Follower Skills?

General Discussion
Are follower skills classified by their damage type? i.e. If I equipped a "Poison Skills do 20% more damage" that would benefit a Scoundrel using "Poison Bolts"?

What is the followers base attack classed as? i.e. what would I equip to boost the Enchantress' base damage?

Also, why does Icy Veins recommended Vitality and Resistance to All Elements for some items? If the Immortality trinket is being used is there any purpose to this ?(Some kind of interplay with Unity perhaps?)

Do minions created by followers benefit from anything? i.e. Do Nagle Ring or Maximus benefit a minion based Monk or Necromancer?
I can only answer the last bit I'm afraid. Followers don't benefit from all leggy affixes but do for some, the two you mentioned, Bul'Kathos ring, Thunderfury etc. Trial and error really.
I may be wrong but it used to be that if you equip followers with items that have their base stat, i.e. intelligence for enchantress then she will get double the benefit of the intelligence.
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will reply.
01/12/2019 02:42 AMPosted by Avicenna
Are follower skills classified by their damage type? i.e. If I equipped a "Poison Skills do 20% more damage" that would benefit a Scoundrel using "Poison Bolts"?

Yes. They do benefit from that indeed.

What is the followers base attack classed as?

Weapon damage type they equipped, I believe. I concluded that from Wyrdward; lightning damage stuns target, working on every one of them with lightning damage based weapon equipped. Hit up New Player Help section for further questions.

i.e. what would I equip to boost the Enchantress' base damage?

Enchantress uses Arcane mostly at her skills. Only intelligence (as said above) and her weapon damage increases her base damage.

Also, why does Icy Veins recommended Vitality and Resistance to All Elements for some items? If the Immortality trinket is being used is there any purpose to this ?(Some kind of interplay with Unity perhaps?)

My guess is Unity had a small breach about letting full damage through when single hit overpassed the other ring bearer's full health or something. It simply ignores if Follower is still alive after the hit and calculates like they're dead, if hit overpast their effective health. I can't recall the mechanics fully but whatever.
Now that sorta thing is patched and no more (I think), it hardly makes sense to get them vitality or resistance unless you're under lvl61 or wanna use non-invulnerability tokens.

Do minions created by followers benefit from anything? i.e. Do Nagle Ring or Maximus benefit a minion based Monk or Necromancer?

Maximus and Genzaniku will benefit from the stats of Follower only as far as I know. Their damage is low like Followers and only good at taking away aggro. They can benefit from buffs, but don't worth it unless it allows them to be tougher.
Nagelring blast damage is high (12000%), but benefitting from Follower main damage it'd still be abysmal even with buffs. Also Nagelring minions are near invincible as far as I can tell and they have no distinctible elemental damage and benefit from highest elemental damage you equip on.

01/12/2019 04:13 AMPosted by BadandMad
Trial and error really.

Or... You can read the New Player Help section and read the HUGE sticky thread on top of the board about Followers' equipment.

01/12/2019 04:13 AMPosted by BadandMad
I may be wrong but it used to be that if you equip followers with items that have their base stat, i.e. intelligence for enchantress then she will get double the benefit of the intelligence.

Followers benefit a 2.5x multiplier from main stats. If you give them an item with 100 more mainstat that will increase their stats for 250 instead. If you give them an item to increase their health for 10k, it will increase the max health pool for 25k instead. No idea if it applies for smaller utility affixes like life after kill or life regen.