New to D3, How long is the game(Questions)

General Discussion
Just bought Diablo 3 for the first time Loving it! I think its amazing, coming from NOX in 1998/99.

I am trying to be extremely slow maybe play it one time every week or so for an hour or two. I ran out of good games to play other than the Modern Esport games and want this one to last me a while. Its painful I know but I like it so much I am trying to conserve it. I was wondering about how long is the base game? (Don't have DLC yet but will get it soon) what do you do after you beat the base game? is there a lot of replay ability to D3 in general?

hope someone can answer some of these questions. Don't want to dive in too hard and beat it in a day or two because I could, its that good imo.
The campign takes <10 hours (there's actually an achievement for beating the story in <1 hour). Most D3 players exclusively play Adventure Mode (comes with ROS expansion) because it's more rewarding, straight to the point, and just plain fun,no annoying cut scenes.

Replayability is quite strong, I've spent 4000 hours in D3 and am looking forward to starting the new Season on January 18th. If you're already enjoying the game at level 10, the you should definitely buy Reaper of Souls so you can start the new season with everyone else. The gameplay really starts to shine post level 70 once you start equipping legendary and set items.
01/15/2019 07:49 PMPosted by TheForsaken
I am trying to be extremely slow maybe play it one time every week or so for an hour or two. I ran out of good games to play other than the Modern Esport games and want this one to last me a while. Its painful I know but I like it so much I am trying to conserve it. I was wondering about how long is the base game? (Don't have DLC yet but will get it soon) what do you do after you beat the base game? is there a lot of replay ability to D3 in general?

Assuming you only play once a week for an hour, and fully explore the maps, the base game will probably take somewhere in the region of 6 months to complete. As far as replay ability goes.. that is what the Diablo games are all about, working on achievements and farming better gear in order to increase the games difficulty, so that you can farm even better gear.

The maps in Diablo are randomly generated, so each time you load into an area it will be slightly different to the last time you were there. eg. different paths, special/secret areas, different mobs to kill, books to find, etc..

Once you have completed to base game, i suggest changing the game mode to Adventure and doing Bounties (Special Quests) and Rifts (Special Dungeons) as you start your extremely long journey through the Achievement list.

Seasons, like the one about to start are also a fun way to try out new characters, and get powerful gear. but as you are time limited. maybe the base game's campaign is more than enough to keep you occupied for quite some time yet :)
For everyone I know who has played any of the diablo series or all of them there is a lot of replay ability. It's all a matter of what you like to do. I logged possibly over 1000 hours of play in D2. And could very well do so in D3. You can play one of every class. And/or Explore every nook and cranny and intricacy within the dialogs through the game. There is the variety of difficulty level that you could play around with going sequentially or pressing your luck seeking challenge and going 4 or 5 levels up from the start or any craziness you want to try.

My first character I played through the campaign exploring every nook and cranny on normal, then hard, then expert difficulty; skipping the dialog after the first and had possibly as much as 100 hours logged at that point (currently 133 after playing some adventure mode too). With the 4 acts of the base game taking your time and similarly experiencing everything possible you could easily rack up that much play time.

Inversely you can rush without someone power leveling you to 70 through one rush through of the campaign in something like less than 20 hours at master difficulty. By that I mean simply following the plot with very little deviation along the way. This would be an example of the seeking challenge aspect. Also hardcore option which means you die once and are done and have to start over probably would fall into the challenge aspect too.
Thanks so much for the answers guys. Really appreciate it.
01/16/2019 05:59 AMPosted by TheForsaken

beware, the game will consume 2000+ hours of your life :)
beware, the game will consume 20 hours of your life :)

Fixed.
Infinitiy.
01/16/2019 06:02 AMPosted by Danutz23

Hahah awesome

01/16/2019 06:10 AMPosted by Kendo
beware, the game will consume 20 hours of your life :)

Including DLC or just the base game ?

Fixed.
01/16/2019 06:02 AMPosted by Danutz23

More like a week and then youre done with it until next season.

No ones going to put 2000hrs in this game any more.
Just bought Diablo 3 for the first time Loving it! I think its amazing, coming from NOX in 1998/99.

hope someone can answer some of these questions. Don't want to dive in too hard and beat it in a day or two because I could, its that good imo.

Took me about 20 hours to do the campaign, and that was at a relatively leisurely pace (didn't rush). However, I started on Normal difficulty. By Act II was on Expert, and Master by Act III. The game tends to be *very* easy on non-Torment difficulty levels. If wouldn't recommend starting on any difficulty below Expert, tbqh.

if you enjoy a purgatory of destroying the same monsters with the same dozen or so builds, and can stomach the frustration of discovering a fun build that gets nerfed because it wasn't what the devs intended, then it will last forever!
Definitely all of the above (except the negative comments of course)....

If you fancy a challenge try playing the game, Adventure Mode or Story Mode, on Hardcore difficulty. The game difficulties are the same but you risk permament death of your character if you mess up. You also loose everything your character was wearing or carrying in their bags so the gameplay slows down a lot more than Normal Mode where you can die hundreds of times with no penalty (except of course the repair bill xD).