Infinite Archon?

Wizard
I had a friend telling me about some sort of infinite Archon build, but he admits it was some 10 seasons ago.

Is there a build for infinite Archon? That seems like it would just be fun to do.
Just search for Vyr wizard build.
E.g. this one:
https://www.diablofans.com/builds/94869-2-6-1-gr109-vyr-mh-chantodo

There's also firebird version out there.
Infinite archon build hes refers to is probably the one before RoS when you killed an enemy you got 1sec more archon time.
12/09/2018 03:05 AMPosted by VattenDrag
Infinite archon build hes refers to is probably the one before RoS when you killed an enemy you got 1sec more archon time.
Even then, you needed crazy density to perma-archon. It's only really viable with cooldown reduction, which didn't come until RoS.
Pseudo-Infinite Archon is achieved with Vyrs-6, 62+% CDR, Obsidian Ring, maybe Gogok, and high ApS achieved through Archon stacks. My Wiz Kalyse has 62.63% CDR without Gogok. With 15 Gogok stacks its 68.24% CDR meaning I have 11.76 seconds of downtime. All I need is 100-105 Archon stacks to reach 5 ApS which means the 11.76 seconds is negated in just over 2 seconds when channeling outside of Archon. One can achieve 100 stacks with relative ease and even with weak density.

Kalyse = https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/BossDogg-1898/hero/71958097

Gogok makes it easier to get back into Archon very fast and double stack the Archon stacks. Gogok also makes it easier to reach the 5 ApS break point which you want with the Manald Heal lightning build.

If Blizz raised the attack speed cap Vyr's Archon would become stronger.
Yes Perma Wiz Archon 60%+ CDR, Obsidian Ring (just to get started), Gogok (after casting Archon with 15% CDR stack will be permanent), and In-Geom will reduce the cooldown by 10 seconds when you kill elite pack. After the first Archon, you'll need to reduce cooldown with Obsidian Ring, but after that, you'll cast it with 15% Gogok, and then you'll start having double archon stacks, which is where it truly becomes an archon build. I'm sure In-Geom isn't necessary, but I think the Gogok/Zei/Powerful with Starfire/In-geom Archon Vyr6 is the best way to achieve permanent archon, and of course infinite teleport.