Help a new player out?

Wizard
Hello! I'm pretty new to Diablo 3 and haven't played any of the other games, so I've mostly been following builds online I've found for Wizards, been having a great time playing this and Witch Doctor mostly, except I've run into a problem. My Wizard (I'm using the firebird set, I'll link images to show all my gear and stats and stuff) is really, really fragile. The damage is okay, burning things with meteors is fun, but if I take a hit on a torment higher than nine or ten I instantly die. Am I doing something wrong, am I just positioning badly, or are Wizards just really, really fragile?

I should probably also say I haven't rerolled any of my gear at all because honestly I don't really understand it, and I'm scared of !@#$ing up and ruining that piece of gear, so any help there would be appreciated as well.

Images promised: https://imgur.com/a/AOz41fe
Firebird is just a poor set to use on T1 - T13 levels (its does better in gr's)

Option 1: just use a different set for speed runs (aka non high gr's)

Option 2: Cube aether walker in the 1st cube spot and use teleport skill
- Then just teleport around the map till you find an elite. Channel a few meteors on it and a couple seconds latter it will die. Then keep teleporting till you find next elite... rinse wash repeat. (do not fight unless there is an elite)

Why just go after elites?
(6) Set: Your damage is increased by 200% and damage taken reduced by 3% for each enemy that is Ignited. This effect can stack up to 20 times. You always receive the maximum bonus whenever a nearby Elite monster is Ignited.

so if you don't have an elite ignited
- you do next to no damage
- you also have next to no defense
Thanks! I'll try that out. I have most of the Tal Rasha set stowed away somewhere, would you recommend using that instead of firebird?
Yes, Its faster because you can cycle two elements to maintain the full damage buff all the time so you dont have to hunt elites the same. It can use the speed variant to teleport constantly for low farm content. And its getting a huge damage buff in patch.