A month later... Are you guys convinced?

General Discussion
Highly Rated
A month later, they're still reading our feedback...

Just... not responding to any of it in a meaningful way.

So I guess we'll have to stick with the "some will take longer" news because, well, who gives a crap about the fanbase anyway.

Look at the topic list. Already people are resigned. Many already moved on, and I mean, what else are we going to do anyway.

DI trolls are taking over already.

Such a shame to see the crew just sitting on it while waiting for it to pass.

I thought for a while they were actually going to come up with something meaningful after the "A Quick Word from Blizzard" post. A month later and nothing to show for it.

Shame.
Highly Rated
The response is pathetic. I understand the CM doesn't act on their own, but was far from the only person who could have responded post Blizzcon yet there was only silence.

I sincerely hope the CM actually passes on the sentiment to her higher ups, assuming they do the fact they are still utterly failing to address the situation in any meaningful way speaks volumes about what they truly think about their "fans".
Honestly, with how things have been recently, I'd be surprised by any active engagement on blizzard's part before the release of immortal and/or the unveiling of whatever next "project" they've got planned.
Yes.

Every morning, the CMs and the Devs dutifully start their day by reading all the new posts in the forums. Dutifully writing down all the valuable suggestions, and then coming together later to try fit it into the games under development.

D4 is almost ready for unveiling, so more Devs are being hired to crew up Fenris. They should make it in time for a Christmas announcement, which should bring joy to the numerous Blizzard fans who have been waiting for a month.

The CMs are dying to engage people on the forums, but are instructed not to in order to keep things quiet until the D4 launch. Anyway, it is only a couple of weeks away.

To tide Diablo players over, there is a slew of new content for Diablo 3 in the upcoming season! A new playable class, Druid, as well as a new story arc which is released free to all Diablo players as a token of appreciation for being patient throughout the whole DI episode.

Then I woke up.
Checked the forums.
Still no Blizzard engagement.
OK.
It appears that they want to stay quiet over BlizzCon 2018. No explanation of their actions, no admission or accountability of the PR disaster.

They will either dismiss the feedback or heavily play it down as a minor hiccup.

They want this to blow over.

They are too comfortable in that ivory tower to face up to the tough questions and the criticism, let alone the fan base.
Clearly Blizzard has a different definition for "engaging" than most likely 99.999 of the planet.
Engagement to Blizzard nowadays means boilerplate Activision "we hear you" statement followed by radio silence. I heard them though. Cancelled my WoW account. Stopped playing D3. Moved on. The new PoE league sounds interesting. Or maybe I'll go back and start playing TOR again. Its sad when I'd rather give EA my money than Blizzard. What has the world come to?
They are probably preparing some Diablo Go haha.
The developers are hunkering down hoping that the blizzard of angry fans will pass.

They do have phones but sadly there is no reception ;(
12/04/2018 07:56 PMPosted by DeMasked
The developers are hunkering down hoping that the blizzard of angry fans will pass.

They do have phones but sadly there is no reception ;(

The response to the "don't you have phones" should have been "don't you have ears!"
i honestly feel hopeless about it all, probably won't change until i actually see something from blizzard
Maybe someone can write in the forum using others language as well.Might Help.
I'm as convinced now as I was the day after the phones announcement.
They have been saying for a very, very long time now that they want to increase communication with us, then they go forward and communicate less. For a month they have been saying they "hear us", but all we get out of them is "multiple projects", "forges are burning hot", and "check back at a later date".

Either you have something or you don't. Either you want to communicate with us or you don't. The more you jack with your customers, the more you lose credibility, and your credibility at the moment is nowhere near what it once was.

Try being straight up with your fan base. It might hurt some now, but it will make things a ton better in the future. You have a future, don't you?
I guess free tickets to blizzcon diablo floor.
I was convinced there was never going to be much for communication after the Necro exploit Sticky Topic, back then, they thanked us for our feed back, spit in the faces of the players that didn't use the exploit, promised better communication in the future and then DEAD SILENCE for months.
No, what they have done since BlizzCON hasn't surprised me at all.
12/05/2018 09:51 AMPosted by Alexismad
They have been saying for a very, very long time now that they want to increase communication with us, then they go forward and communicate less. For a month they have been saying they "hear us", but all we get out of them is "multiple projects", "forges are burning hot", and "check back at a later date".

Either you have something or you don't. Either you want to communicate with us or you don't. The more you jack with your customers, the more you lose credibility, and your credibility at the moment is nowhere near what it once was.

Try being straight up with your fan base. It might hurt some now, but it will make things a ton better in the future. You have a future, don't you?

That...
12/04/2018 07:00 PMPosted by Nephalem

So I guess we'll have to stick with the "some will take longer" news because, well, who gives a crap about the fanbase anyway.

Look at the topic list. Already people are resigned. Many already moved on, and I mean, what else are we going to do anyway.

I thought for a while they were actually going to come up with something meaningful after the "A Quick Word from Blizzard" post. A month later and nothing to show for it.

Shame.

When you don't provide meaningful feedback don't expect a meaningful response.
12/06/2018 03:26 PMPosted by iamzer0xx
12/04/2018 07:00 PMPosted by Nephalem

Shame.

When you don't provide meaningful feedback don't expect a meaningful response.

Oh, a cute troll, it had been so long since I saw one. NOT...

The fanbase has provided tons of meaningful feedback, douchebag. You're just too stupid to realize it. Can't imagine you'd just give them a hand when they don't even consider you enough to provide something significant in response to the massive wave of resentment from the fanbase.

Try thinking about that if you didn't fry your last working brain cells.
12/04/2018 09:23 PMPosted by blueberry
Maybe someone can write in the forum using others language as well.Might Help.
Wonder why the downvotes given that when someone posts something that breaks the code of conduct is the only time they (CMs) show they're alive.