AMPosted by Free
Sounds like tons of fun--will give this a try next era. But no way is it close to R6 HOTA in terms of power. We're talking about a build that can dish out the DPS to do 120 at less than 2k Paragon. Closer in terms of parity next Season for sure, but still not on par.

It’s not near R6 HotA. It’s about same as current Leap-qwaaak/IK HotA. Power output necessary between 103-4 and 115+ is insane. Say Proey could do 106 with fishing, at his 16k str. I could add about 3-4 levels to it with my circa 25 000. Guy with 3000 paragon over me (so 6300+) will add another 15k on top of mine 25, which is again about 4 levels. So bottom line 115, say 117 with 6000 para and heavy fishing. IK HotA and Leapquake are more or less same area right now.
What we doing next season. We slammin
Anyone try R6+IK2? Would be a stronger version of the MOTE Slam concept.
12/05/2018 10:07 AMPosted by Free

Makes no sense to me, R6 slam would do just fine, just as it did. IK 2 is for ancients (fury + mitigation), R6 have no issues with Fury. You can basically just take your R6 hammer setup, with same rolls, swap bracers and weapon in cube, adjust passives and take it to town.

What I’m really surprised about is, why nobody plays R6 Rumble. In case nobody noticed, this sh!t would r4pe single target like a quire boy.
@Free

About multipliers, please note that Zei's, Trapped, Stricken, No Escape all are separate multipliers. Zei's and No escape are not used in other builds. So this build does substantial and consistent single target damage, which may not be very apparent at first.
12/05/2018 10:13 AMPosted by S4v4G3
12/05/2018 10:07 AMPosted by Free

Makes no sense to me, R6 slam would do just fine, just as it did. IK 2 is for ancients (fury + mitigation), R6 have no issues with Fury. You can basically just take your R6 hammer setup, with same rolls, swap bracers and weapon in cube, adjust passives and take it to town.

What I’m really surprised about is, why nobody plays R6 Rumble. In case nobody noticed, this sh!t would r4pe single target like a quire boy.
If you pool your charges slamming all of them would be an issue. Why r6 hota works so well because you don’t need fury since it gets returned to you. Slam doesn’t. It has 50% reduction. Which is poop

But with rumble I can see it happening.
Slam works with R6, and works very well. I’m telling you. I played Rumble, permafrost and strength from earth. You play differently with slam than HoTA. Slam costs you 15 or less fury depending on rolls, you have 11 hits from full globe, that’s over 2.5 hits per second in 4 second coe wondow.

Only issue is

THEM STUPID BRACERS WITH CAP ON THEM!!!!!!!

$&^*%#~%*> !!!!!!!
Sillydeal plays this build.

It can't be that good.

<3
You guys talking my language. Best build ever.
12/05/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Prokahn
@Free

About multipliers, please note that Zei's, Trapped, Stricken, No Escape all are separate multipliers. Zei's and No escape are not used in other builds. So this build does substantial and consistent single target damage, which may not be very apparent at first.

No doubt. The build hits like a truck. But it's not close to R6 HOTA.

R6 HOTA also gets Trapped and Stricken and synchs Wrath with CoE. No Escape and Zei's can't make up the gap between R6 and M6--we're talking more than 2x the base multiplier just on the set bonus. The gap will arguably be larger next patch--15,000% base difference.

12/05/2018 10:13 AMPosted by S4v4G3

It's a minor build on the cusp of going major. Only thing that holds it back is... you guessed it: Bracers cap. It really limits what you can do in density. Anyway, best way to play it is probably identical to R6 HOTA -- wall-charge for stacks, unload in synch with Wrath and CoE. I've been meaning to push it a bit.
12/05/2018 03:03 PMPosted by Siladil
You guys talking my language. Best build ever.

Look what you've done now guys.

You've awoken a dark terror.
12/05/2018 03:14 PMPosted by Free
best way to play it is probably identical to R6 HOTA -- wall-charge for stacks, unload in synch with Wrath and CoE. I've been meaning to push it a bit.

You will play with FoTVP in hand, and Furnace in cube. Max fury secondary weapon and belt. No need to wall charge and stuff, you only need 5 stacks, and you will need to charge few times after dump anyways. No need to syncing much with CoE.

620% base weapon damage
+186 x 15% from fury equals
3410% weapon damage (starpact is 3420% weapon damage)
You can get to 3710% Weapon damage via Animosity

Than you get 500% from FoTVP and 500% conditional from bracers

Than, you multiply that sh!t by 351x times next patch (35 000 set bonus at 5 stacks)

I mean, Wiz got 3420 weapon plus
60% Arcane Dynamo
325% Deathwish
150% Etched Sigil
600% Boots
400% Grand Vizier
Wave stacks

Barb have 3710 weapon
500% weapon
500% conditional bracers

But we have 141x now, and will have 351x next patch, hopefully. And 2h weapon damage vs 1h weapon damage is also quite big
12/05/2018 10:46 AMPosted by S4v4G3
THEM STUPID BRACERS WITH CAP ON THEM!!!!!!!

This
12/05/2018 04:10 PMPosted by S4v4G3
+186 x 15% from fury equals
3410% weapon damage (starpact is 3420% weapon damage)

It deals that 15% weapon damage bonus per tremor bro, and there are two tremors.

Rumble: 620% + (186 - 13.5 Fury cost) * 15% + (186 - 13,5) * 15% = 5795% per cast
With Animosity you achieve 6395% per cast.

________

MotE6 IK2 Istvan Permafrost is very good, but has a couple of issues:
1. Destruction 5 enemy limit makes pushing harder
2. mobility on the full dps variant is on par with / or worse than IK HotA = bad
- RoRG meta may cube Socks (lose Frostburn)
- RoRG meta may use Sprint in the "free" skill slot (lose OP:KS or War Cry)
3. forgetting to Leap = instagib
- RoRG meta may equip Together as One and cube Fury shoulders (lose Frostburn)

I had a difficult time adjusting from constantly Leaping to keeping track of BoM effect. It´s very easy to get immersed in SlamSpam. Funny thing is that I was usually looking at Leap icon, which shows the 10 seconds effect, instead of BoM icon above the skill UI, which lasts 8 seconds :P
^also since this is a ranged build, it can more effectively use oculus procs.

@Nubtro
The build has ample toughness, I totally forgot about frostburn. I ll switch CoA rune to fury and use frostburn. Should see if damage/survivability ratio is better. Also, as you play watching for BoM procs become a habit. I am currently not easily dying.

Note: Bloodshed is important as well