Switch Hackers Season 16

General Discussion
Is the Diablo team going to do anything about the hackers on the Switch? I understand that theres not much they can do offline, but when they go online and their user makes it instantly to the top of the leaderboards...its highly unfair. A GR140 in under 3 minutes...

Right now there are several hacked accounts topping the demon hunter leaderboards on the Nintendo Switch and it seems like nothing is being done about them. They have 3 legendary gems in each of their jewelry slots, 3 gems in their boots and bracers...They have a yellow ring called "fire" that gives them + 1,000,000% physical damage...how does Blizzard not scrub at least the top of the leaderboards to check for this kind of activity!?

11/07/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Nevalistis
We want to start by saying we hear you.

Since the moment we stepped into the office on Monday, we have been discussing everything Diablo non-stop. We’re fully committed to listening and engaging—so please keep the constructive feedback coming. Our primary focus right now is poring over that feedback to inform internal discussions, and we’ll follow up with further thoughts as soon as we can.
It's weird to think about. I get it, that as a child, I used to love these sort of "advantages." The need to prove to others that you're so good at a game, despite the game being turned trivial with these sort of hacks and cheats.

I think it's human nature to always want an edge, some sort of advantage, whether it's in sports, games, your trade, job or whatever. At what point does the individual wake up and realize that participating in something which greatly cheapens the experience in terms of providing some sort of positive stimulation, is not healthy. It won't help someone grow.

In short, there will always be some people who will cheat and exploit for personal gain. It's a shame.

How does being a God via exploits and cheats in a video game, where it's meant to be competitive in some manner, give a sense of accomplishment? It really cheapens the experience for others, even knowing that they'll be caught and banned.
That was posted 11/07/2018 so hopefully they are still engaged since the season started a couple of months after that. Doubtful though considering how completely obvious these hackers are and nothing is being done about them
Sure, sure. just let them finish up eradicating the console hackers first k.
almost done....

soon, soon!
01/23/2019 09:23 AMPosted by Wraither16
It really cheapens the experience for others, even knowing that they'll be caught and banned.

Yeah for real... except they've been on the leaderboards for days now and not removed, banned, or anything. If blizzard isnt going to fix this, then whats going to stop other people from doing it because others are getting away with it?
01/23/2019 09:27 AMPosted by Prology
Sure, sure. just let them finish up eradicating the console hackers first k.
almost done....

soon, soon!

Oh I know removing hackers is impossible, but they can at least prevent the ones from making it onto the leaderboards. If they already take a snapshot of a players gear when they finish a GR, why cant they use that to determine if it was legit or not when trying to sync with the online leaderboards?
They could not even roll back players who exploited gems to 150.
It *should* be easy. the game should be able to run a quick math calc to see if the gear is legit and then ignore the achievement and ban the player. it should be automated. it seems like most of their anti cheat is manual. which means once resources get tapped or moved they quit enforcing.
Welcome to DIABLOW. Bliz wont do nuffin against bots. Leaderboards are for bots. Blizzard dosent care about the integrity of their games, why do you care?
01/23/2019 09:38 AMPosted by Shogun
Welcome to DIABLOW. Bliz wont do nuffin against bots. Leaderboards are for bots. Blizzard dosent care about the integrity of their games, why do you care?

Wishful thinking
Is there some way for me to view this without owning a switch? I don't agree with it but I really want to see it :P

01/23/2019 09:13 AMPosted by Jhhood
They have 3 legendary gems in each of their jewelry slots, 3 gems in their boots and bracers...They have a yellow ring called "fire" that gives them + 1,000,000% physical damage...
Heres a couple of images that show the leaderboards and that fire item
https://imgur.com/a/Pub1dTZ

01/23/2019 10:34 AMPosted by Pittath
Is there some way for me to view this without owning a switch? I don't agree with it but I really want to see it :P

They have 3 legendary gems in each of their jewelry slots, 3 gems in their boots and bracers...They have a yellow ring called "fire" that gives them + 1,000,000% physical damage...
Blizzard doesn’t control this stuff for the console - it’d be on Nintendo to stop people.
There are two ways of cheating; offline and online. Blizzard cannot control offline cheating which is up to Nintendo to prevent. Online cheating that hits Blizzard servers has everything to do with Blizzard and not Nintendo
Given they left the equivalent of the source code un-encrypted in the Switch D3 version files there is no squeezing that tooth paste back in the tube.
That just made it easier and faster. PS4 encrypts the save game file and the only thing that did was slow the cheaters down a little and perhaps make them purchase a 3rd party app to open and edit, then sign and save the file after editing.

It was certainly considerate of them for sure.
It would be epic if Nintendo would ban cheaters as they ban custom firmware users.

Hacking on Switch is worse than I thought, it affects the entire community and confuses new players. I have seen people asking how GR 150 is possible solo, and getting answers such as "it might be posible if you have crazy paragon, like 3000". These players are confused because they can't tell the difference between cheaters and effective players, that requires knowledge from pc version, and it prevents many Switch players from ever learning game.

Also when you are unsure what is actually possible or not, you become suspicious of everyone better than you. On my first day I met a player with over 100 hours played, by the third day I had surpassed him/her in both paragon and dps. Its impossible for that player to know whether I am a hacker or not, given their level of knowledge. Now he/she leaves the game whenever I join.
Is the Diablo team going to do anything about the hackers on the Switch? I understand that theres not much they can do offline, but when they go online and their user makes it instantly to the top of the leaderboards...its highly unfair. A GR140 in under 3 minutes...

Right now there are several hacked accounts topping the demon hunter leaderboards on the Nintendo Switch and it seems like nothing is being done about them. They have 3 legendary gems in each of their jewelry slots, 3 gems in their boots and bracers...They have a yellow ring called "fire" that gives them + 1,000,000% physical damage...how does Blizzard not scrub at least the top of the leaderboards to check for this kind of activity!?

Lol this ring is literally " FIRE " :D
Playing on switch you are not playing on servers its switch to switch can be a pain.
If host goes off line or disconnected you are kicked
01/23/2019 12:03 PMPosted by Jhhood
There are two ways of cheating; offline and online. Blizzard cannot control offline cheating which is up to Nintendo to prevent. Online cheating that hits Blizzard servers has everything to do with Blizzard and not Nintendo

Nintendo hosts the servers, so...