How are your LoN builds doing?

General Discussion
Doing incredible! My SelfSufficientSingularity build is amazing now, as I always knew it would be. I did one GR so far at level 90 and got 400 on the Necro leaderboard, with tons of time to spare! (took 3.5 min @ GR90, no deaths) I plan on pushing soon, and once I get better than level 60 gem caldesaan on my gear, maybe some more paragon, and try more than one GR, wouldn't surprise me to see this build take the top spot!

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/SuperCuddles-11193/hero/90285045

https://www.diablofans.com/builds/99605-lon-sssingularity

In the process of testing out all 30+ of my other LoN builds, gonna take awhile though!
01/16/2019 05:45 PMPosted by Steve
LoN Sacrifice is T13 4 man viable.

Oh ya, for sure! Here's my version

https://www.diablofans.com/builds/101209-my-fetish-bogadile-reaper-sacrifice

It's really awesome! I think it can go GR80+ too, actually, not just T13! I'll report back once I test it out.
01/17/2019 01:32 AMPosted by HunterKiller

The damage output is impressive, but the build is seriously hampered by its toughness.

By up to 113 I mean I stopped there because I have a lot of other builds I wanted to test, it doen't mean the limit is only 113.

Frankly given the damage bump, the damage reduction should be buffed accordingly as well, to 6% per ancient (for max 78%).

Which is what exactly the problem I said would happen in the other thread. And they won't buff it's damage reduction. 50% is pretty much par for every other set. Crusader LoN suffers because one of of major damage reductions is tied into the ring slot. And that every truly successful build, other than invoker, revolves around keeping AC up 100% of the time.
01/17/2019 11:23 AMPosted by Sparhawk
Which is what exactly the problem I said would happen in the other thread. And they won't buff it's damage reduction. 50% is pretty much par for every other set. Crusader LoN suffers because one of of major damage reductions is tied into the ring slot. And that every truly successful build, other than invoker, revolves around keeping AC up 100% of the time.

Hey I mean I dunno I did GR90 in about 4 minutes with LoN blessed shield crusader don't think I had any deaths at all. You get the Aquila, Helm of Rule, +Hellfire passive (Hold Your Ground) and Lantern in the cube works fine, I think I have 72% base block rate? Anyway, survivability is really not an issue, except maybe at the really truly highest GR, in which case only more paragon and gem and caldesaan levels will propel you higher.
Sadly the Demon Hunter has no real viable LoD builds for T13 farming and we're stuck with the 3 main builds, EU, Impale, and N6M4. Sure you can try the Strafe build but even maxed out and augmented with Level 100+ gems it still pales in comparison to the power and speed of EU Multishot. I don't think anyone is going to waste arguments on a strafe build, not to mention farm/craft ancients for it.
LON Spirit Barage(great damage and super tanky) and LON fire Condemn(Super squishy, but damage is there) seem like the strongest.

Ive yet to see anyone push with LON Bomb sader or LON FOK DH, both were top LON builds back in the day.
01/17/2019 11:42 AMPosted by SuperCuddles
Hey I mean I dunno I did GR90 in about 4 minutes with LoN blessed shield crusader don't think I had any deaths at all.

When you kill things so fast that you can clear a rift in 4 min, you obviously don't get hit much, and it's not like GR90 monsters hit hard.

Helm of Rule

You want helm with Strength, CHC and Blessed Shield skill bonus, because these three stats increase all Blessed Shield damage done (direct hits, bounces and secondary effects like Combust's explosion). Block chance doesn't increase secondary effect damage.

Lantern in the cube works fine

Don't use Justice Lantern in cube when you play solo. its only usefulness is the extra block chance it rolls when you actually equip it because it provides much less damage reduction than Unity. Your 72% block chance only gets you 39.6% damage reduction from Justice Lantern.
When you kill things so fast that you can clear a rift in 4 min, you obviously don't get hit much, and it's not like GR90 monsters hit hard.

I mean I wasn't dodging everything + there were spear chuckers and my health never really moved, so I dunno...

You want helm with Strength, CHC and Blessed Shield skill bonus, because these three stats increase all Blessed Shield damage done (direct hits, bounces and secondary effects like Combust's explosion). Block chance doesn't increase secondary effect damage.

Okay, then use Leorics or Andys. Is 50%/500% not enough? That's what I got with the HoR, I figured it was plenty.

01/17/2019 01:42 PMPosted by HunterKiller
Don't use Justice Lantern in cube when you play solo. its only usefulness is the extra block chance it rolls when you actually equip it because it provides much less damage reduction than Unity. Your 72% block chance only gets you 39.6% damage reduction from Justice Lantern.

Exactly, normally I use CoE but was messin with this more Block chance based, Obviously Unity for solo is the best. Which means it's even tankier than I've reported, lol. Nice!
So far so good, not quite at 70 yet (but pre-patch was having T13 issues) and gradually refining the build and gear as I test at higher and higher levels.

I'm doing an Arcane Disintegrate/Arcane Orb build. Still need Moonlight Ward, Illusory Boots and Achew's Gage (and a lot of my items don't have the best stats/affixes), but I'm having a lot of fun and looking forward to pushing further.

Also planning to try out Cold and Lightning variations in the future.
A lot better than pre-patch. Could only do 95-97ish solo wiz before, can now do 110. DPS remains the main issue for me. :)
01/17/2019 02:07 PMPosted by SuperCuddles

I mean I wasn't dodging everything + there were spear chuckers and my health never really moved, so I dunno...

So you're doing a below average GR. Monsters won't give you much trouble at that level. If you want to make claims at how great it is then you need to push as high as possible.

Exactly, normally I use CoE but was messin with this more Block chance based, Obviously Unity for solo is the best. Which means it's even tankier than I've reported, lol. Nice!

The problem is crusader can't use both CoE and unity with LoN. You have to choose. Other classes don't have this problem as they have extra damage reduction on another piece of armor like bracers. Letting them use/cube it and still take CoE or whatever their best multiplier is.

Get to the GR that other sets are pushing and then you can see if LoN actually holds up.
Can do GR100 easily enough with Fire LON Condemn - averaging 4-5 min. Best time was around 3:30 but died a few times on the boss (probably need to replace a passive with indestructible).

It doesn't use obsidian ring as I can't be bothered managing cooldowns, has just enough CDR for perma unstoppable force so I can just spam all the skills and sleepwalk my way through the GR (krelm belt in cube for some extra move speed).
01/17/2019 07:30 PMPosted by Sparhawk
So you're doing a below average GR. Monsters won't give you much trouble at that level. If you want to make claims at how great it is then you need to push as high as possible.

You're right bro.

01/17/2019 07:30 PMPosted by Sparhawk
The problem is crusader can't use both CoE and unity with LoN. You have to choose. Other classes don't have this problem as they have extra damage reduction on another piece of armor like bracers. Letting them use/cube it and still take CoE or whatever their best multiplier is.

Thanks for the advice!
Sacrifice is pretty cool for T13 4 man. Can sometimes one shot but other times, 2 hits per elite. I might just be screwing up my haunts though. Might need some more toughness for GR pushing.

Every other LoN build I can think of would be better off with a different set.

https://www.diablofans.com/builds/101786-2-6-4-witch-doctor-sacrifice-lon-build-season-16
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/nslay-1677/hero/71184855

Uhh, err... Should be Molten Impact and using Mantle of Channeling. This is setup for bounties/normal rift farming.

Here's a D3 planner I made for it a while back:
https://ptr.d3planner.com/448072012

Note the paragon 3500 which was used to compare with someone else's D3 planner build where they arbitrarily used paragon 3500!

Anyway:
Before patch 2.6.4: GR 96
During 2.6.4 PTR: GR 106
Expected 2.6.4 Live: GR ~108
How is LoN bomb sader doing? I was gonna try to push with that this season to see how well i can do. I enjoy thorns builds so stoked to give a shot at the leaderboards.
01/17/2019 10:18 PMPosted by quick5ilver
How is LoN bomb sader doing? I was gonna try to push with that this season to see how well i can do. I enjoy thorns builds so stoked to give a shot at the leaderboards.

It was capable of clearing low GR100, now it can go GR110+ but depending on your paragon and gear level you may find it hard to stay alive.

If you want to play thorns based build, Invoker is definitely much stronger.
01/17/2019 10:59 PMPosted by HunterKiller
01/17/2019 10:18 PMPosted by quick5ilver

It was capable of clearing low GR100, now it can go GR110+ but depending on your paragon and gear level you may find it hard to stay alive.

If you want to play thorns based build, Invoker is definitely much stronger.

Thanks hunter.
Exactly as expected. AMAZING, LoN Archon SP. Pure sexiness
I hope this topic is read by Blizzard so they understand how important it is to keep up the lon power.