Discouraged to play....

General Discussion
Can't get into it anymore but iv been trying too i really have.
the games too sped up everythings go go go
group rift key farm is who can one shot and move the fastest and if i stop to pick stuff up they close the rift sometimes missing the RG so never get enough mats either.

and trying to find a GR groups aint no fun either its all ''lol wheres all ur ancient gear'' or ''gems arnt 100 sorry'' like its only been a few days jeez im sorry i diddnt stay up 2-3 days in a row or use 3rd party softwere to play for me

just need too let this out. still gonna try to have fun with the season but my luck this times been the worst

and yea i know just play solo or find a clan it just feels almost pointless to even try too keep up. you can prolly tell im burnt out but iv been burnt out many seasons ago so idk if i can enjoy the game anymore....
Just play reg rifts in public games (easy way to get mats also), get ancient gear that way... level gems with friends
You can also try sending out a message in general asking of there's any active casual Clans that'll help you out. However, if you're feeling burnt out, set the game aside for a bit longer and focus on something else until you feel ready to jump back in. You've got this.
OP, I feel your pain, it's all about speed anymore. It's like washing the dishes over and over, and over. The only difference is how much faster can you do it. If you are not part of the most holy meta (the true god in Diablo), you are viewed as a cast off.
If clan or solo is not your thing try some communities there is a bunch out there, that way it is at your pace and not others. Both LiL and Shanty gave you good advice. GL
I’m sure you can find public greater rifts where the other players are not way above or ahead of you. If anything try to lower difficulty to T10 and see what games you can find.
Public groups where you do not know anyone, is not the place to look for slow, casual, how's you're day been game play.

I, and most others that jump in random pub groups, are there to get what we need and rinse an repeat. If I am farming 50 greater rifts keys, I don't want to have slow way down so someone can look over everything that drops. If I am farming mats for the cube, I expect the other players to be able to do their own acts so it doesn't take 3 days to have enough to re forge several times.

The developers have turned this game into a speed fest. Am I fan of it? Not at all. However, I have to expect to move fast in public groups.

Avalon, it's not about some meta. It's about how the game was developed. We are shoehorned into an endless repetitive loop of farming mats and keys. I fully expect this to get even worse as time goes on. Many of the acheivments also revolve on how fast you can play.

Join a community if you want slower game play. Otherwise, expect players to run right past you to get the mandatory keys needed to level their gems that are required to progress in the game to get better gear.
01/22/2019 03:32 PMPosted by Reptonix
group rift key farm is who can one shot and move the fastest and if i stop to pick stuff up they close the rift sometimes missing the RG so never get enough mats either.

and trying to find a GR groups aint no fun either its all ''lol wheres all ur ancient gear'' or ''gems arnt 100 sorry'' like its only been a few days jeez im sorry i diddnt stay up 2-3 days in a row or use 3rd party softwere to play for me

just need too let this out. still gonna try to have fun with the season but my luck this times been the worst

and yea i know just play solo or find a clan it just feels almost pointless to even try too keep up. you can prolly tell im burnt out but iv been burnt out many seasons ago so idk if i can enjoy the game anymore....

Keep up with what? Lbs? Ignore them then. I do. If a public group has a problem with my speed I'll just go play solo for a while. Just don't worry about "keeping up".

Sorry to hear you are getting burnt out. Maybe you just need a break from the game. It happens.
Bottom line is, if you're not having fun, find something else to do. It's just a game, I've quit for a season, two seasons, etc. and came back when I thought it would be fun. Pretty much any game with progression, skins, levels, gear drops, etc. can suck you in (and many are designed to) to the point where you don't want to quit because you're worried about losing the time you invested or the progress you made. The reality of it is, in 1, 5, 10, etc years the game will be long gone and you'll be doing something else. The wasted time won't be catching up, it will be the time you spent not having fun (or not doing other things, hitting the gym, learning a new skill, etc).

In short, don't force yourself to play if you're not feeling it, there's a gazillion games out there to play, and a lot of other things as well. D3 is especially good for being able to come back to, because of seasons. Skip this one and come back next, if you feel like it.
Play HC and make a few friends in that mode. I find the HC community to be much more friendly.

Stop playing. I am serious. Stop for 6 months to a year. Play other. ARPG's. I was playing Grim Dawn, it's pretty good tbh. Lacks the polish that D3 has.

Anyways go on hiatus. What is that saying again? Absence makes the heart grow fonder?

Then common back and play the most foreign build you can, or play whatever is fun for you.

Because it's hard to force "fun" on people/yourself.
01/23/2019 07:28 AMPosted by DonMartin
Play HC and make a few friends in that mode. I find the HC community to be much more friendly.

This advice has to be taken with a grain of salt. Play HC only if you're OK with starting over regularly. I have had at least 2 hard lags a day this last week and in all cases the game has brought me back to a dead character. Personally there is no chance I could handle dying all the time to an issue that is not my fault.
01/23/2019 08:16 AMPosted by evok
01/23/2019 07:28 AMPosted by DonMartin

This advice has to be taken with a grain of salt. Play HC only if you're OK with starting over regularly. I have had at least 2 hard lags a day this last week and in all cases the game has brought me back to a dead character. Personally there is no chance I could handle dying all the time to an issue that is not my fault.

Point taken, and I agree. I had a d.c. death on Sunday, and it hurt.
I do feel your pain - it is frustrating when you jump into a rift only to see everyone disappear into the distance. I haven’t had much time to play this season and haven’t been very lucky with gear so I’m not even at 400 para. I can easily one-shoot most things that come my way in T13 rifts, but I don’t have a decent speedfarming gear set up yet and my HoTA barb just can’t keep up in terms of speed. And to make things worse, with not enough things to kill, my Wrath of the Berserker doesn’t get enough CDR.
Anyway, my point is, I know the feeling of running behind everyone else, barely being able to pick up mats and loot before the rift is done, and hardly getting a kill or two (in particular on the sewer or Corvus type tile sets). It sucks. It really takes the joy out of playing the game. It makes you feel useless because you are, in fact, leaching.

On the other hand, you have to understand that people mostly play rifts to get GR keys, the same way that they do Bounties to get mats. They want to get it over with as quickly and efficiently as possible, so they are not going to slow down just so that the slower among us could feel better about ourselves. It’s understandable. It’s not their problem that I don’t have good speed-farming gear so why should they waste their time because of me?
To be fair, I’ve never had anyone complain about me leaching in a situation like this, but I did leave a group a couple of times if people were just too fast for me. If you don’t like the speed of a particular group, I’d suggest that you do the same and, most of the time, you should be able to find a group that runs at a speed that suits you better.
01/23/2019 08:42 AMPosted by Pja
I do feel your pain - it is frustrating when you jump into a rift only to see everyone disappear into the distance. I haven’t had much time to play this season and haven’t been very lucky with gear so I’m not even at 400 para. I can easily one-shoot most things that come my way in T13 rifts, but I don’t have a decent speedfarming gear set up yet and my HoTA barb just can’t keep up in terms of speed. And to make things worse, with not enough things to kill, my Wrath of the Berserker doesn’t get enough CDR.
Anyway, my point is, I know the feeling of running behind everyone else, barely being able to pick up mats and loot before the rift is done, and hardly getting a kill or two (in particular on the sewer or Corvus type tile sets). It sucks. It really takes the joy out of playing the game. It makes you feel useless because you are, in fact, leaching.

On the other hand, you have to understand that people mostly play rifts to get GR keys, the same way that they do Bounties to get mats. They want to get it over with as quickly and efficiently as possible, so they are not going to slow down just so that the slower among us could feel better about ourselves. It’s understandable. It’s not their problem that I don’t have good speed-farming gear so why should they waste their time because of me?
To be fair, I’ve never had anyone complain about me leaching in a situation like this, but I did leave a group a couple of times if people were just too fast for me. If you don’t like the speed of a particular group, I’d suggest that you do the same and, most of the time, you should be able to find a group that runs at a speed that suits you better.

I wonder how people would react if you were to say. " I am sorry guys my gear is not up to your standards, I won't be able to keep up, I will only slow you down.

All I know is if I was the recipient of that statement I would say NP don't worry about it we have all been there. Tag along for the ride if you want.

This is why you stay in school ladies and gentlemen.
I feel your pain. I only unlock the free set (PC and console) and then I'm usually done. Sometimes, if I happen to have some luck with drops or find a new build to try, I'll keep playing for a bit longer.

I've only been able to bother with unlocking a single stash tab, and that was with the help of some friends I met online. I but don't play enough (or actually feel like I can contribute enough) to keep asking them for help.

The game is stale for me and I just go through the motions to get the cosmetics. I'm not even sure if new class could hold my interest for long.

2-3 days in a row? I play a couple hours a day and I am fine. Learn how to use the cube to upgrade your items to Ancient. Maybe if you learned to move your lazy toon and kill stuff faster you would have ancients and level 100 gems. Go play solo and stay small kid.
Well this is what happens when you give sets 2-8x power jumps that were already speedy for torment farming in the first place, but were not GR meta sets. Torment rebalance or at least the infamously hated "T15" suggestion should have happened with this patch, hopefully something happens next patch with it before they decide to give even more power.

Unfortunately in T13 there's absolutely no reason to stick together, you're wasting time. What are you by your ally for? To cheer them blowing up something in less than a second? We're so powerful now that splitting up and clearing the rift is the most efficient, but I think you exaggerate a tad OP. Every single pub group is not like this. This maybe happens half the time, which is a problem within itself but not all the time.

Now for your GR rant, this certainly isn't even happening half the time. Look just because it happens once or twice don't be quick to say zomg all of em are like this I quit! If I were to give a random internet stat I'd say 1 in 6 times this will happen.

Stop exaggerating to make your point, it's not necessary, we know it happens and it doesn't happen every single time.
Join a clan of like minded individuals easily the best way to play the game. Or play HC it's same but.... obviously slower paced for a lot of players. Plus most HC clans super cool.... at least all that I've been in. Obviously I am sure there are great SC clans as well.

But clans are super important in this game. I always said I would never join one then started playing HC with some friends and randomly joined a clan. Helped soooooo much plus met a lot of great people and group with people all the time makes the game more fun and easier to find groups. F pubic games honestly can't even imagine doing public GRs (granted I play HC and don't trust randos lol).