Force move vs force stop Stepping w/vid

Demon Hunter
This video is long overdue. This isn't to convert anyone, but rather show the technical differences between the two and to solve some common misconceptions. It's easier to understand with a visual, thus the video.

This is one of those threads I expect to die quick as it's application isn't wide spread, though at least there's now a reference instead of me typing a ton of paragraphs for a response that even I myself would not bother to read.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfhm83t1Jm8
I didn't even know that there is a "force move" kind of stutter stepping. ^^

I use to have "force stop" on spacebar, and I thought that I can do (kind of) stutter stepping. But it doesn't look like what you're doing in this video. Not even close. I probably never put enough time into practicing it, probably because I am not that ambitious when it comes to gaming. What else can I say ... nice video!

01/17/2019 09:09 AMPosted by DiEoxidE
This is one of those threads I expect to die quick

Yeah, that's probably true. You should have used "GR120 easily!" as the topic title. xD

But it's only natural that such topics don't get much response. This is something you need to practice on your own, and it's not enough to read a guide about it and gamble for the right items with the right affixes. This actually requires "skill". :)
Thanks for the video, makes rly more sense now. :)

I was rly wrong in that point....sry again.

One question to force stop....how exactly does force stop method work? (bcs cant see your coursor at the begining)

You move to a point, than turn mouse in enemy direction and click shift + left or righ MB right?

And do you hold the left MB down all the time or do you always click to move to a ceratin point?

I practiced now a bit this way and yes it takes way more prectice to become that fast.
Forward and backwards and shoot enemy in front at the same time its not that hard....but man, moving left & right while shooting the enemy in front wrecks me atm, think this needs the most practice. ^^
Nice video. I use force move and force stop, but no where near as good as Dieoxide and Redcell. My way is a lot closer to the full force move example, and I should work on that. In the video it looks like you're getting a lot more multishots off than I would, with all my vaulting and repositioning.

Another thing Redcell pointed out is you can run Heximg Pants with your method, right? That's a bit of an added bonus.
<watches Dieox vid>

<thinks about what would happen if attempting this method with UE6>

<goes back to S6>

This is one of those threads I expect to die quick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfhm83t1Jm8

Ms Ue is dying slowly, new buff make it so less performing than S6, N6M4.
Need more toughness to actually be able to do something even with that stuttering.
The instructional video was very well presented. I've added a link to this thread in the Sticky underneath your original stutter-stepping tutorial post for later reference.
01/17/2019 10:17 AMPosted by Hebalon
Yeah, that's probably true. You should have used "GR120 easily!" as the topic title. xD

But it's only natural that such topics don't get much response. This is something you need to practice on your own, and it's not enough to read a guide about it and gamble for the right items with the right affixes. This actually requires "skill". :)

I'm sorta shocked on how well received it's been in a matter of hours.

01/17/2019 10:48 AMPosted by CroDanZ
Thanks for the video, makes rly more sense now. :)

I was rly wrong in that point....sry again.

It's all good man. This stuff isn't widely available and it's hard to type it out and make sense of it all.

01/17/2019 10:48 AMPosted by CroDanZ
One question to force stop....how exactly does force stop method work? (bcs cant see your coursor at the begining)

You move to a point, than turn mouse in enemy direction and click shift + left or righ MB right?

And do you hold the left MB down all the time or do you always click to move to a ceratin point?

Using MS as an example. If MS is assigned to left click, then you'd left click + Force stop to fire MS, then left click to where you want to go afterwards. If MS is right click, Force stop isn't needed, right click to fire, left click to relocate.

The concept itself is simple. Executing it in a rift scenario to where you can fully extract the benefit is very difficult. What also makes this challenging is how fast you have to do this in the case of a MS build. You essentially have to "relocate" click in between your MS animations, meaning you have to click twice as fast as MS's attack speed to get the full effect without slowing it down.

If you go back to the video near the beginning where im demonstrating force stop stepping, you can hear the two clicks per "shot".

P.S. Just realized the vid didn't pick up my mouse pointer :( There is a pointer in the vids where I do the slow motion though. The mouse pointer is visible in my other thread's videos. The link below has my old videos, detailed explanation of using force stop with cursor shown.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/8569108872
To clarify, the MS on RMB method does not require Force Stop when casting MS, but it does require Force Stop when casting the generator.

DiE uses Force Stop + MS with generators woven in between with RMB. I, on the other hand, alternate between LMB and RMB more frequently with some Force Stop+LMB commands mixed in to maintain buffs and hatred.
I appreciate all the work you have put in to this to show your way of playing . It works well . I have seen it in game with you . It's something most can't learn fast . It takes some practice to master it . I am going to work on movement as I think it's the way to go with UE build .

Vaulting continuously doesn't cut it in High GR's . That's where your techniques come into play . I think that if I can master this play style , I can improve in progression . You are getting at least twice the shots off as I am getting due to my vaulting to avoid damaging elemental attacks . Every time we vault we are loosing shots and in turn loosing damage . Not to mention eating up discipline which we need topped up to get maximum damage output .

From what I have read here and there , there are a lot of people that simply can't get this play style down . Not sure if I will or not either , but it's definitely worth trying and practicing . I am sure it took you quite a while to learn your tricks , and they do work , I have seen it in game and it is impressive to me .

Thanks for sharing this . I will be watching the videos many times I imagine . I like playing with bows and ranged attack . I am going to keep working at it and see what I can do . Might take some time , but I don't give up easy . Your play style is incredible , it's like a perfected art . I hope I can get to your level . TY DiEoxidE .
video sucks
Today I was running around playing Shadow, and I remembered that Dieoxide said in the video that if you put your mouse on your character and force move you can shoot backwards. I found this technique useful as hell today with Shadow Impale build. So basically I was able to move up, move up and to the left, move up and to the right, while still shoot down to the bottom of the screen.

Still working on some of the techniques in this video...
Hey Die, Gratz on your GR 108. Especially nice without a HF :)
I put Evasive Fire on my number 1 key, makes it function as if you were holding force stop. I've always tried to maximize my comfort and laziness while playing Diablo. :D