LoN HotA Speed runs

Barbarian
Anyone try to put a LoN HotA Speed set together on PTR

I saw this data posted for WW

Posted by prozealot
OK done testing PTR Barb WW. Results
para 3000: all gear ancient + augment 100 + gems 125.
105-12min (bad map)
100- 8min (good map)
95- 6min average
90- 4min average
85- 3min average rift.
So for me it's the worst scenario possible still WW barb the weakest to speedfarm.

Right now on live, I am running IK HotA with FnR and I get 5 minute clears on GR90, but I only have one speed skill (sprint).

To me it looks like LoN HotA has more opportunity to get speed in without really wasting much damage, anyone give it a try?
You can get a decent speed build.
Not nearly as fast as Monk or dh but it moves plenty fast for a barb build and you actually have to hit a lot of mobs and use the in-geom proc with lots of cdr and wreath.
So many variations of a LoN HotA build depending on your preferences, paragon and skill, etc., so yea it can work pretty good...
IK6HotA will be better then Lon next patch
01/03/2019 11:43 AMPosted by Dmoney
IK6HotA will be better then Lon next patch

Just looking at the multipliers you get 98.5x with LoN HotA 52% DR and with IK HotA with FnR you get 92.5x and 50% DR from TaO. That is pretty close but you don't get to have as much build variety with IK HotA. About the only thing you can do with IK HotA is play with what goes in the cube for armor which I have as Nemesis and mess with one, possibly 2 skills.

LoN HotA you could also wear Illusory boots/Fire Walker, Aquillas/Cinder coat, Swamp Waders, PoC/ Chilanik's, Frostburn/Magefist, Leorics/Andariel Visage and still have all the skills to play with.

IK HotA I think will be better pushing but LoN HotA may be better for speed runs.
Why not just use R6 for speed runs?

R6 is extremely fast and mobile thanks to the ability to Charge so frequently. Charge until you get to an Elite. Pop your cooldowns. Obliterate the sucker. Move on.
01/03/2019 02:58 PMPosted by Jako
Why not just use R6 for speed runs?

R6 is extremely fast and mobile thanks to the ability to Charge so frequently. Charge until you get to an Elite. Pop your cooldowns. Obliterate the sucker. Move on.

I will check it out, never really played with R6 other than one day and I didn't like the wall charging. It may work well for speed runs.
With Ik you can run the amulet and ring and coe
I prefer R6 for speed runs actually. It hits so hard. For lower content you don't have to wait for CoE and wall charge until the RG, if even then.
01/04/2019 04:32 AMPosted by Jako
I prefer R6 for speed runs actually. It hits so hard. For lower content you don't have to wait for CoE and wall charge until the RG, if even then.

Yes. R6 for speedfarm is a joke. Even charge itself kill some mobs
D3: LoN Elemental Frenzy (Cold) T11-T13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRVc7HvQDrI

D3: Hot Magma TX Pure Key Farmer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk3S2Qh9Kt0&t=

I'm sure quite a bit has changed since this but just thought I share some ideas. glhf!
You shared some ideas but shared zero potatoes
With limited potatoes these days I'm not sure I wanna share them with you :p
Wouldn't IK damage be:

4100*1,5*1,5(focus)*1,5(restraint)=13500 or 135x
plus perma berserker that equals perma cc immunity, +10%cc, +25% as, +20%dodge, +20% ms

It seems too much superiority to allow for some LoN fun on Barbarians, don't want to be rude but i am looking at other classes for LoN next season.
01/04/2019 12:35 PMPosted by Egesia
Wouldn't IK damage be:

4100*1,5*1,5(focus)*1,5(restraint)=13500 or 135x
plus perma berserker that equals perma cc immunity, +10%cc, +25% as, +20%dodge, +20% ms

It seems too much superiority to allow for some LoN fun on Barbarians, don't want to be rude but i am looking at other classes for LoN next season.

No offense taken. This is just an idea that may or may not work.

I take it that one of your 1.5x multipliers is for Insanity correct? You can get 100% up time on Insanity of you use the zodiac ring for the LoN build.

Down side to this is you loose BoM but you can get a lot of DR from different things in a LoN build. You start out with 52% DR, then you can have IP with 100% up time, TaO, Aquilas. Any 2 of the 3 and you are pretty close to equal on DR.
01/04/2019 09:42 AMPosted by KingBenjamin
D3: LoN Elemental Frenzy (Cold) T11-T13

The primary skill based builds need equivalent damage modifiers like Gavel and Bracers of the First men to be even close to what LoN HotA currently does.
Oathkeeper to 800% damage and Lacuni's to 500% damage from primary skills to mobs within x yds..
Currently no primary skill builds perform, other than a really good thornzy, like they could with some adjustments to items and/or skills-runes....
Using LoN for speed runs with Barb is likely a waste of time. All of our sets will do it faster and hit harder.

Want maximum speed? R6 HOTA as per the stickied guide. The speed-farm variant is neck and neck with Wave of Light Monk. Or Vile Charge. Or Fire EQ with In-geom in the Cube. All are better choices than LoN.
01/04/2019 04:32 AMPosted by Jako

Ran around 10 GR90 with R6 using FnR and my clear times are avg 7 mins as opposed 5 mins for IK HotA. I think the main issue is not so much the movement but I kill less trash because I am saving charges for when I find an elite. If density is good, I take it out but in general it is mainly elite killing.

I think if I was trying to do speed 100's maybe R6 would be better because it has a higher multiplier. I will test again at GR100 in a few days. I expect more of a drop off on IK HotA than I would with R6 HotA.
can someone link lon hota build for GRs im mostly interested in item set up.
And btw how high do you guys think lon hota will go in next patch? are we talking 100+ maybe?
01/04/2019 10:27 PMPosted by Thanagor
can someone link lon hota build for GRs im mostly interested in item set up.
And btw how high do you guys think lon hota will go in next patch? are we talking 100+ maybe?

Here are some builds that I was playing with on the planner.

https://www.d3planner.com/499181422

Clearing 100 should be really easy. Right now I can clear GR93 on live with just half a day of playing around with the build and 16k strength. Augmenting gear I should be around 22k. Lots of weapon combos to try, Pig sticker, Sankis, Sunkeeper and even Relentless just to name a few. Not sure what is going to work out best.

Personally I think there is more dps in LoN HotA than there is on IK HotA pre patch. I am thinking I can clear 110 after the patch drops, we will see.
01/04/2019 06:54 PMPosted by Felix
Ran around 10 GR90 with R6 using FnR and my clear times are avg 7 mins as opposed 5 mins for IK HotA. I think the main issue is not so much the movement but I kill less trash because I am saving charges for when I find an elite.

No.

R6 HOTA blows IK HOTA out of the water at T13 much less GR 90. You're simply not committing to the build as it is properly played (and 4k difference in main stat). Forget trash and such. Nuke elites and large globs of density, then take a Fire cycle or two to nuke the RG. Speed, speed, speed.

01/04/2019 10:46 PMPosted by Felix
Personally I think there is more dps in LoN HotA than there is on IK HotA pre patch. I am thinking I can clear 110 after the patch drops, we will see.

Holy !@#$, here we go again. IK Truthing in reverse.