Was I robbed?

General Discussion
So apprently in this patch after completing a GR70 you are guranteed a Primal. Just finished this on my season character and they gave me a primal set piece for another class...despite saying this in the patch notes:

Finally, we want to make sure everyone is clear when they can start collecting Primal Legendaries; upon completing your first Greater Rift 70 or higher Solo, you’ll receive an achievement indicating your accomplishment and the Greater Rift boss will be guaranteed to drop a Primal Legendary. This drop is subject to all other loot rules—meaning while there’s a large chance it will be suited for your class,

Is my luck really that bad?
You were not robbed.
The patch guarantees that you get a primal, not that it'll be useful.
unfortunately yes
Full quote. You seem to have left off the important part.

This drop is subject to all other loot rules—meaning while there’s a large chance it will be suited for your class, randomness does play a factor.

01/19/2019 04:19 PMPosted by itzLCD
Is my luck really that bad?

Unfortunately, yes.

Smart Loot gives you an 85% chance of getting something tailored for your class. You still have a chance of getting something else to use on a diff char though.

Sorry to hear that the RNG gods were not with you today.
At least it wasnt another Blackthorns.
Unlucky :(
Unlucky here too

Custerian Wristguards

Primary
+ 130 Resistance to All Elements
Regenerates 10,000 Life per Second
Critical Hit Chance increased by 6%
+ 11,975 Life per Hit
Secondary
35% Extra Gold from Monsters
Picking up gold grants experience
I'm one piece off from having full primal blackthornes! You know what I'm hoping for!
01/19/2019 04:25 PMPosted by Shogun

They need to delete that set already....
if you want to see true robbery, go take a look at Ashley judd before and after going under the knife....that's robbery
That primal is a way to get you free 15 souls on gr70 clear.

Of course only few will get the one thats useful.

BTW, I got Broken Promise ring , so good 15 souls w/o much work.

Much Ado About Nothing

Got to para 650+ last nite and got lucky for 6 primals, not 1 that I can use, even tho with Witching Hour sounds like a deal, but when it rolled 7AS+Armor+50cd+ focus dmg skill for DH, its just sitting in the stash to gimme more souls...
01/19/2019 06:01 PMPosted by Masq
01/19/2019 04:25 PMPosted by Shogun

They need to delete that set already....

Yeah, just make the game more casual.

You just want to get what you want, fk RNG. This is an ARPG, i WANT what i WANT TO GET BOYZ.

Just delete all sets that doesnt belong to our lovely champions!

Is this Diablo 2 or what? UH?! What Blizzard were thinking making more sets besides those of the meta?!?! PF, ridiculous.
incoming hate for the above post, i will give you one like
I play monk and got a primal Ring of Emptiness for WD on hitting GR70. Will leave it at that.
Why are you complaining? You got the guaranteed primal for completing gr70 for the first time as stated. There was no promise it would be for the class you are using at the moment.

The fact it is for another class should be seen as incentive to try another class and/or build. That is how it typically goes in any other arpg when something awesome drops. Why this is seen as a bad thing in D3 is mystery to me.
My was an Amy, not for my class, but at least I can use it in a LoN build.
01/20/2019 03:33 AMPosted by Sirushimo
Yeah, just make the game more casual.

You just want to get what you want, fk RNG. This is an ARPG, i WANT what i WANT TO GET BOYZ.

Yup... because a set that has literally no use should linger in a game where we already have multiple sets for multiple classes. There's already enough rng in this game to justify the removal of this atrocious worthless set. Nothing like doing a run and getting a set item to drop only to see its blackthorns, even worse when u get 2 of the same blackthorns pieces from the same boss kill...

P.S I don't know why you threw the word casual in there, not sure you know what it means. But hey if you love it so much, you can throw it on and destroy lvl 100+ GR pro (though you can't even keep hardcore chars alive so....)
My Primal from the 70 Grift was a Cindercoat, sockets, dex, vit. Rolled the secondary to Pick-up radius to make it better than the primal I have in my non-season stash.

Hoping to use it to make a LoN Multi-shot but I'm having a problem finding the rings.

At any rate, it felt awesome that RNG was with me. Not bragging, I just got lucky.
This RNG is a real, real peace of !@#$.

My wife don't have necro in her account, and she drop ALOT of necro items.
In my opinion, this RNG is %^-* or it's a pay2win game cuz she have to pay (buy necro) to use the necro items she loot.