Will the patch be available on consoles soon too?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
01/15/2019 01:51 PMPosted by Ortellios
If so, what could be this wrong for it to delay it for one and a half hour now? The consoles seem to be doing fine right?

I know the infrastructure and file systems are very different between the two. They are also not the same code base, even if the end result is a similar game. It is not uncommon at all for one to have a bug or issue and the other version not to. That is why they have separate PC and Console Bug report forums too.

Without working there, we players really have no idea what is up. I would argue the CMs probably don't know the coding details either.

Yes, this is frustrating. People would be even MORE upset though if they released it and it was broken, or came with a bug that granted a huge advantage on the Era leaderboards - which restarted yesterday.
having played a MMORPG for almost 7 years and about half being cross platform, that game never had this much problem updating to all platforms
01/15/2019 01:56 PMPosted by MissCheetah
01/15/2019 01:51 PMPosted by Ortellios
If so, what could be this wrong for it to delay it for one and a half hour now? The consoles seem to be doing fine right?

I know the infrastructure and file systems are very different between the two. They are also not the same code base, even if the end result is a similar game. It is not uncommon at all for one to have a bug or issue and the other version not to. That is why they have separate PC and Console Bug report forums too.

Without working there, we players really have no idea what is up. I would argue the CMs probably don't know the coding details either.

Yes, this is frustrating. People would be even MORE upset though if they released it and it was broken, or came with a bug that granted a huge advantage on the Era leaderboards - which restarted yesterday.
I agree with this, but as a company with a LOT of networking and online game experience this should be a quick fix (we still don't know what is wrong tho)
It is very simple.

Communiy Team asking for ressources from Diablo DEV Team to make us happy.
But they are working on different things with higher priority.

85% of the changes of the new patch are just number changes in a xml file.
The other change is a perma buff and besides of that 1-2 guys worked on the patch for the other changes.

We are hitting 7 years soon and we are still getting updates and patches and someone still take care of D3. But...Yes the communication is very bad. 2 lines of text should be in the budget.
I should have just went to work then when i got back home it would have been done lol
Jeebeesus folks.
Just relax. They're actively working it. Everyone is just making assumptions what the issue is.

The important thing here is they let us know and is in progress.
ye, just a bit sad for us in EU, soon midnight here, was eager to test it tonight, guess will have to wait tomorrow :p
People would be even MORE upset though if they released it and it was broken
Not true at least for me, I prefer having half of something new I can just test, than full of something I am not interested anymore...
01/15/2019 02:17 PMPosted by DreamKiller
People would be even MORE upset though if they released it and it was broken
Not true at least for me, I prefer having half of something new I can just test, than full of something I am not interested anymore...

nah I think the rage would be much harder. I can already imagine the : you're late and cant even do it right etc.. i looted this but not working, need to loot it again.

Prefer to have something working properly, and even for blizz, once the patch will be released and working, all the waiting will be forgotten by most...

it's the waiting and lack of communication that is pissing people off.
oh man this is sad ... was actually planning to do some serious grinding tonight as i'm off from work tomorrow ... but hey ... those LoN builds can still be played on T13 xD
11/07/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Nevalistis
We want to start by saying we hear you.

Since the moment we stepped into the office on Monday, we have been discussing everything Diablo non-stop. We’re fully committed to listening and engaging—so please keep the constructive feedback coming. Our primary focus right now is poring over that feedback to inform internal discussions, and we’ll follow up with further thoughts as soon as we can.

well we been asking for a answer on twitter,the formus about 2.6.4 without a answer until now. there should been some type announcement from blizzard,
Speaking of "broken"... I have the Nintendo Switch and having been waiting to run a level 70 GR... I just did... but got no Primal...I thought it was guaranteed... I have not run higher than a 67 GR before on Seasonal or Normal... Am I missing something?
01/15/2019 02:28 PMPosted by Smoothicus
Speaking of "broken"... I have the Nintendo Switch and having been waiting to run a level 70 GR... I just did... but got no Primal...I thought it was guaranteed... I have not run higher than a 67 GR before on Seasonal or Normal... Am I missing something?

It's for Season 16
at next season starting the 18th Smoothicus ;)
01/15/2019 02:28 PMPosted by Smoothicus

You can now drop Primals so go craft 500 items so that you can get one. LoL!
Don´t understand all the trouble. Playing new patch on my new dishwasher.
Go and play on the cellphone
Sometimes this community really pushes my buttons. These guys make some of the best games in the world, millions of lines of code and something goes wrong and these people just whine and whine.........IT'S A VIDEO GAME PEOPLE, they'll get the patch out as soon as its ready. The game is still playable. I guess its better in their minds to release a patch that borks the game all together.
When people make a promise, you expect them to uphold that promise. It's quite simple. It counts for people and it counts for companies aswell.
01/15/2019 03:08 PMPosted by StriFe
When people make a promise, you expect them to uphold that promise. It's quite simple. It counts for people and it counts for companies aswell.

Where did you find a promise from Blizzard? This must be a out-of-season April fools joke!