Please Add a Monthly Fee to Diablo 3

General Discussion
01/14/2019 03:43 PMPosted by phil
1,5,10 a month how much a month you willing to spend?

0 as that is not the model that is normal for Diablo Games.
For WoW I gladly pay $15 a month as that game is designed that way. Diablo games are not.
$10/year.
01/14/2019 03:54 PMPosted by Arkayelos
$10/year.

if it's a DLC with new class like the necro was etc.
Ah I see the Collector of Down Votes Strikes again!
Let’s think about wow and it’s monthly subscription. Ask wow fans if the game has improved over the years. Seems to me you would get the same response as diablo fans. Disappointment. So subscription wouldn’t fund the improvement of a game.

If they can pay a CFO 10 to 15 million dollars to take over... they can afford to fix their games if they would allocate the money in the proper places. Game development.
01/14/2019 02:21 PMPosted by Phase
It's clear what the problem is. People want a new PC Diablo, but Blizzard-Activision see no financial benefits of doing so when it is

1) Much cheaper to create a mobile game using outsourced labor.
2) Easier to monetize and therefore more profitable.

If we show Blizzard that the PC games market is still profitable then maybe they will consider gracing us with another PC Diablo.

With this, I request Blizzard add a 10$/month fee to give people the privilege to play this wonderful game.

Go playing Diablo Imortal so you donate 500 bucks for one item +10. But for item +15 you have donate thousands time more.
01/14/2019 02:21 PMPosted by Phase
It's clear what the problem is. People want a new PC Diablo, but Blizzard-Activision see no financial benefits of doing so when it is

1) Much cheaper to create a mobile game using outsourced labor.
2) Easier to monetize and therefore more profitable.

If we show Blizzard that the PC games market is still profitable then maybe they will consider gracing us with another PC Diablo.

With this, I request Blizzard add a 10$/month fee to give people the privilege to play this wonderful game.

First of all, they've made millions (many) with D3, like many other game publishers with games with no monthly fees.

Second of all, please, stop posting. Your post is irrelevant, uneducated and I can't imagine there was any serious thinking behind it.

If anything, they should sell cosmetic stuff or other content like they do in SC2 with the commanders for Coop.

If they introduce a monthly fee ON TOP of not providing any feedback to the community and concentrating on mobile instead of PC, they will just kill the game. For good.

I don't know why I felt like posting this would amount to anything, clearly if you actually believe what you wrote is a good idea, there's probably not much help in me trying to reason with you.

Good luck.
This is why I will never play WoW. I do not play games that require subscription. I do not play games that have pay to win models.

Cosmetics that you can buy? Fine. Up front fee to buy the game? Fine. Loot boxes that again don't affect the ability to win or drop things such as cosmetics? Fine.

I like how people think that the only way to "fix" D3 is to throw money at it.

Uh, show me they are going to fix it, and then maybe I would. But it sure as hell won't be a monthly/yearly subscription.

I have bought/spent hundreds, if not a few thousand with Blizzard over the past couple decades. Between games, in-game content, real world loot, Blizzcon, you name it.

D3 alone I have bought 4 complete copies of the game (2 I have given to family members), 2 copies of OW for me, Hearthstone card packs, Overwatch loot boxes every single event, SC2 game, lord knows what else.

You want change, you vote with your wallet, not mine. Wanting to go to a sub model when I'm betting (and I'm totally pulling this out of my !@#$), that probably 85%+ of us will not want it is a totally ridiculous idea.

Thanks, but no thanks. I will stick with and prefer the pay model how it is.

Game on.
01/14/2019 04:20 PMPosted by DTMAce
You want change, you vote with your wallet, not mine. Wanting to go to a sub model when I'm betting (and I'm totally pulling this out of my !@#$), that probably 85%+ of us will not want it is a totally ridiculous idea.
This right here...
I played wow, as a free sub that they used to promote the game. Giving the month I played it, I didnt get too far compared to others, but still far enough and really enjoyed the game. If it came out like Diablo, 1 time pay and done, Id be all up in that game for hours on end months at a time.... But the sub... Hell no...

I will not sub to any game ever, MTX fine for cosmetics. This is where PoE has it right. The game transactions do not enhance the players toughness nor grant extra xp. It is simply cosmetic changes. Maybe a few$ for extra stash space... Even with 20 will get you all you could ever need and that is if you hoard things.
20$ for a free to play game that is diablo like game play, I cant argue with that at all. If it came with a sub... I would never touch it.
It's long since time to walk away from this company. I uninstalled everything (including the battle.net launcher), all games, everything, for #diablout and never came back. At that time, a part of me hoped Blizzard would still turn things around. But it would take a massive apology (moreso than what happened after the Real ID fiasco in 2010), and a massive paradigm shift in the company, to bring me back now. It's not going to happen.

Anyone that things that Blizzard will start making great games again if you give them money...I've got a bridge to sell you if you believe it. The Blizzard brand is worthless now, they managed to completely tank it in about 6 months. They are now known for cost cutting, and releasing minimal effort shovelware filled with microtransactions and gambling. WOW is the lowest it's ever been, people are walking away from their games in huge numbers. There are only 2 million active characters (that's characters, not accounts - that includes alts) across all regions in WOW now. HOTS is dead...they're looking to kill Hearthstone. WOW will be the next after that. I will be genuinely surprised if they announce another WOW expansion. If they do the next one will certainly be the last. I'm fully expecting the company to shut down within 2 years. There will be a press release, stating that Blizzard is being closed, and "employees are being moved to new teams in the organization" or something like that. The Blizzard brand is so toxic now that this will happen sooner or later.
01/14/2019 04:48 PMPosted by Stormspark
It's long since time to walk away from this company

The glory days of Blizzard are definitely behind them. Instead of being the 'best' developer in the world now they are just part of the pack. Thats how it is.

If they release a decent game even half as good as what they used to in their prime it'll still be worth it. We just need to face the reality that its no longer a guarantee.
In the immortal words of Doctor Evil: "How 'bout NO!"
My, my, my, where do you come up such wonderful ideas? Sorry homey, but NO Freaking Way! I don't post a lot but when I do I think something is really off the wall. Why give more to the company who most obviously don't give a crap about what it takes to keep the community engaged and intrigued about the next phase?
Honestly,

if it means constant new content, updates and a actual customer service. I wouldn't mind. That being said, too hard to add that kind of financial model this far into the game.

For d4, yah I would be more than willing to pay. But a monthly subscription should guarantee actual service, constant communication from the CM's with the community, monthly events otherwise it would be pointless.
after they said !@#$ you Diablo Pc player in blizzon, you still want to give money to those greedy bastard?? how stupid can u be?
Why stop at a monthly fee? Charge per mouse click. Better yet have someone sit behind me and randomly pinch me. Charge me for that too. Would be so immersive.
Dear blizzard, please add a monthly fee to Phase and keep it free to everyone else.
Someone hunting for downvotes I see. What about a cashshop for cosmetics?
The need for a monthly fee is a thing of the past. The largest cost involved is the actual development of the content. Which as long as a title is successful the initial cost of each release pays for that and profits the company. There are far too many living examples of this in the MMO market to warrant citing. And D3 isn't really MMO but does live on a server that a lot of people connect to daily to play. In fact we can even look historically at all the online coop RPGs that have been very successful and long lived. A good example is Neverwinter Nights with almost 20 years going.
Stop paying your cfos millons and you can make great games.
You sold 30 million copies of D3. 50$per copy that's 1.500.000.000. Witcher 3 cost of making 50 mill.

They could have made 10 games as big as witcher 3, which is huge, and still have a BILLION $ of profit!!!!!

Diablo3 content compared to witcher is LAUGHABLE. So is graphics and mechanics and story too.

If you think games need subscription you are special kind of stupid.

Stop giving money to companies like this. It's a cashgrab nothing more or less.

They have funds and plenty of them!!!!!