Simplest Way to Improve D3? Leaderboard Revision.

General Discussion
To me the leaderboards are messed up if its competitive. Why is a lvl 1k in the same class as a 7k player. Totally unfair. There should be 3 classes of LB 1-2kplayers,3-4kplayers,4-6. Just like powerlifting.
Delete the leaderboards. Fix all the problems that came along with it.
Heck, just delete D3 from your computer. Then you don't have to worry about any of it.
05/16/2019 05:01 AMPosted by D3excess
To me the leaderboards are messed up if its competitive. Why is a lvl 1k in the same class as a 7k player. Totally unfair. There should be 3 classes of LB 1-2kplayers,3-4kplayers,4-6. Just like powerlifting.
Which is why I posted this:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20770707153?page=2#post-28
How do you account for variants? If someone uses one different item or skill, do they get a leader board?
No, of course not.

Look, I'm not interested in diversified leaderboards for some sort of self-glorification or something. Over on the Barb forum, I get a lot of questions about which combinations of items and skills work best for pushing, or for speeds, how higher or lower paragon effects different builds, or how many people are actually using one gearing choice vs another.

It would be a heck of a lot easier for me to answer those questions if I could actually filter the leaderboards to look at all the different clears using a certain set. But, with the system as it is now, if somebody clears 115 using Wrath of the Wastes, and then clears 116 using Immortal King, that 115 clear just disappears forever.

I think part of the problem people are having with this leaderboard idea is that they think it's something like "everybody gets a trophy". But it's not. I just want some way of filtering the info so you can actually look at what people have acheived with certain gear.
The old auction house ended up with a variety of different ways to apply filters to search for different items. I'm really just asking for something similar when it comes to looking at GR clears.