just here to put the flowers on blizzard's grave

General Discussion
games are suffering so what do they do? continue to ignore feedback and add another store mount for wow

f
Over dramatic much?

If they see money in other markets then let them go there. If they make more money going after other markets then who are we to stop them?

It's a business.
12/15/2018 12:07 AMPosted by BaldursGate
Over dramatic much?

If they see money in other markets then let them go there. If they make more money going after other markets then who are we to stop them?

It's a business.

now ur just being funny
12/14/2018 11:04 PMPosted by Mercy
games are suffering so what do they do? continue to ignore feedback and add another store mount for wow

f

Same for HotS - they quit esports and reduce team - there really seem to be some burning trees at blizzard currently.
12/15/2018 12:25 AMPosted by Mercy
Over dramatic much?

It's a business.

now ur just being funny

I'm being real. People let their emotions override logic and it's only logical for Blizzard to go where the most money is since they're a business.
12/15/2018 01:07 AMPosted by BaldursGate
since they're a business

Really depressing mindset right there. Everything is a business, it doesn't mean you should sell you a.ss at the first chance for money if you care the least for your own work. Its called integrity and it pays off in the long run.
Every great small business that brought customers flocking to them lost that very thing, when they grew too fast and spread out the brain trust too thinly.

Blizzard has lost many employees as Activision has been taking control more and more of late.

Then, moving devs from their proven games to the new mobile gaming enterprise is dooming the loss of their fanbase of 10 years and more.

Greed knows no bound, and in the rush to claim the gold, Activision has all but gutted Blizzard.
Unannounced Projects may stay just like that, "Unannounced".
*sad song on a tiny violin*
Over dramatic much?

It's a business.
Investors in GE want to have a chat with you.
12/15/2018 02:43 AMPosted by Junky
since they're a business

Really depressing mindset right there. Everything is a business, it doesn't mean you should sell you a.ss at the first chance for money if you care the least for your own work. Its called integrity and it pays off in the long run.

This exactly. Blizzard stood to make a TON of money by, as you said, integrity, and making great games that people wanted to buy. The problem is, those are long term gains. Executives don't care about long term gains anymore, they don't care about the company itself, they just care about maximizing short term gains at the expense of everything else, so they can get their golden parachute and leave the next guy to try to do the same thing.

It's the equivalent of destroying the entire company to make an extra 10 cents in the quarter...that 10 cents won't be worth it in the long run but they did actually make that extra 10 cents. They won't be laughing when they release a new game after who knows how long and it sells maybe 1% of what Diablo 3 did. Blizzard is crashing and burning, and they are already past the point of no return. They are going under...at this point it just depends on how long Activision wants to keep the Blizzard name around. It's getting to where the point where "Blizzard" is synomous with "don't care, lazy people who are only in it for the paycheck, who do nothing but insult their customers and release minimal effort microtransaction laden shovelware". So my guess to how long the Blizzard name will stay around is "not long".
This is getting over dramatic really. Those youtubers have to sell ads to you as much as shill media out there, you know? HotS shift was a choice and a good one. I don't effin' care if you down vote. They're still hiring people, that alone shows Blizzard still having a go at it.
<span class="truncated">...</span>
now ur just being funny

I'm being real. People let their emotions override logic and it's only logical for Blizzard to go where the most money is since they're a business.

there's nothing logical about greed. in fact, it is destructive and narrow minded people chase it, and in today's world we glorify greed and maximizing profits as a virtue, when in reality it's harming everyone and everything.

your business can only truly succeed if you balance out profits with ethics and integrity. that's logic, but since you've been brainwashed to think PROFITS PROFITS PROFITS, then yea, you come here spouting this propaganda nonsense.

so go back to your ayn rand book and figure out how to respond to this. we'll wait.

there's nothing logical about greed. in fact, it is destructive and narrow minded people chase it, and in today's world we glorify greed and maximizing profits as a virtue, when in reality it's harming everyone and everything.

your business can only truly succeed if you balance out profits with ethics and integrity. that's logic, but since you've been brainwashed to think PROFITS PROFITS PROFITS, then yea, you come here spouting this propaganda nonsense.

so go back to your ayn rand book and figure out how to respond to this. we'll wait.

You have a point, friend. I'll think on this. I was in error.
F
12/14/2018 11:04 PMPosted by Mercy

f

What games are suffering and in what way ?
12/15/2018 10:18 AMPosted by BaldursGate

You have a point, friend. I'll think on this. I was in error.

Wow! Impressed with this response!
Over dramatic much?

It's a business.

https://i.imgur.com/s3key5a.gif
"It was just... good business..."
12/15/2018 12:21 PMPosted by LucasShark
Over dramatic much?

It's a business.

https://i.imgur.com/s3key5a.gif
"It was just... good business..."

Wow, awesome analogy. That is perfect for Blizzard's situation.
12/15/2018 12:25 AMPosted by Mercy
now ur just being funny

You don’t take 20 plus years of building a loyal paying customer base domestically and throw it all away to chase greasy overseas money. That’s not good business, that’s pure stupidity - and a huge gamble. Bobby and crew have truly lost their minds chasing the all mighty $$$.
12/15/2018 02:10 PMPosted by Extinction

You don’t take 20 plus years of building a loyal paying customer base domestically and throw it all away to chase greasy overseas money. That’s not good business, that’s pure stupidity - and a huge gamble. Bobby and crew have truly lost their minds chasing the all mighty $$$.

Fortunately, it seems that the investors all agree with you. The whole company is crashing and burning, and it's awesome to see. It's well deserved.