Farming build

Demon Hunter
So I'm looking at a farming build with 2 pieces of Sage's for the extra DBs. Which would be able to do this with only the 4 piece set bonus? Shadow Impale or UE MS? I'm leaning towards Shadow as the damage is loaded up in the first set bonus, and it doesn't look like you really need that last one when you're just farming. While the MS build doesn't look like it can do jack without that final set bonus.

I don't have the gear to check, so I figured I would ask.
The problem with running sage with UE is that you won’t be able to utilize a 6 piece UE, since Sage takes the same slots as UE, therefore you can only have up to 5 pieces of UE.

I think your best bet would be combining Sage’s with Natalya’s because at least with Natalya’s you would be able to fit N6 with 3 pieces of Sage’s. What abilities and supporting items you would need requires further testing, but the first thing that comes to mind since it’s t13 is perhaps utilizing strafe (since this is speed farming).
You could use a N6 MS build - that would work with sages. Needs very high RCR though, as you don't have Yang for 50% RCR.
Some S2 variant might also work.

If you wanna go the cheap route - just do publics as they got trivialized completely.

Most people won't care or look up your char if your paragon is not totally off - run sages and just pick stuff up.
01/20/2019 09:28 AMPosted by HellFire
The problem with running sage with UE is that you won’t be able to utilize a 6 piece UE, since Sage takes the same slots as UE, therefore you can only have up to 5 pieces of UE.

I know this.. which is why I asked specifically about only using the 4 piece.

01/20/2019 09:28 AMPosted by HellFire

I think your best bet would be combining Sage’s with Natalya’s because at least with Natalya’s you would be able to fit N6 with 3 pieces of Sage’s. What abilities and supporting items you would need requires further testing, but the first thing that comes to mind since it’s t13 is perhaps utilizing strafe (since this is speed farming).

I didn't consider Nat simply due to the fact that Nats is GARBAGE (IMHO). It's all about Rain of Vengeance... why use Nat's if you're never going to use Rain?
01/20/2019 10:18 AMPosted by Kindergarten
You could use a N6 MS build - that would work with sages. Needs very high RCR though, as you don't have Yang for 50% RCR.
Some S2 variant might also work.

If you wanna go the cheap route - just do publics as they got trivialized completely.

Most people won't care or look up your char if your paragon is not totally off - run sages and just pick stuff up.

Fair, but I want to be able to kill stuff doing bounties and PLing without having to swap out gear. Plus, I hate being a parasite on groups...
There is no other viable t13 speed variant that uses Sage set, if you don't like Nats+Sage Multishot, since Nat's set is the only set that can squeeze in the 2pc of Sage and clear t13 decently fast. Your best bet is too just run the speed T13 UE MS build. There's a reason why people use the UE set to do basically everything else, except push.
if it's only t13, I was considering sage and 2 piece shadow impale. the damage is still more than high enough for t13. (edit: i was using chakram's)

I tested it when the patch went live, just using 2 piece shadow and 0 accompaniments (all rares), no paragon, no gems etc. And did t10 with relative ease. Pretty sure you could hit t13 just using a focus and restraint, or endless walk variant. The main importance is keeping a melee weapon for the 2 piece 6k dmg amplifier.

Say in-geom + lord greenstones fan. FoN type build
Or sword of ill will + any (karlei's point for some boss dmg, if you felt it needed)

Since it's only t13 those should be possible. Or a variety of LoN builds, just fit in 2 shadow and 2 sage pieces. (3 shadow will give you a potent shadow power as well, but the 2 piece is where you get the value)

i'll test it sometime next week. for personal curiosity if anything
01/20/2019 05:32 PMPosted by Rasalom

I didn't consider Nat simply due to the fact that Nats is GARBAGE (IMHO). It's all about Rain of Vengeance... why use Nat's if you're never going to use Rain?

Why though? AFAIR, Nat Strafe was working fine even before the buff.
Take Hellcat, use Strafe-Demolition + RoV-Anathema, cast RoV to kill Elites faster, collect DBs, fly to next pack with Shadow Power-Shadow Glide & Tactical Advantage. Vengeance-Seethe + Preparation-Focused Mind for recource management.
Gear should be like this:
- K'mar+Nat crossbows
- 3Nat+2Sage armor, Channeling Mantle shoulders
- Hellcat belt, Nemesis bracers
- Nat ring, CoE, HFA
- Dawn, Cindercoat, RoRG in Cube (other ring if you're playing Season 16).
Stack some CDR and RCR to keep your Strafe and Vengeance always up, maybe you can use Zodiac instead of CoE. Or Elusive Ring if you feel too squishy.
......And yet public runs will still return you better DB per hour than running Nats / Sage combo solo. UE multI is by far the superior farming build at normal gear levels. That's not to say that with good gear you will be able to run T13 efficiently, but it's day 3 of season.

Nice public group is going to clear T13 in 2-3 minutes every time. Quicker clears, more loot and more DB than you an hope to get solo. High GR costs gold for extra gem up. A lot of gold at higher GR so just slap on boon and goldwrap for invincibility and away you go.

Sure Sages will net you 40% more DB per clear, but at the cost of taking 50% longer - unless you feel comfortable just running sages and leeching in pubs.
Wudijo posted his Natalya Sage Multishot DB farming build on YouTube. As others have pointed out, you need a lot of RCR and CDR for it to run efficiently, but it has plenty of DPS for T13. One added bonus of using that build is that the Sage pieces and random equipped shoulders (Wudijo uses Homing Pads) can be swapped to Marauder pieces for GR farming and pushing, so you don't need to augment multiple builds. It seemed really fast at clearing T13, his gear was not optimized but he did have a lot of paragon in the video.