Diablo Projects

General Discussion
How long ago was the blizcon fiasco? Now that nobody care about Diablo Immortal, you’ve said you were listening and stocks fallen, employees leaving....

What are these multiple Diablo projects? Pretty sure no one is working on anything. Thinking Activision is whispering cancle any future projects as the backlash stung.
Big game companies normally announce big games at big events. They're unlikely to do it in a blog post or a YouTube video.

They have been hiring a lot of people for Diablo projects. I guess there's always the possibility they've hired them to work on nothing.
about 3 months ago.

some people do care about it or at the very least interested.

they are, they just don't reply to every single thread.

they will announce the projects at the appropriate time, not when you want them to.

look, i'm waiting for news regarding these projects as well but pressuring a company to reveal what they are working on just because people feel like they do isn't going to do anyone any good. they've been hiring for the past year for unannounced projects, one of those projects being Immortal that's being headed by another team. you may be sick of hearing this but they stated, time and time again that they have multiple teams working on multiple projects and people think that Blizzard owes them for Blizzcon and to that I say - I don't think so. whether you think the announcement was tone deaf or not, whether you agreed with what they announced or not - it's still a product they wanted to unveil and show the world and i'm sure that they are excited about this game and not *playing pretend* for the sake of the company or their livelihood. This is a Blizzard game announced at a Blizzard convention. i'm sure everyone has their reservations regarding what you hear in the media outlets regarding Blizzard and Activision but I don't care what happens behind the scenes because i don't work there. i don't have any inside source to corroborate what it's like there. at the end of the day, most people care more about the product and less about the company.

at the end of the day, when what they want to announce is ready, they'll announce it and it would be at a major convention like Gamescom.

all we can do, whether you want to or not, is wait.
Well I’m not waiting on Diablo four as for the future of the series I don’t care about. More interested in a remake of D2. At this point they know if they are doing it or not, I think a simple yes or no would make a ton of people happy/angry. At least if they did so many of us could be excited for something or wash our hands with the company for good. To many other better “D2 clones” out there to give a rats &$@! About D4.
They have been announced. A Diablo nintendo game, a moble phone game, some comics, and a book. Your still expecting more?
There's Diablo Immortal

Next big project will Be Diablo Immortal: Final Hour. This will also be on mobile.
01/17/2019 09:01 PMPosted by Gannon
Well I’m not waiting on Diablo four as for the future of the series I don’t care about. More interested in a remake of D2. At this point they know if they are doing it or not, I think a simple yes or no would make a ton of people happy/angry. At least if they did so many of us could be excited for something or wash our hands with the company for good. To many other better “D2 clones” out there to give a rats &$@! About D4.
D2 is dead. Quit living in the past, it's not healthy. Nobody wants to play D2 since you have to run around with your inventory full of charms all in a loot based game. It is beyond idiotic.
There's Diablo Immortal

Next big project will Be Diablo Immortal: Final Hour. This will also be on mobile.
Their "multiple projects" were season of grandeur and a buff to "multiple" other sets. See? Multiple.
01/18/2019 11:37 AMPosted by Evoportals
D2 is dead. Quit living in the past, it's not healthy. Nobody wants to play D2 since you have to run around with your inventory full of charms all in a loot based game. It is beyond idiotic.

D3 is dead. Quit living in the past, it's not healthy. Nobody wants to play D3 since you have to wear sets and run rifts in a loot based game. It is beyond idiotic.
01/18/2019 11:37 AMPosted by Evoportals

Now there is a revelation. Thank you

I think the sales of wc3 reforged will determine if we get a d2 remaster. If they see one remake do good, investors might have faith in another.
They did just announce a Diablo Art book - not sure whether they are counting that as one of their unannounced projects.

I'm sure we'll see a Netflix show or a comic or something similar, but as for games, you're looking at Gamescon and/or Blizzcon. Despite their assertion that they will reveal their projects "throughout the year", those are the only two times they will announce anything game-related.

Until those two events, you can expect practically zero engagement, even less communication, and nothing related to any new game.
Blizzard : "We'll announce diablo projects throughout 2019"
*three weeks in 2019*
The fans : "Where are the &$%?%&% announcements?"
01/12/2019 06:31 PMPosted by Gannon
How long ago was the blizcon fiasco? Now that nobody care about Diablo Immortal, you’ve said you were listening and stocks fallen, employees leaving....

What are these multiple Diablo projects? Pretty sure no one is working on anything. Thinking Activision is whispering cancle any future projects as the backlash stung.

Loosen your tinfoil hat.
When they announced that they were working on multiple projects were they specifically referencing Diablo related projects or were they just talking about Blizzard games in general?
Activision blizzard: we have to cut our budget and spending (resulting in killing the HotS pro scene)
Also Activision Blizzard: lets give this guy a 15mil bonus
01/18/2019 02:06 PMPosted by Pestilence

I think the sales of wc3 reforged will determine if we get a d2 remaster. If they see one remake do good, investors might have faith in another.

Starcraft 1 remaster was already pretty successful. I can't seriously fathom being able to resell a game you've already made isn't deeply desirable for all game companies
01/18/2019 11:27 AMPosted by Phase
There's Diablo Immortal

It will be designed for SmartWatches.