Blizzard, Vyr's buff is not enough.

General Discussion
Vyr's was Wizard's weakest set and you only buffed it by factor of 2 (from 50% to 100% per stack). The weakest class sets were buffed by factor of 3 to 6.

Please buff Vyr's more, to at least 200% per stack. Considering Archon has no additional items which increase it's damage, this buff would be reasonable.
No buff is enough to play that horrible, wonky set.
I'd settle for a cd reduction effect to be added, in all honesty.
There is a reason why Vyr's wasn't buffed more. Everyone is still SICK of Archon Wiz in any of its incarnations. Blizzard forced Archon Wizard onto us for something like 5 seasons in a row at least. Enough is enough. The Diablo 3 community is sick and tired of Archon and we feel that it should never return to the top spot ever.
I dunno I play the speed Vyr6 Starfire version, seems to work really great honestly...I think if you wanna push the highest tho you gotta use Chantodos? I dunno, I like the perma archon/double archon of the Vyr6 Starfire version. I played it last season and got to like GR 80 maybe 85? So now I imagine it can go to 90's and beyond. Which seems fine to me.
It does seem rather weak, but I largely blame the supporting items.
You have 2 options: Go Manald Heal or go Chantodos.

If you go Manald Heal you have to wait for it to proc so you can kill a little for a short time.
If you go Chantodos you get this weird stacking and stacking and stacking gameplay.
None of which are neither fluent nor "fun".

I'd like to see a short cooldown on Archon and more legendary affixes to the Archon skills (they still suck, they aren't the main damage dealers in any ways). It's just a series of really bad decisions.
01/17/2019 11:41 AMPosted by Evoportals
There is a reason why Vyr's wasn't buffed more. Everyone is still SICK of Archon Wiz in any of its incarnations. Blizzard forced Archon Wizard onto us for something like 5 seasons in a row at least. Enough is enough. The Diablo 3 community is sick and tired of Archon and we feel that it should never return to the top spot ever.

That's like saying you don't want to see Epiphany on Monks, or Wrath of the Berserker on Barbs nor Vengeance on DH's.

The statement in it itself is just invalid in arguments and just a whine.
01/17/2019 02:03 PMPosted by KiWeN

That's like saying you don't want to see Epiphany on Monks, or Wrath of the Berserker on Barbs nor Vengeance on DH's.

The statement in it itself is just invalid in arguments and just a whine.

The difference being that Archon completely alters the play style that you have otherwise set up for your self. The three skills you listed do not.

Everyone? Definitely not. Also, there is no justification for making a set weaker than others, if you hate it, just play with another set ..

But in my opinion, Chantodo should have a buff.
Meanwhile on demon hunter land... right click = GR 120 with no effort

If all sets were balanced and viable then people would have the choice to go vyr archon, and have a choice not to go that route and still be viable
01/17/2019 11:17 AMPosted by EasyFrank
Considering Archon has no additional items which increase it's damage, this buff would be reasonable.
Manald does the damage in the archon builds though. In fact, you can't even break t60 with archon by itself in any build.

If you are wanting to make archon viable, it needs like a 1k% damage increase.
01/17/2019 08:23 PMPosted by Stinkyfinger
Considering Archon has no additional items which increase it's damage, this buff would be reasonable.
Manald does the damage in the archon builds though. In fact, you can't even break t60 with archon by itself in any build.

If you are wanting to make archon viable, it needs like a 1k% damage increase.

Trolling or something? Archon could do grift 80+ all the way back in season 4, when manald heal didn't have a legendary affix.
I personally dislike revolving around a 2 minute cd unless I have a way to drop it to near spamable.... So Vengeance and IK WotB....

I avoid Akarat's Champion(except in invoker's), Epiphany, LotD, and Archon....
Archon sucks, thats all. Sad that you only has 3 skills all the time, its boring.
Guys check out this vyr speeds meta build. I think it will replace rat run.

https://www.diablofans.com/builds/102017-2-6-4-speeds-wiz-group-meta
Vyr's was Wizard's weakest set and you only buffed it by factor of 2 (from 50% to 100% per stack). The weakest class sets were buffed by factor of 3 to 6.

Please buff Vyr's more, to at least 200% per stack. Considering Archon has no additional items which increase it's damage, this buff would be reasonable.

Too late, once the patch goes live they won't be tweaking it anymore.
Totally revamp Vyrs, make it revolve around Hydra's the set alone gives an additional Hydra cast along with some significant damage boost, the Serpants Wand should have added Hydra damage increase and another Hydra cast totalling 3 Hydras on field with both want and Vyrs set. And then minus well create a new off hand orb or bracers that increase Hydra damage or give it something beneficial to Hydra skills. Maybe that's just me, I like the Hydra skill but it's not a viable skill that is used to do any decent builds.
01/18/2019 07:45 AMPosted by Skiller
Totally revamp Vyrs, make it revolve around Hydra's the set alone gives an additional Hydra cast along with some significant damage boost, the Serpants Wand should have added Hydra damage increase and another Hydra cast totalling 3 Hydras on field with both want and Vyrs set. And then minus well create a new off hand orb or bracers that increase Hydra damage or give it something beneficial to Hydra skills. Maybe that's just me, I like the Hydra skill but it's not a viable skill that is used to do any decent builds.

I LOVE this idea. That would be so fun!
01/18/2019 07:45 AMPosted by Skiller

With LoN, all they would need to do is add more support legendaries for hydras rather than changing a whole set.