What's going on with the servers?

General Discussion
Might consider use of a VPN. They have their own issues, but for many players outside the US it is the only way they can get the latency to an acceptable level.
Twice today my latency spiked to over 1200 while in greater rifts. Makes the game unplayable.
Yup they got issues. Not rubber-banding but I got serious lag as in slowdown going on. Have not experienced that very often in this game.
Yes, they are aware there is some lag and have been discussing it. I have not heard anything back though.

Of course not. It's Diablo which means it's low priority for Activision.
01/25/2019 04:02 PMPosted by PonyKiller
I wish Blizzard would seperate from Activision, it is ruining their reputation :(

I've been playing since day 1, this has nothing to do with Activision. Let's see, on release day I tried to login for 4 hours and was unable due to servers. For the 1st several months of the game the rubber banding made it nearly unplayable. Overall the lag has improved (with flare-ups as you see now) but the issue is embedded in the core of the game, which is entirely on Blizzard.
01/27/2019 07:44 AMPosted by GhostDragon
Might consider use of a VPN. They have their own issues, but for many players outside the US it is the only way they can get the latency to an acceptable level.

You need to be careful with VPN.. Blizzard has stated before that it can get you banned.
I've black screened 3 times in last 2 days.

Many times while porting from one bounty to another, the transition screen gets stuck with little blue circle spinning.

Have to close the desktop app and window and relaunch.

I'm on x32 client too.

Guess the cost cutting measure included dropping a large number of D3 servers and telephony.

Activision is behind all of the problems we are encountering lately!
Don't fool yourself.
01/28/2019 05:03 AMPosted by Gimpzor

You need to be careful with VPN.. Blizzard has stated before that it can get you banned.

They didn't say you can get banned. They only said it is not supported.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20742855357?page=1

Edit: Grammar
01/28/2019 06:31 AMPosted by LuckyOwl
01/28/2019 05:03 AMPosted by Gimpzor

They didn't say you can get banned. They only said it is not supported.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20742855357?page=1

Edit: Grammar

"With that in mind, actions that are entirely legitimate normally can look suspicious when it also looks like you are hoping around the globe."

Take from that what you will.
That's what u get with only 1 week of PTR...
01/29/2019 05:05 AMPosted by Foensh
That's what u get with only 1 week of PTR...

Given the patch was about balancing sets and minor QoL improvements, I highly doubt it.

I didn't really get lagged last night, but was rubberbanded and got some lag last weekend with nothing else active on my connection. Didn't get me killed, but my Wiz just "derped" while facetanking a RG. Kind of hilarious actually. Hope the maintenance fixes whatever they are experiencing.
01/25/2019 01:48 PMPosted by MissCheetah
01/25/2019 01:30 PMPosted by Gimpzor
The servers for the past few days have been very unstable. Does anyone know what's going on, or if Blizzard is aware of this?

Games completely freezing or stuttering down to 1fps. All servers jumping to high latency etc. At first I thought maybe it was my isp, but everything has checked out fine from that standpoint, and a lot of the people on my friends list are complaining of the same issues.

Yes, they are aware there is some lag and have been discussing it. I have not heard anything back though. Current theories from players here:

-Pain Enhancer gem may be causing interrelations. Try with and without it.
-Other spell combos causing some sort of lag?
-Server load due to new season?

01/25/2019 01:37 PMPosted by XS3NIGMA
Ive had a few issues but all in mega pulls in 4 man pushes...no issues in solo play or standard 4 man content such as t13 rifts or speed grs

This is what I am hearing as well - that it ends to be high GRs with multiple players.

Server load surely not one issue. From 200 clan guys played previous season just 5-10% are active on this season.
01/29/2019 05:20 AMPosted by StormofWar
Hope the maintenance fixes whatever they are experiencing.

Maintenance today was for all Blizzard games - for the Authentication services. It was not specific to any individual game.

Here is this weeks announcement https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/22835078
Hey so I've been having the same issue where my latency will skyrocket for no reason and when I check my actual ping out of game its around 43ms. I'm thinking it would be the Diablo servers, but I'm not quite sure.
I've had micro-freezes and rubber banding myself, and every now and then I get about a 1 second freeze. Unlike a lot of posters here, I play almost exclusively solo because of the hours I keep. I thought it was my laptop being jenky, but I have also experienced this on my Desktop. Both are way above what D3 requires, which of course isn't hard to do. Pretty weird. My latency has actually been really solid.
something is a bit off but since maintenance i get crashes that say input level reached, never seen that before and others complaining of same thing.
Oddly I’ve experienced no issues at all. I mostly play solo though, so there’s that.
I still have issues when playing Jade WD, everytime I use Soul Harvest it takes up to 2 seconds to process the damage/skill effects...

Note: Playing solo, GR 90~100
Small indie company blah blah blah

Welcome to maintenance mode boys
!@#$in RIP DIABLO IP