Haven't played D3 in a couple years, some questions

General Discussion
Going to play S16. Basically, what changed from around 2 years ago ?

There is some kind of "Rift Challenge" for mats now ? A weekly quest ? Basically what is there to know when you start a new season char these days. In HC particularly (if that makes a difference). Also, I've seen a Run of Agony 1 leveling method, doesn't seem too good for HC though...

Any thoughts welcome ! Thanks
Google it. You'll have far better answers.

Good luck.
A downvote and a "go google" reply. Within 3 minutes. B.net forums delivering as usual :P
01/17/2019 01:41 PMPosted by Norz
Going to play S16. Basically, what changed from around 2 years ago ?

There is some kind of "Rift Challenge" for mats now ? A weekly quest ? Basically what is there to know when you start a new season char these days. In HC particularly (if that makes a difference). Also, I've seen a Run of Agony 1 leveling method, doesn't seem too good for HC though...

Each rift challenge is longer than a week i think and most people do it for the mats for the season start. Most of the challenges are easy if u have played all the characters and know the builds. Save ur challenge to when u start the season.

Levelling to 70 doesnt take too long if u dont care about leaderboards. You also need to get the horadric cube at the beginning
01/17/2019 01:41 PMPosted by Norz
Do your own leg work.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/game/patch-notes/
Do not do the challenge rift until you create your Seasonal toon when the new season launches or else you will not be able to get a nice head start for the season. In addition to bounty mats and death breaths you also get a good chunk of gold which can facilitate leveling quicker.

The challenge rift for the start of season 16 is very easy so if you’re planning to check it out before the season start be very careful not to spawn the rift guardian as you’ll have a good chance of killing him. There are guides on YouTube for the he current challenge that I’d recommend checking out.
01/17/2019 03:12 PMPosted by Sannyasin
Do not do the challenge rift until you create your Seasonal toon when the new season launches or else you will not be able to get a nice head start for the season. In addition to bounty mats and death breaths you also get a good chunk of gold which can facilitate leveling quicker.

The challenge rift for the start of season 16 is very easy so if you’re planning to check it out before the season start be very careful not to spawn the rift guardian as you’ll have a good chance of killing him. There are guides on YouTube for the he current challenge that I’d recommend checking out.

Helpful, thanks. Anything in particular I should know given i'm going to be HC ? (I mean regarding CR or anything that'd be different from 2 years ago)