New Season Gambling -

Monk
After completing the challenge rift, do you think it would be worth it to save the shards until 31 and attempt to gamble for a Flow of Eternity(1 in 8 chance for 2 handers) to make the GR20 easier, or to just gamble for bracers/boots that type of thing?

What do you all gamble for as a monk generally?
I gamble straight away to get Crudest Boot, Rivera Boots, Gungdo Gear, Pinto Pride or Ceasar Memento
If you want High Risk / High Reward you can gamble two-handed weapons in hope for a Balance at level 1. Personally I would take homerjnick's advice and roll boots and bracers. Gungdo Gear will make the 1 to 70 process MUCH easier once EP opens up on your skill bar at level 13. Rivera Dancers are your next biggest DPS boost since VCK is your bread and butter monk leveling skill and with the boots, it can reliably pop EP on targets to spread to others.

Gambling shards at level 31 is even worse then at level 1. The drop pool for two-handed weapons includes two-handed swords, two-handed axes, two-handed maces, staves and daibos. It is far from a 1 in 8 chance (there may only be 8 legendary two-handers in the pool at 31 but there are PLENTY of yellow and blue two-handed in that drop pool).
If speed matters, id go for bracers at lvl 1. They are all related to directly increase your dps.

Whilst at boots you can get bad luck and just get crudest boots which dont significantly increase your dps.

if you have the first dps increasing bracer, then it makes sense to go for boots after.

Another method would be the seasonstart with custerians... But, that is somewhat tricky and you should see a guide before doing that anyways.
1-handed weapons or gloves.
Rivera Dancers and Gungdo Gear are the best. Rivera are a safer choice, but since the starter set is Uliana, I'd go for Gungdo.
01/14/2019 04:10 AMPosted by DreikViharev
1-handed weapons or gloves.

Unfortunately, that would be a horrible plan. No legendary gloves are in the level 1 to 16 range which is what a level 1 character can gamble on and the only one handed legendary weapons are Wildwood (no), Monster Hunter (no), Odyn Son (meh), Genzaniku (meh), Fleshrake (only usable with Raiment 4 bonus) and Crystal Fist (meh without Raiment 4 or lots of CDR). Plus with 475 Blood Shards you get 5 shots at a weapon with a drop pool including yellow and blue axes, swords, maces and fist weapons. You have 19 chances when gambling for armor slots like bracers and boots.
01/08/2019 02:40 PMPosted by Kidyen

I just answered this quastion.
Khord do y provoke a conflict disliking and criticizing me?
01/14/2019 05:31 AMPosted by DreikViharev

I just answered this quastion.
Khord do y provoke a conflict disliking and criticizing me?

I didn't intend to provoke a conflict or to criticize you personally. I was pointing out that a level 1 monk has ZERO useful legendary gloves to spend Blood Shards on and with 475 Blood Shards you have 5 chances to gamble for a chance at a very unspectacular one handed weapon for leveling to 70. Gambling weapons with the Challenge Rift cache is extremely risky which I stated in my earlier post. If someone was to take the risk and gamble 2 handed weapons and get a Balance and cube it immediately (you'd have enough DB's after raising your artisans to max level to extract 1 legendary power) then your Tempest Rush would likely let you level to 70 on T1 or T2 with ease (at least on Softcore).
After completing the challenge rift, do you think it would be worth it to save the shards until 31 and attempt to gamble for a Flow of Eternity(1 in 8 chance for 2 handers) to make the GR20 easier, or to just gamble for bracers/boots that type of thing?

No, chances are way too low. Don't wanna do the math but you will most likely waste them for nothing.

Boots and bracers are great for leveling, as mentioned. After that I'd save the shards so you are full at lvl 70 and can gamble pants and hopefully get Ulianas. That + 1st gift + RORG buff means you can get the big buff to SSS very soon which helps you to get the 2nd gift and also go to higher torments to farm more DBs.

You should upgrade rare daibos once you have enough DBs to hopefully get the Flow of Eternity ASAP (1 out of 8 chance so you need 200 DBs on average).
So out of curiosity, how many will do the challenge rift and gamble brackets or boots at level 1?
Run a couple of GR80+. Leave game and make a level 1 monk. Gamble shards with level 1 monk. Rinse and repeat. How often do you think you can get the items you plan to start out with comes out?
01/18/2019 10:06 AMPosted by Jekyll
So out of curiosity, how many will do the challenge rift and gamble brackets or boots at level 1?

Since the Challenge Rift is a WoL build this week, it's an easy start to the season. Hopefully I can get the boots and bracers quickly and have some shards left over. Any extra should be saved for level 70 to gamble on pants. Getting Uliana pants will push you to Uliana 4 and Uliana 6 ahead of the typical season journey progress from the free RoRG buff.