Bring back player item trading

General Discussion
Bring back item trading.
It never went away. You have up to 2 hours to trade items between members of your game.
exactly.. DUMB.
Unfortunately allowing trading in game would inevitably lead to 3rd party sellers of gear, in turn making the leader boards Pay-To-Win. It would also likely increase botting.

Edit: Misinformation removed.
01/17/2019 02:00 PMPosted by oneredflag
I hear the Chinese version of D3 is loaded with predatory micro-transactions.

The current version? Not that I know of. The base game to level 60 is free to play. You can only buy RoS, the Necro, and cosmetics. You can't buy items that give you any real advantage that I know of. SUPER common model for the China market. They made that decision prior to releasing D3 in China in April of 2015. It has been this way over there all along.
Trading doesn't belong in an aRPG game...according to this forum
But they do have trading. Just not the kind that would allow 3rd party sellers.
01/17/2019 03:27 PMPosted by Pestilence

Still have 3rd party botters. What's the difference?
01/17/2019 03:29 PMPosted by BagboyBrown

Can't sell items for money that is the difference....
Ya that would be horrible, who would want to bring back anything from that wet fart that was diablo 2. If that game was so great they wouldn't have made 3, 3 is obviously a higher number than 2 so it is better by default. Next thing you will be telling me that private servers was a good thing for fps games pfft nerd.
01/17/2019 01:16 PMPosted by Slamboney
It never went away. You have up to 2 hours to trade items between members of your game.

Indeed. I helped some friends level up late last season, and there's no telling how many extra legendaries I gave away to them.
01/17/2019 02:14 PMPosted by MissCheetah
I hear the Chinese version of D3 is loaded with predatory micro-transactions.

The current version? Not that I know of. The base game to level 60 is free to play. You can only buy RoS, the Necro, and cosmetics. You can't buy items that give you any real advantage that I know of. SUPER common model for the China market. They made that decision prior to releasing D3 in China in April of 2015. It has been this way over there all along.
as i was checking out the Chinese site, i got the impression that they could by floors to a dungeon. "Floor 51" had just gone on sale at the time.
Bring back some semblance of value in drops.

Something that I think brought a lot of fans into PoE, and why fans still play D2.

Trading just brings this extra layer of economy and value that D3 does not have. I sometimes wonder how well D3 would still be perceived if there was more to the game other than bounty, rift, grift repeat.

as i was checking out the Chinese site, i got the impression that they could by floors to a dungeon. "Floor 51" had just gone on sale at the time.

There are no dungeon floors in D3. There are Greater Rifts, but you can't buy a level of one which would mean upgrading your gear.
I think it's called d3 auction house other than that you need to be in the game with the person you are willing to trade with
01/17/2019 03:29 PMPosted by BagboyBrown

You just compared trading to botting, whose side are you even on haha

The trading system is fine as is, if you run 4 man parties the drop rate is actually insane. And if they want to keep some semblance of competition on the GR leader-boards, they can't have a free for all trading system as it's just make end game PTW.

I don't even get why the party buff is so insane...
Blizzard neither gonna touch trading, nor implement a trading system for 3rd parties to take over. If they ever decide to introduce a trading system I bet it will have lots of bloating and no item sinks. If they ever feel the need of giving free trade to players they have to introduce item sinks which I know they're not too keen of, nor care.
01/17/2019 02:36 PMPosted by Cerealkiller
Trading doesn't belong in an aRPG game...according to this forum

Not that it doesn't belong in the game, just that it shouldn't be the only and/or primary way to obtain good gear.
01/17/2019 01:16 PMPosted by Slamboney

Don't even sit here and act like that's trading lol. What exactly are you gonna give that person in exchange for said item? An item you may or may not get within that two hour period..
never:
-drops will devaluate in quality to compensate the abundance of cheap gear.
-everyone loses, except a few dedicated gear farmers.