D3 VS POE both fun.

General Discussion
I've played Diablo since .08 patch I believe it was Cruel Colossus Blades and 160/60 ias/max Jewelers armors were meta all the way until S15.

Also I've played Path of exile from day 1 of its release, both games offer awesome content.
The trick to enjoy them is to not bash one or the other but to play them at separate times. Path of exile always releases a few month before a new D3 season starts. So you can run Path of exile for a month plus then D3 season start and we swap to the new season, cause everyone likes to start on a fresh ladder and push for awhile then stop. Both Diablo and path of exile start to die off people usually ask..Is the league dead already?

I have no idea why i made this post but i'm super excited for tomorrow at 1700. Probably going barb or Witch doctor Feel free to join Clan WaR ( Wait and Rise ) currently 137 players.
I think I am going to take a small break myself and play season 16 Barb as well.

Will put together a mediocre HOTA build and likely get bored and go back to PoE, but should be fun to come back after around 3 months of being away, even if it only lasts for a weekend or two.
so it is at 1700? aka 5pm pacific standard time?. and not at midnight which i'd have liked.
I'm maining barb this season (not that I'm a hardcore player or anything...lol). I also considered doing a thorns crusader, cause...well, it's different for me. :)

I liked the leveling of PoE more than the endgame. Leveling was fun, once you hit mid thirties, and all your synergies started working. :)
I find PoE a massive chore. I find D3 a fun, much more action oriented game. I'd never tell anyone not to Play PoE just cause I dont like it. I also dont understand the point in bringing one up on the other's forums. There's no point in comparing the two cause they're different games, play the one you enjoy and get over it.
POE is the equivalent of slow & steady brain death.
I play both and flip between them usually as the new leage/season starts.
I like POE cause there is true crafting and character diversity. I have 50+ builds saved where as Diablo there just is not that many overall...

D3 i like to just lay back and have some fun at a casual level.
01/18/2019 10:29 AMPosted by kwittstruck
I play both and flip between them usually as the new leage/season starts.
I like POE cause there is true crafting and character diversity. I have 50+ builds saved where as Diablo there just is not that many overall...

D3 i like to just lay back and have some fun at a casual level.

I just started POE yday. and im getting that same feeling. People said Poe is like D2. but its like D2 on 3x roids. so not reeeeally the same. but atleast there's more customization. D3 failed big time on game depth.
Adding 5 more acts and a meaningful campaign would be a big plus for Diablo 3. That would pull me back into the game. Right now, leveling involves doing rifts and end game involves doing even more rifts. That is boring as hell.

If PoE leveling was maps and end game was "greater maps." Heck... that would be a huge turnoff too.