offbrand fb build.. been done like this?

Wizard
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/prFly-1247/hero/58842992

thoughts?? opinions?? ideas??

i can explain more how i play ‘em if it’s not clear from the gear setup, passives etc..
You could change the pants to Tal. This would give you 2 options.
1. Gain the 4 piece Tal bonus (defense)
2. Take away the Tal ammy and SoJ for Travelers pledge/compass rose (offense).
This build makes no sense...

But hey to each their own
hes trying to repeatedly reset the cooldown of molten impact meteor and then using that as his damage. Looks like its suppose to be a speed build but id say its gonna be slow because he will have to reburn every elite he comes across. No offense prFly, that build isnt going to work out well. There are faster speed builds that also do more damage and as a push build it would be weak
ight.. i’ll do a lil ‘splaining for the “makes no sense” makers...

01/14/2019 09:26 PMPosted by Legendairy
hes trying to repeatedly reset the cooldown of molten impact meteor

legendairy... CORRECT..

however, i’m able to accomplish ignite without even using meteor.. that’s the 1hit finisher..

elites die ASAP with this set up..

coupled with a more than 55% cdr comes 113% fire dmg.. i dunno if that’s overkill.. i still tinker with it.. the “soj bomb” as i like to call it, bonus dmg to elites hits em HARD..

with the FW - ignite run, i can proc fire dmg with my teleport - calamity & double down on the cdr from obsidian ring.. basically i tele in & immediately follow w/ WOF, black hole.. they’re ignited.. meteor is the killshot..

it’s actually a lot of fun to play & very easy to get the hang off..

i’ve always been a fan of the Blizzard “PLAY YOUR WAY Thursday” theory.. so i’m constantly experimenting with wiz (my fave class) to come up with builds that i can have fun with as well as success..

there’s been failures along the way, but for me, (other than drops) that’s what keeps the game fresh.. not the ENDLESS pursuit of leaderboards or cookie cutter carbon copies..

js

thx for the input

BTW.. Disaster, i challenge u to try this build.. i think it’ll make sense real quick

01/13/2019 10:55 AMPosted by storytime42
You could change the pants to Tal. This would give you 2 options.
1. Gain the 4 piece Tal bonus (defense)
2. Take away the Tal ammy and SoJ for Travelers pledge/compass rose (offense).

the tals pants i didn’t even think of..

the endless walk ring/ammy set wouldn’t benefit my dmg much becuz this build isnt meant to be stationary.. rather always on the move
ok so why not use tals still? port around using calamity as norm and intermittently tap channel as youre moving to refresh stacks, when you see a elite, drop meteor > quick channel, move on
hell just two stacks of tals matches firebirds now haha
If you like one shot elite hunting, you might prefer this: https://ptr.d3planner.com/452931944

Just play around with how much cdr vs rcr to get the right balance. I tested with 12 ancients and i one shot any elite in t13 and one shot the rg with 1k paragon
01/16/2019 01:43 AMPosted by Legendairy
ok so why not use tals still? port around using calamity as norm and intermittently tap channel as youre moving to refresh stacks, when you see a elite, drop meteor > quick channel, move on

i have a 2 tals builds already..

one of which is already what u speak of, just using explosive blast

this char is exclusive to fb..
I was just trying to cater to the playstyle you were speaking of, I thought thats what you were seeking to do. If you want a build that works with firebirds in any capacity starpact is the only option i can see, anything firebirds can do your other sets will do better with the exception of starpact arguably, but even that is questionable now and will be even more so with grandeur. But w/e
i’ve gotten away from star pact for a long time now... i know what the specs describe, but i just wasn’t seeing the dmg that it described.. something i’m missing here??

iono
starpact? Yeah youre missing something major then. With not too much paragon i still 1 shot 110 packs with starpact