Make BONUS of the Season of Grandeur become PERMANENT

General Discussion
Even tired, this little change brought a little bit of breath to this game.
Gave us more options!
GOOD OPTIONS!
Maybe the last in this dying game!

So please, for Diablo's sake, make this a permanent bonus, or change the sets requirement by -1.
My stash space can't handle it. LoL. I'm saving every decent Frostburn, Magefist, Cindercoat, visage of guns, Aquila Curass, stuff like that. Taking up so much of my stash! Haha
I like options.

I hate power creep.
No thanks.

Instead ask for them to keep doing interesting things like RoRG.
I am predicting quite an outcry when Season 16 ends and the buff goes away. This more than any buff so far (when/if removed) will be seen as taking options away from players, having allowed them to make some new builds they really enjoyed.

It could get ugly when the season of RoRG is over.
I see no reason to play this game ever again without this buff. Its the first time we've had even remotely new builds in forever.
I'd rather double bounties be permanent
01/21/2019 06:03 AMPosted by brute
I am predicting quite an outcry when Season 16 ends and the buff goes away. This more than any buff so far (when/if removed) will be seen as taking options away from players, having allowed them to make some new builds they really enjoyed.

At this point, i realy dont care for power creep or any other BS.
Its just more FUN!!!! MUCH MORE FUN in this way!
01/21/2019 06:03 AMPosted by Cuddlebear
I see no reason to play this game ever again without this buff. Its the first time we've had even remotely new builds in forever.

These aren’t new builds. They still use sets. They’re the same old builds with a couple changes.

Most of them just add an extra item and move on - for example, Rathma Necro wears Tasker and Theo and throws the double Devour chest in the Cube.

A couple builds are slightly more complicated, but it’s still the same build and it’s still a set being used.
My thread -9, your thread +4.

WTF? :D Who cares, but funny. :D
01/21/2019 06:30 AMPosted by Orrion
These aren’t new builds. They still use sets. They’re the same old builds with a couple changes.

Most of them just add an extra item and move on - for example, Rathma Necro wears Tasker and Theo and throws the double Devour chest in the Cube.

A couple builds are slightly more complicated, but it’s still the same build and it’s still a set being used.

It made gearing up a lot faster for me this time around. I was able to run Nat2, Sage's x3, Blackthornes x4 in the buildup to Torment 1 and beyond. Given my luck finding items was crap, this buff really helped in that department. If I manage to get some halfway decent gear soonish, I'll actually be able to solo speed run GR 70 early on instead of later in the season (purely solo play tends to be slow when you have crappy luck like I usually do).

It's nice to be able to use builds that use different runes to make better use of gems too. Just because the changes aren't earth shattering doesn't mean they don't feel really nice.
Just wanted to pop in and thank blizz for the RoRG that dropped from my first act 1 cache this season.

Thanks blizz.

edit- the power creep is such that once you get a set you skip up several torments, so for gearing up the bonus is kind of irrelevant.... and kind of omnipotent. But it's a nice time-saver anyway.

True tho, it seems to me that its just the same builds with an extra ring slot/cube.
Waiting to level my monk to use it, but should be interesting to save a ring, cube slot when i try it out
01/21/2019 06:03 AMPosted by brute

All you're really giving up is a ring slot. I quite often use a RoRG in my builds because that extra piece of gear you can fit in is often more interesting than a convention of elements or whatever the other options are.
They'll have to do something considering:

No one will play next season if it's a drop in power
Some will play next season if it's the same power
Most will play next season if it's a rise in power
01/21/2019 08:16 AMPosted by Cybah
My thread -9, your thread +4.

WTF? :D Who cares, but funny. :D

Because i m too sexy for my shorts!
01/21/2019 12:50 PMPosted by MrWarglaive
Just wanted to pop in and thank blizz for the RoRG that dropped from my first act 1 cache this season.

Thanks blizz.

edit- the power creep is such that once you get a set you skip up several torments, so for gearing up the bonus is kind of irrelevant.... and kind of omnipotent. But it's a nice time-saver anyway.

True tho, it seems to me that its just the same builds with an extra ring slot/cube.

I just wanted to pop in and tell you that it’s not like any of the Act 1 cache items are good while this event is active anyway. Unless you’re doing a Thorns build.
01/21/2019 09:05 PMPosted by Orrion
I just wanted to pop in and tell you that it’s not like any of the Act 1 cache items are good while this event is active anyway.

The point was that it amused me to get the one thing effectively removed from the season... first.
01/21/2019 04:42 AMPosted by Wolfkan
Even tired, this little change brought a little bit of breath to this game.
Gave us more options!
GOOD OPTIONS!
Maybe the last in this dying game!

So please, for Diablo's sake, make this a permanent bonus, or change the sets requirement by -1.

/agree. It has brought more variety to a game that has become stale. I've enjoyed trying out different combos with it already. There's a couple of speed builds I've been messing around with that really are fun. It may not remake the game into something amazing but it manages to give it a fresh coat of paint.
I like it too. Anything that alleviates the ultra rigid reliance on sets this game has been suffering from for years is good in my book.