For all the Demon hunters

Demon Hunter
If you are a Demon hunter who is running around with a Shadow Impale build in the t13 coop rifts. If you don't picking up the shrines bicouse your teammates are probably going to. If you run through the whole rift without caring about where are the others, so they can't get the drops. If you are killing the Rift Guardian then right after that teleporting out of the rift and finish it not waiting for the others so they can even pick up the loot. Please don't do it. if you really just want some GR keys then just do it in singleplayer.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/
I was under the impression that a player loses the group buff if they move too far away from another player(s). And, if that is true, then it would be pointless to even join a group game, because you would get none of the benefits yet still have to carry up to three other players. I would think a mechanic like that would solve the problem.

FYI: I am a solo player.
Much as like the impale build, it most definitely is not party friendly. Further so with how it is easy to overkill T13 with it. But this is also a broader problem of hyper-mobility and players interacting when they don't have it, themselves. Alas.
It makes me glad I was able to do the T4 key guardians solo this season with the IK set, it means I won't have to step foot in a single public game at all in S16.
It's not just DH's but I agree. Guys do it in GR's too. Leave bosses and pylons behind and hurt the entire group for whatever reason. Play solo if you want to play by yourself.
01/21/2019 10:00 AMPosted by RaDaC
It's not just DH's but I agree. Guys do it in GR's too. Leave bosses and pylons behind and hurt the entire group for whatever reason. Play solo if you want to play by yourself.

They do it though for XP. The game is harder thus gives more XP. I agree it's a DBag move though.
I am glad I am not the only one that gets bothered by this. And yes, while not always, most of the time it is the Impale Demon Hunters that are the biggest culprit. They leave the rest of the party fighting through hordes of non-elites, never catching up, as the demon hunter is already clearing elites on the next level down, which unless I am mistaken, the rest of the party isn't even getting credit for drops for (or does that only apply to things that die when you are in town that you get no loot for?)

Either way, in a multiplayer setting it is definitely frustrating. Any time I play public games I stick with the group. Unless it's split bounties, obviously.
Speed Racer (speedy) does not generally care about the group, they only care about themselves. I am not sure why they even join a public game, other than to showoff how fast they can move. Mommy, Mommy, look at me. I mostly run solo, if I do join a public game I try to stay with the group. As a side point, I do not care for "players" who stay at the entry and leave me to do all the work. Work together people.

*The movement mechanics (skills) in this game are just silly.
This isn't new and it isn't restricted to DH's. Geared teleport wizard's, speed geared condemned Crusaders, well almost any class that's geared for speed can rush ahead. In fact, the Shadow DH isn't even the fastest and in reality takes longer to pop the Rift Guardian because of non-existent AoE.

It takes around two elites, maybe more, to make up for the missed progress from killing high progress whites in the rift.

All that said, a real DH knows this and uses UE for rifts and bounties because they're faster when it's all said and done. No one should be using an Impale DH outside of Grifts.

That's not to say that some folks aren't in the know about this but when they don't it should be pointed out. It's a learning opportunity.
01/21/2019 10:26 AMPosted by Avalon
Speed Racer (speedy) does not generally care about the group, they only care about themselves. I am not sure why they even join a public game, other than to showoff how fast they can move. Mommy, Mommy, look at me. I mostly run solo, if I do join a public game I try to stay with the group. As a side point, I do not care for "players" who stay at the entry and leave me to do all the work. Work together people.

*The movement mechanics (skills) in this game are just silly.

it does not help any that there is a conquest this season to run a t13 rift in 2 mins. He might have been trying to get that and need the groups help (without telling them).
01/21/2019 09:34 AMPosted by Pankill122
If you are a Demon hunter who is running around with a Shadow Impale build in the t13 coop rifts. If you don't picking up the shrines bicouse your teammates are probably going to. If you run through the whole rift without giving any !@#$ about where are the others, so they can't get the drops. If you are killing the Rift Guardian then right after that teleporting out of the rift and finish it not waiting for the others so they can even pick up the loot. You are just an %^-*!@# then and please don't do it. if you really just want some GR keys then just do it in singleplayer.

If a player does this in a group I'm in, I'll kindly suggest they stick with the group. If they continue to run ahead or get verbally abusive about my simple request, I initiate a vote kick. Very rare for the kick to not go through.

I suggest you do the same.

Except you literally cant do this in a GR because everyone has to upgrade gems from Urshi before the GR can even be closed haha :p
There is no good reason to use Shadow set over UE or even Nats in group T13 rifts. If you like to "race" then you can still do it with UE, but at least your group will be much happier that everything is dead.
01/21/2019 11:26 AMPosted by loldudejoey

Except you literally cant do this in a GR because everyone has to upgrade gems from Urshi before the GR can even be closed haha :p

I know, I was talking about the guys that get too far ahead while the rest of the group slowly chugs along. Certain builds can't handle the mobs and clutter and have to plow through them. Other builds can skip right past it. It's much funner when all 4 people synergize and play as a team. That's why I play in groups. If I want to go off and do my own thing I play solo.
I only run shadow on Gr and not rifts. I use UE Multishot for rifts so i kill everything. but in high Gr's is game on speed....[i][/i]
Who the hell runs Shadow Impale in T13 lol? Is that their set this season? Tell em to save up EU pieces I guess.

Honestly even though I agree with you and on your side with that it's annoying; it's actually not as big of a problem as you make it out to be. I'd be far more annoyed if this was happening in GR's due to lack of no teleport and how important shrines are in GRifts compared to T13 rifts. In some cases I actually prefer they go out do their own thing, I'll go the other way do my own thing and the Rift will be done quicker.

And yes this isn't just a DH thing but T13 Rifts are so casual this season that at the end of the day it really doesn't matter much. Now Goblins..that's a different story. Better be saying TP to me, especially a pack!
Lol be smart and adapt to it.

These guys are a gift from heaven. So whenever you have the luck to have one in your pub t13, you have to immediately switch to the speed/gold/death breaths/broken crown build.

You will be speedy Gonzales with 33 000 % gold drop and collect twice the amount of gems while simply running around next to that "@hole".

At a certain point they will get frustrated and ask you to wear dps gear and not leech off his hard work.
It's hilarious when they find out how their own display of show off is transformed into a cash cow instead.
01/21/2019 09:34 AMPosted by Pankill122
If you are a Demon hunter who is running around with a Shadow Impale build in the t13 coop rifts. If you don't picking up the shrines bicouse your teammates are probably going to. If you run through the whole rift without giving any !@#$ about where are the others, so they can't get the drops. If you are killing the Rift Guardian then right after that teleporting out of the rift and finish it not waiting for the others so they can even pick up the loot. You are just an %^-*!@# then and please don't do it. if you really just want some GR keys then just do it in singleplayer.

I do have an impale build, but I hate wwbarb for the same reasons and so I don't play like an !@# out of courticy.
I didn't know that people get so easily triggered .
I won't use the Impale build in T13. The build fails at that difficulty level, so you end up spending most of your time standing around waiting for Hatred to regenerate.

The Impale build relies on hitting multiple enemies that have already been hit (Lightning version) in order to regenerate resources. I haven't played that build for Season 16, so I can only imagine that this problem is even worse with the increased damage that first shot does.

The people who are running through T13 with this build are probably just barely functioning at that point. I won't use that build in anything less than GR75 (as of Season 15).