Will the patch be available on consoles soon too?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
When the new patch drops will it be available on consoles the same time as PC?
Have you checked the console tab in the forums? I am not super knowledgable, but the last few days I have seen several comments saying console gets it first.
It's already out on Switch. I haven't been able to find an answer as to when it's coming to PS4 and Xbox One.
01/15/2019 06:10 AMPosted by GoosePants

Patches for console and PC usually go live on the same day (similar to seasons), but not always at the same time.

For example, Patch 2.6.4 is currently rolling out to consoles. We're working to resolve an issue with the PC version of the patch, at which point it will be rolling out as well.

Hope that helps!
01/15/2019 12:15 PMPosted by Tyvalir

Patches for console and PC usually go live on the same day (similar to seasons), but not always at the same time.

For example, Patch 2.6.4 is currently rolling out to consoles. We're working to resolve an issue with the PC version of the patch, at which point it will be rolling out as well.

Hope that helps!

Muh heart! I spy a blue!

Also: Thanks for the info! Don't be so shy with letting us know things.

Hope that helps!

Ah there it is.

Hope that helps!

An issue with the PC patch? The patch we tested in December?

Hope that helps!

Finally some news!
I'll pay you Tuesday for a hamburger, urr patch, today....
*eats Tyvalir*

Well, at least now we have somewhat of a clue as to why the patch has been delayed well past the maintenance cycle time. No biggie for me at least. I can just do it later tonight when I get back from my doctor's appointment (one of 13 this month, yay!) and play tomorrow after I've gotten some real sleep.

01/15/2019 12:17 PMPosted by oneredflag
An issue with the PC patch? The patch we tested in December?

The patch we tested a month ago was unfinished and needed more work on the code after the PTR ended. We merely gave them data for the numbers to crunch prior to finalizing the patch code.

01/15/2019 12:18 PMPosted by BOD
Resolve an issue? Is this a joke? After all that time still isnt ready for release?

It is possible that this was a last minute "uh oh" discovery or more likely the patch had a problem on the CDN side of things. I've seen that happen frequently enough over the last couple of years that it doesn't surprise me much anymore.
Come on really? PC's were always your mainstay so why are there now issues with releasing the patch there? Consoles should overall be harder to patch (Well due to the PS4/XBone both use the x86 architechture now it's not that much different, but still).
Wow blizzard actually communicated with the player base. Would be nice to see this more often. Shouldn't have to wait weeks between responses from blizzard.

We're working to resolve an issue with the PC version of the patch, at which point it will be rolling out as well.

Hope that helps!

Resolve an issue? Is this a joke? After all that time still isnt ready for release?
are you worried people might enjoy playing this game
01/15/2019 12:18 PMPosted by TheTias
I can just do it later tonight when I get back from my doctor's appointment (one of 13 this month, yay!) and play tomorrow after I've gotten some real sleep.

Get some rest, appointments can be tiring.

Hope that helps!
Hmm surely the Pc patch is tested before being released to consoles-after all we do the Beta crap...
Still waiting
Thank you blue post for responding. See that wasn’t so hard. That’s all we been asking for. Appropriate communication. Thank you.
Consoles don't have a PTR even only PC does, so why are we being screwed over and the console players can enjoy it earlier AGAIN over PC, now I know that bugs/errors what not can happen, but really it always take forever to fix these things on PC, but is fixed within 2 hrs orso on consoles. Ahh right cause consoles are owned by paying companies, whereas PC players only pay blizzard themselves. :D :P