Diablo III for Switch already on sale

General Discussion
Diablo III for the Switch was released on 2nd November.

Just a month later and it's already on sale...
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Diablo-III-Eternal-Collection-1417875.html
Down from £49.99 to £34.99 until 10th December, i.e. a 30% discount.

Was this promotion intended to make it cheaper for people to buy a Switch and D3 so they could take part in the competition to win a Switch and D3?
I might be wrong but a lot of titles will go on sale to clear inventory. Games like Mario Odyssey might stay full price for a long time because Nintendo knows they can sell it for that much
12/06/2018 04:36 AMPosted by ANGRYMARINES
I might be wrong but a lot of titles will go on sale to clear inventory.

That's kind of the point, i.e. they're trying to clear it just a month after it released.
12/06/2018 04:13 AMPosted by Meteorblade
Was this promotion intended to make it cheaper for people to buy a Switch and D3 so they could take part in the competition to win a Switch and D3?

Indeed. At least that's a smart move on their part. Yet I'm not entirely sure why they're pulling the price down that much. That gave me the impression that sales are slow due to Switch sales.
Or it's Christmas season and they believe they'll move that much more at a reduced price. Though, that may disrupt the "D3 Sux!" narrative of some. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Diablo-III-Eternal-Collection-1417875.html

It's called a Christmas sale. They happen every year around this time.
It's the holidays and btw it was already a bold decision to make it a 60$ purchase when the game isn't new.

They already have tons of active players on the Switch, more than on the PC, so I don't think they really need to put it on sale, it's just for Christmas.
It's a Nintendo marketing decision.
D3 SCAMBOAT confirmed. Devs jumping ship in DROVES because no one wants to work on the reskinned Diablo Immo IP they acquired from a chinese company.
12/06/2018 06:26 AMPosted by haters
D3 SCAMBOAT confirmed. Devs jumping ship in DROVES because no one wants to work on the reskinned Diablo Immo IP they acquired from a chinese company.

Haters gonna hate.

You are reaching in your quest to watch things burn. CoD Black ops 4 is on sale for 29.99. A game that raked in 500 million n 3 days.
The U.S.S. Immortal jumping off into red-star glare as the beginning of a new 'Game-boy: The Next Generation' episode begins.

(corny sci-fi electronic muzac begins)

Introduction of cast; Captain Mario
Commander Link
Lieutenant-Commander Donkey-Kong
Lieutenant-Commander Yoshi
Lieutenant Diablo
Counselor Peach
Ensign Pikachu
12/06/2018 05:43 AMPosted by Imperius
It's the holidays and btw it was already a bold decision to make it a 60$ purchase when the game isn't new.

They already have tons of active players on the Switch, more than on the PC, so I don't think they really need to put it on sale, it's just for Christmas.

Yeah...don't get me wrong, I basically despise Blizzard now and don't plan on buying any more of their products ever unless drastic changes are made in the company, but D3 on Switch being on sale has nothing to do with Blizzard's downfall. It's Nintendo putting stuff on sale for the holidays, like they always do. The physical edition doesn't appear to be on sale (not by much anyway - it's $55 on Amazon).
I bought a switch bundle with Mario kart during Black Friday. Best deal I’ve ever seen for this system.
Christmas? Take a few dollar hit to sell a lot more copies. I'm quite sure a lot more sales happen during the holidays, and not just to games, to get people to spend more at that particular store. TOYS/GAMES especially go on sale during Christmas
Thats a promotion only blizz can come up with; win a switch but only if you already got a switch - head > desk. ^^

loads of discounts on black friday, i got the D3 switch pack for £289 rather then £330
12/07/2018 12:54 AMPosted by NINEGRAVES
Thats a promotion only blizz can come up with; win a switch but only if you already got a switch - head > desk. ^^

I own a Switch, and I wouldn't say no to a second one.