The Hate Against the New CFO Needs to Stop

Games & Technology
For those of you unaware. Blizzard has hired a new CFO and offered him a modest signing bonus of 3.25 million dollars (edit - apparently it's just 3.75.. still very modest). On top of that he is being offered marginal bonus potential equaling that of 11.25 million. A lot of people seem unhappy with this and are looking to contest the decision. This is a witch hunt and needs to stop.

This man is an integral part of the Activision-Blizzard Machine. So integral in fact, we needed to cancel the entire HOTS e-sports scene, which ruined the lives of hundreds of hard working and dedicated players and casters. Some of which turned down other opportunities to hone their skills into this game.

That is entirely on them. They should have had insight that the game was going to fail given its paltry numbers.

I for one look forward to this man's monetization plans for all Blizzard Activision Projects moving forward well into the future.

Thank you Blizzard for caring about the bottom financial line so that you can continue to produce top quality products like Battle for Azeroth and Diablo Immortal.
https://i.imgur.com/EFrI9.jpg
Stay realistic man; do you think any other CFO would sign for peanuts ? Such jobs always have salarys far from understandable for the regular worker but moaning about it wont make any of them working for less. CFO jobs are millionairs class - ever has been like that and is not any different in other companys.
01/16/2019 11:05 AMPosted by Phase
Blizzard has hired a new CFO

No they did not. Before making your latest downvote farming thread, you should at least TRY to get some part of the facts right.

-5/10
modest signing bonus of 3.25 million dollars
01/16/2019 11:14 AMPosted by MissCheetah

No they did not. Before making your latest downvote farming thread, you should at least TRY to get some part of the facts right.

-5/10

You're right, my numbers were too low it's 3.75 million dollars in signing bonuses. I will edit my original post to update this number. Thank you

https://www.pcgamer.com/activision-blizzards-new-cfo-is-getting-awards-worth-dollar15-million-for-taking-the-job/
Activision-Blizzard (ATVI) != Blizzard

ATVI replaced their CFO. Blizzard has not yet. Two different things.

Go look up the difference between a holding company and the separate units under it.
Do you think the guy has a phone?
produce top quality products like Battle for Azeroth and Diablo Immortal

Troll sighting.

You were doing fine up to this forced finish.
Thank you Blizzard for caring about the bottom financial line so that you can continue to produce top quality products like Battle for Azeroth and Diablo Immortal.

Wonder if they had a $15m/year CFO when they made Diablo 2, Starcraft : Brood War, Warcraft 3 and WoW Vanilla.
01/16/2019 11:37 AMPosted by DonMartin
produce top quality products like Battle for Azeroth and Diablo Immortal

Troll sighting.

You were doing fine up to this forced finish.

It was a BIT more eloquent than just typing /s though.

No they did not.

[/quote]

Uhh...please correct me if I am wrong, but Act-Blizz hired a new CFO named Dennis Durkin as stated in many mainstream news articles, such as Bloomberg linked below.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-04/activision-gives-15-million-sweetener-to-new-cfo-dennis-durkin

EDIT: Noticed you were referring to Blizzard Entertainment, the OP was referring to Activision-Blizzard.
Nobody is hating the man.

The problem is he could make up to something like 15.5 million, and he's not even new they asked him to come back I believe.

The problem is, and this happens in all major companies, the word going out is departments have to cut back. HotS eSports is cancelled people are offered buyouts to leave all so they can "save" money. Then you give a CFO who obviously either didn't do a good job, or didn't like the job enough to stay possibly 15 Million dollars. You realize how many people could be employed for say 5 million and he could still get paid 10 million which is more than your average person will make in their lifetime.

It's just like, in a way, a few years ago when Yahoo fired their Sr. Marketing person. Part of the firing was a deal that paid the guy 60 million to leave a company. All while Yahoo stocks are dropping and people are being let go to save the company, yet you give a bozo who couldn't do the job 60 million to leave.

I worked for Wells Fargo years ago. I was on as a contractor and had asked several times if I would be hired on as a FTE and was always told there just wasn't enough money in the budget. Then they accidentally sent out an email that was only suppose to go to FTE and shareholders, but sent it to all WF employees for my department talking about how it was a record quarter and we made 50 million in profits. So again I went and said well seems like there i the money to hire me at 50k a year. They said yeah you weren't suppose to see that, so there still isn't enough money to hire you on full time.
01/16/2019 11:47 AMPosted by SymphonyX
Uhh...please correct me if I am wrong

The OP troll plainly stated Blizzard in his/her opening salvo.

The end.
now if only we had a community team to manage these troll posts and delete them.
01/16/2019 11:18 AMPosted by Phase

-5/10

You're right, my numbers were too low it's 3.75 million dollars in signing bonuses. I will edit my original post to update this number. Thank you

https://www.pcgamer.com/activision-blizzards-new-cfo-is-getting-awards-worth-dollar15-million-for-taking-the-job/
do you work for Blizzard?
01/16/2019 11:34 AMPosted by Griever
Do you think the guy has a phone?

I laughed so hard on this!
This never gets old.

Thank you for making my day :)
Blizzard has hired

Dennis Durkin wasn't a new hire. Joined Activision-Blizzard in 2012. Problem is using Activision and Activision-Blizzard synonymously.
01/16/2019 11:56 AMPosted by Kinslayer
I worked for Wells Fargo years ago. I was on as a contractor and had asked several times if I would be hired on as a FTE and was always told there just wasn't enough money in the budget. Then they accidentally sent out an email that was only suppose to go to FTE and shareholders, but sent it to all WF employees for my department talking about how it was a record quarter and we made 50 million in profits. So again I went and said well seems like there i the money to hire me at 50k a year. They said yeah you weren't suppose to see that, so there still isn't enough money to hire you on full time.

Thank you for the anecdote. I used to work for a global corporation, and this is exactly how they work. People get laid off due to a supposed lack of funding, while executives still get hefty bonuses. I wouldn't expect for Activision-Blizzard to operate any differently at this point.
Blizzard has hired a new CFO and offered him a modest signing bonus of 3.25 million dollars (edit - apparently it's just 3.75.. still very modest).

Because they're "cost cutting" I get it.

So integral in fact, we needed to cancel the entire HOTS e-sports scene,

No relation. HotS got hang up to dry for needed leadership in sparse teams and possibly mobile treatment of HotS at the oncoming years.