Get RID of Perdition

General Discussion
Nothing gets me as pissed off as trying to fight something that constantly crushes you from out of nowhere.
Really? I find him not that bad but kinda sucks for melee sometimes
When he appears away from your location and tele attacks you, yes, it can be frustrating. There are three things you need to have a chance...

1. Your toughness needs to be high enough to survive the above situation. Also equipment offering damage reduction/damage reduction by meeting criteria (Storm Armor hits--Halo of Kirini, per stunned enemy nearby, or etc.) helps, or...

2. You need a "save from death" passive (Final Service--necro, Unstable Anomaly--Wiz, Indestructible--Crusader, and etc.) There are some builds that can have 2 or 3 of these saves.

3. Have some good "cc" (crowd controls). Blind, Stun, and Freeze are the best to shut him down, so stack those on your follower and use Bane of the Trapped for some extra damage. Zei also adds a 20% chance to stun on hit too at rank 25.
He is one of my most challenging bosses, and as a DH build that is very glassy, I get one shot by him quite often. Even with working within his animations for the attacks, they can be so fast that its hard to anticipate when to move to avoid the attack. Sometimes I do succeed, but more often he nails me.

Probably the single worst boss for me, but hey, you can't have them all be easy. Most of the others that have one shot ability telegraph their one shot attack or its dodgeable if you are paying attention.

Try to stay closer to bosses that have ranged attacks, and farther away from those with more melee attacks, but be wary not to get too far away or they will teleport on top of you.
Stop crying and learn to play, noob.
01/16/2019 05:29 PMPosted by DTMAce
He is one of my most challenging bosses, and as a DH build that is very glassy, I get one shot by him quite often. Even with working within his animations for the attacks, they can be so fast that its hard to anticipate when to move to avoid the attack. Sometimes I do succeed, but more often he nails me.

Probably the single worst boss for me, but hey, you can't have them all be easy. Most of the others that have one shot ability telegraph their one shot attack or its dodgeable if you are paying attention.

Try to stay closer to bosses that have ranged attacks, and farther away from those with more melee attacks, but be wary not to get too far away or they will teleport on top of you.

Peoples' main problem with Perdition (and Rakanoth at high Torment) is that the fight is almost purely RNG as to whether or not you make it out of the teleport alive. The telegraph is so fast and the timing is so insanely latency dependent that unless you have a near pristine connection and are within the scant few frames of animation that give you your window of opportunity, you're screwed. It would be more tolerable if the telegraph weren't so similar to his other moves and/or the teleport had at least some travel time to give you a more consistent window of opportunity to escape.

OHKO instant teleports are really poor design. This isn't the NES era where tech was limited and there are a lot more options for creating difficulty without it being a total RNGfest.
01/16/2019 05:39 PMPosted by TheTias

Peoples' main problem with Perdition (and Rakanoth at high Torment) is that the fight is almost purely RNG as to whether or not you make it out of the teleport alive. The telegraph is so fast and the timing is so insanely latency dependent that unless you have a near pristine connection and are within the scant few frames of animation that give you your window of opportunity, you're screwed. It would be more tolerable if the telegraph weren't so similar to his other moves and/or the teleport had at least some travel time to give you a more consistent window of opportunity to escape.

OHKO instant teleports are really poor design. This isn't the NES era where tech was limited and there are a lot more options for creating difficulty without it being a total RNGfest.

Agreed.

Anyway, annoying, but since he doesn't show up in every GR, it doesn't bother me much.

At this point my non-seasonal UE DH is so glass canon, he can be one shot at T10, if I let him. But I can consistently run high GRs without dying at all (ran a GR90 last night without dying), mostly because I know not to stand still, keep moving, and pay attention to his feet as well as what the enemies are throwing at me.
When he appears away from your location and tele attacks you, yes, it can be frustrating. There are three things you need to have a chance...

1. Your toughness needs to be high enough to survive the above situation. Also equipment offering damage reduction/damage reduction by meeting criteria (Storm Armor hits--Halo of Kirini, per stunned enemy nearby, or etc.) helps, or...

2. You need a "save from death" passive (Final Service--necro, Unstable Anomaly--Wiz, Indestructible--Crusader, and etc.) [u]There are some builds that can have 2 or 3 of these saves.[/u

3. Have some good "cc" (crowd controls). Blind, Stun, and Freeze are the best to shut him down, so stack those on your follower and use Bane of the Trapped for some extra damage. Zei also adds a 20% chance to stun on hit too at rank 25.

Sorry mangler but that is not the answer. Surely it helps, but It boils down to which class you are using. Each character has a sort of nemesis when it comes to GR's especially high Gr's. And for one Perdition is the ultimate nightmare for any Witch Doctor, although fire-bat less so than others. While other bosses might be challenging or interesting around GR 90-100 , I have found Perdition to be a total !@#$%^- even as low as GR 75 with the exact gear I cleared above mentioned levels. It's many times a guaranteed death in or around from 80+ for me with Wd, yet with a DH it's a breeze even Gr's over 100. Thus taking it out altogether doesn't really make sense. For example I find Vidian or Vesalius impossible, but with a Monk this time around.
So I guess it's all RnG and fingers crossed.
But yes !! OMW I do too hate Perdition!
Perdition shouldn't be able to teleport right on top of you through walls from several screens away.
with my sunwuko build, i have to leech spirit on him...with melee:p
Cold snap was worst, his seems insta at times, and least per's is predictable.
I stun lock Perdition on my Jump Barb. On my Thorns Crusader I don't care about Perdition's damage because I have 1.2 billion (not an exaggeration) toughness.

On my Sunwoko Monk and Multishot DH I keep Perdition out of screen view, just enough so that my companion and "pets" don't teleport back to me or so that Perdition don't teleport to (and on) me as a result of me being too far away. This method works on ALL rift guardians, so you don't have to really face any rift guardians.
He is one of my most challenging bosses, and as a DH build that is very glassy, I get one shot by him quite often.

Learn to vault. You can quite literally do the entire fight without taking any damage whatsoever with a DH, regardless of your toughness.
Never stand still. Always be on the move.
Any rift guardian can hit hard at high G-rifts.
Glass canon is a no go, you need damage reduction,
lots of resists, and plenty of life.
If you play hardcore especially, in softcore,
it doesn't really matter.
01/16/2019 05:07 PMPosted by Devons1972
Nothing gets me as pissed off as trying to fight something that constantly crushes you from out of nowhere.

Play it on mobile. You can purchase credits to have the option as follow.

> RG appears
> Game paused
> Option appears
> Pay 50 credits for 3 other RG selections
> GG
01/16/2019 11:00 PMPosted by Blashyrkh
Learn to vault. You can quite literally do the entire fight without taking any damage whatsoever with a DH, regardless of your toughness.

I use vault. As I noted in my post, there is a very small window of opportunity using escape abilities with Perdition. The reason is that the teleport on the server side utilizes the exact same mechanism to determine your location as you see when monsters suddenly attack the landing portal area even before you materialize there when you take the portals in the Pandemonium Fortress map/rifts. In that sense the game kind of "cheats" (I've had mortars start landing there just prior to me materializing, instantly killing me because I can't move for a split second after I appear).

As I said, the telegraph is too similar to his other telegraphs, too fast to react to with consistency for most people, and when you combine that with the aforementioned landing location "cheat", the battle just becomes pure RNG. I've even been killed by Perdition while chain vaulting, which wouldn't be possible unless the server used your landing point as the teleport location. That's why it needs a travel time, even if it's just a few frames.

And his teleport does not always happen only at range. I've been instagibbed at point blank range by the teleport several times.

He's just not fun to fight against. It feels just as RNG laden as Mina's Challenge Mode boss fight before the rocket launch in Iconoclasts (one hit wonder in Challenge Mode and every element of the fight is RNG).

Also, if you're unlucky enough to have him spawn anywhere that isn't within sight of you at the end of a greater rift, he'll teleport to you and you can't dodge it unless you got uber lucky and somehow used an escape ability at exactly the right monent by accident (you can't see him telegraph from offscreen).

He simply needs a couple of tweaks to the mechanics to open up proper windows to escape. He's too RNG laden and far too latency sensitive currently.
01/16/2019 05:07 PMPosted by Devons1972

And once you get rid of all the RGs that people don't like there would be no RGs left to fight
Yeah him and cold snap are the devil. Both my melee and ranged characters have a hard time when pushing.
You’re a scrubcore player. There’s no penalty even if he’s “hard”

Perdition isn’t even that scary in HC.