Era now ending January 14

General Discussion
01/09/2019 05:18 PMPosted by bkwrm79
Disappointing, but at least they finally gave the new date.

they shouldn't have been wrong in the first place. it's their own damn update. people being "ok" with them making changes and updates 12-16+ hours after the date they set is horrendous and abyssmal.

The patch should be applied by now so we can actually play the game again.
01/09/2019 05:41 PMPosted by XS3NIGMA
<span class="truncated">...</span>

agree. D3 does not make money, Blizzard does not have the motivation to meet the player's requirements.

They may lose money in operating D3

would be really easy to make money...sell stash space....sell cosmetics...sell grift keys....sell bounty cache bonuses....like 5$ for double bounty for x period of time....none of these things are game changers...and the same lazy people that run bots would throw money at these type of things.

-keep disliking every post that monetizes the game, I guess the privileged loot simulator crybabies are afraid of a diablo game actually getting content, ya know like the other revenue generating games get.

I don't have a problem with monatizing the game, I have a problem with microtransactions.

If you want it monatized, make it a monthly sub similar to wow. not as high ofc, since they clearly don't give a flip. But microtransactions would make so many players quit overnight the game would go from a ghost town to literally dead.

edit: if you thing adding double bounty for x amount of time or rift keys into a shop wouldn't have an impact on the game itself, you're sorely mistaken.
The patch should be applied by now so we can actually play the game again.[/quote]
There is nothing stopping you from playing now but yourself.

If they do patch before era ends anyone who is on leader board would have done it for nothing.
Since i am mainly a season player it don't worry me but for them it matters
I am frankly really tired of the D3 doesn't make any money argument. Look they are still selling copies of the game... as long as you still make profit, run it properly.
They made the money, lots of it, upfront, followed by an expansion followed by a DLC. It's a good and profitable business model, and the only model which will lead me to purchase D4. No subscriptions - I can only subscribe to one game at a time max. No microtransactions, which lead to nickel and diming players for what should be in the core game. Want to level above a snail's pace? Want your character to not look like crap? Want to store more than a sword and a couple gloves? Pay again baby!

Microtransactions are a reasonable business model, but one in which I have no interest in participating. I want to make my financial decision at the outset, not bit by bit throughout.

And never the twain should meet. Combining a full price game with microtransactions, RMAHs etc. is not reasonable, and we shouldn't pretend that it is.
Vanilla D3 made a boat load of money, it was the biggest game at the time. Id say it rivaled Fortnite in popularity, and revenues while the RMAH was up, and it was pay to play unlike Fortnite. Every casual i knew in real life jumped on the bang wagon when D3 came out, and they didnt even play video games. I remember when people were shellling out 5k+ dollars to buy gear on the RMAH. I know i myself bought over a hundred dollars in blizzard store credit to buy gold torwards gear purchase.

If Activision was running Blizzard back then the RMAH would still be alive today and even have more microtransactions. The only reason they killed the RMAH was because Blizzard actually gave a dang about their gamers back then and still had somewhat of a control over their games. Today the company is a shell of its former self. With Activision in control now im really surprised they RMAH isnt back yet, and bigger than ever.
01/09/2019 05:16 PMPosted by XS3NIGMA
you would think they need federal government approval to apply a patch or end an era lol

Close. They need M$, Nintendo (sorry, no S in Nintendo. :'() and $ony approval to kick out a patch and end an era. Close to government approval. ;)

would be really easy to make money...sell stash space....sell cosmetics...sell grift keys....sell bounty cache bonuses....like 5$ for double bounty for x period of time....none of these things are game changers...and the same lazy people that run bots would throw money at these type of things.

-keep disliking every post that monetizes the game, I guess the privileged loot simulator crybabies are afraid of a diablo game actually getting content, ya know like the other revenue generating games get.

I don't have a problem with monatizing the game, I have a problem with microtransactions.

If you want it monatized, make it a monthly sub similar to wow. not as high ofc, since they clearly don't give a flip. But microtransactions would make so many players quit overnight the game would go from a ghost town to literally dead.

edit: if you thing adding double bounty for x amount of time or rift keys into a shop wouldn't have an impact on the game itself, you're sorely mistaken.

Half the population bots and life goes on...if you think material buffs and keys are more of a game changer you are dillusional.
01/09/2019 05:16 PMPosted by XS3NIGMA
you would think they need federal government approval to apply a patch or end an era lol

Close. They need M$, Nintendo (sorry, no S in Nintendo. :'() and $ony approval to kick out a patch and end an era. Close to government approval. ;)

No such thing as eras on console. Every Season has ladders, which are completely replaced with new ladders when the next Season begins.
01/10/2019 05:26 AMPosted by Linkdead
Nintendo (sorry, no S in Nintendo. :'()

How about the Euro symbol... Nint€ndo
well lets just hope we actually get the season and not just another date after this one runs out.
What do you expect from the makers of Pitfall.

No such thing as eras on console. Every Season has ladders, which are completely replaced with new ladders when the next Season begins.

True, but it's a universal patch that's rolling out across all systems. :) Which means that they need console verification for the patch before it can roll.
01/10/2019 04:28 AMPosted by HokGnav
Vanilla D3 made a boat load of money, it was the biggest game at the time. Id say it rivaled Fortnite in popularity, and revenues while the RMAH was up, and it was pay to play unlike Fortnite. Every casual i knew in real life jumped on the bang wagon when D3 came out, and they didnt even play video games. I remember when people were shellling out 5k+ dollars to buy gear on the RMAH. I know i myself bought over a hundred dollars in blizzard store credit to buy gold torwards gear purchase.

If Activision was running Blizzard back then the RMAH would still be alive today and even have more microtransactions. The only reason they killed the RMAH was because Blizzard actually gave a dang about their gamers back then and still had somewhat of a control over their games. Today the company is a shell of its former self. With Activision in control now im really surprised they RMAH isnt back yet, and bigger than ever.

Reality check here but the reason they removed the RHAM was due to money laundering and goverments raiding their offices lol.
So much complaining and whining. How many of you are actually going to stop playing the game and completely abandon Blactivizzard? Thats the only way you can make a difference/get them to hear your voice (Collectively). Don't act like you are forced to play the game, you have a choice, make it and live with it.