Red light on ancients

General Discussion
Dumb question, but when an ancient item drop in my game, the red light is not showing, only the dark orange light that is common to unique items. Was that PTR feature removed or is there some kind of bug in the game?
01/28/2019 04:28 PMPosted by DarkSpell
Dumb question, but when an ancient item drop in my game, the red light is not showing

• Primal Legendaries are now marked by a red beam when they drop
  • Primal Legendaries on the ground are now indicated by a red pentagram icon on the mini-map

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22863534/patch-264-now-live-1-15-2019
Dumb question, but when an ancient item drop in my game, the red light is not showing, only the dark orange light that is common to unique items. Was that PTR feature removed or is there some kind of bug in the game?

Ancient items don't show anything different.

Personally I have yet to have had a unidentified Primal item drop, so I can't say for sure that a red beam shows up or not. According to the blog post above, you could infer that they do. And I'm sure someone else has seen them and can verify it.

But wanted to be clear that you were asking about Primal items, not Ancient items. Ancients don't have their own color at this time.
I have picked up primals from GR's, rifts and bounties since the patch dropped, and never once seen the red beam or pentagram on the ground; they just drop with the standard green or brown(ish) beams and I didn't know they were primals till I'd been to the Book of Cain.

?
01/29/2019 12:26 AMPosted by spacecadet13
I have picked up primals from GR's, rifts and bounties since the patch dropped, and never once seen the red beam or pentagram on the ground; they just drop with the standard green or brown(ish) beams and I didn't know they were primals till I'd been to the Book of Cain.

?

They have a bug with red beam and pentagram. Sometimes primals do not show red beam and pentagram. I got 5 primals and only 2 had beam and pentagram.
I checked the map on a T13 rift, there was a red pentagram away from me (from someone else's kill/action). I went there, the beam was orange, it was a legendary ring (CoE). I picked it up, dropped it down again, beam is now red and the unidentified ring's icon had a red frame.
I thought it was a once-off bug, so I kept an eye for the next primal drop and it was a pair of UE boots, green beam before pickup, red after I picked it up and dropped it down again. Not sure if this is a consistent bug, but it occurred twice in a row for me.

(for what it's worth, that CoE rolled with 15% life, so...)
Why not mention this in the Bug Reports forum Chosen? In the off-chance the devs act upon it?
01/29/2019 03:01 AMPosted by SirSteel
Why not mention this in the Bug Reports forum Chosen? In the off-chance the devs act upon it?

This was reported during the 2.6.4 PTR.
They had a chance to fix it in the two months between the PTR and going live.
01/29/2019 03:04 AMPosted by Meteorblade
01/29/2019 03:01 AMPosted by SirSteel

This was reported during the 2.6.4 PTR.
They had a chance to fix it in the two months between the PTR and going live.

They hear you.
This happens when only their best is working on mobile phone games.
I only see the red beam if I drop the item myself.
Otherwise it just drops like any other legendary/ancient item.

I said it before and will say it again:

That's what u get with only 1 week PTR
As previously mentioned, the red beam and star icon are for primal drops only... it works (in nonseason anyway) but the feature also comes with the, possibly unintended, effect of removing that bit of hope, that you maybe have an unid'd primal in your pack before the id process. Now you know for certain, you either do or you don't. I kinda miss that teeny, tiny, little hope.
High gamma also makes the red beam look orange, so make sure it's calibrated correctly in the game options.
Same... no red beam.
01/29/2019 12:26 AMPosted by spacecadet13

?

I've seen the beam and pentagram.. maybe a regular legendary was overlapping the primal and didnt see it ?sometimes if loot is cluttered on the ground makes it hard to see
01/29/2019 06:26 AMPosted by Cannae
High gamma also makes the red beam look orange, so make sure it's calibrated correctly in the game options.

Yes, since I’ve been looking hard, I noticed a slight tinge. It may be the calibration.
Same here, only one primal had a red beam & pentagram. All others were green / orange.
01/28/2019 04:28 PMPosted by DarkSpell
Dumb question, but when an ancient item drop in my game, the red light is not showing

• Primal Legendaries are now marked by a red beam when they drop
  • Primal Legendaries on the ground are now indicated by a red pentagram icon on the mini-map

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22863534/patch-264-now-live-1-15-2019

There's also this image to illustrate the appearance of the beams https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/gallery/FNVZSISBEMDF1545100719906.jpg which was sourced from https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22820656/season-16-the-season-of-grandeur-is-now-live-1-18-2019