Day 1 150 4man build

Wizard
Can anyone explain how the build is working for wizard 4man in eu? I know it seems clear that 1) its a bug, and 2) its to do with mirror images and sever. But im interested on why / how it actually works. Are the images procing area damage on the sever damage despite the normal procs cannot proc procs rule? Do the pets actually just do good damage? (I highly doubt it). Does the wizard actually do damage or is he tickling the mobs while the necro or other player actually kills to trigger the effect? All those sorts of things I hope people know the answer to.
I'll save you a ban and tell you to not pursue how this exploit works and to not use it in anyway.

Eventually, it will be hotfixed and players caught using it may be banned.
01/16/2019 09:32 PMPosted by speedyraptor
I'll save you a ban and tell you to not pursue how this exploit works and to not use it in anyway.

Thats a boring answer.
If you use it and get no gain from doing so, ie. you just have fun and never push rank. Then i'm almost certain you wont be banned.
Even when people pushed with bugs in the past people were not banned (looking at you season 6 firebug)
Its probably not even really a bug.

Considered, the devs had 6 years of fixing it until it appeared the first time.

They also dont fix the WoL not doing any dmg sometimes and many other stuff.

The mirror images mimic the enormous damage of the sever effect and all is buffed by lon and desthwish channel and the other multipliers
So that sever damage is aoe when it comes from the images? Or does it proc area damage?
Also, Does that trigger when you kill something, when anything dies, or just when the image kills something?
Im not sure, how exactly it works.

Ive just seem the sever / grim reaper and the demon hunter mark variants once upon a time :P

Thinking about it, i came to the decision that it has to be some sort of mirror image / mimic thing.

I dont have any clue on how exactly the mechanics are.
But it has to be either area damage or hoping that the mimics clone themselves upon death until there are hundrets of them, each reflecting 10-20% of the sever damage (depending on the rune)
Do you think its possible they already fixed it stealth? I saw big numbers when i tried it, but no more destruction than normal (as if the numbers were not doing aoe damage whether i had mirrors up or not). To me it appeared to be working entirely as intended
Also might be worth putting it in perspective: Asian server they have also done a 150, but they did it faster and with the old starpact firebirds build. Is sever even an issue really?
01/16/2019 09:41 PMPosted by Royal

Thats a boring answer.
If you use it and get no gain from doing so, ie. you just have fun and never push rank. Then i'm almost certain you wont be banned.
Even when people pushed with bugs in the past people were not banned (looking at you season 6 firebug)

No Gain from doing so?
What do you call the huge damage bonus from sever and being able to cheese GR 150 with this exploit?

"you just have fun and never push rank. Then i'm almost certain you wont be banned."

Using that same logic, Is it okay to just start botting? You could just have fun with your illgotten gains and there is a low chance of being banned because of Blizzard's apathy towards the bot problem.

No, it is not okay. This is a exploit and cheating is cheating. Don't bother wasting your time trying to reverse engineering how the exploit works.
Again, dont try to rationalize cheating. This is a exploit, plain and simple. It is not intended for you to cheese GR 150 with. The old sever exploit was a exploit and was fixed. This is also a exploit.

Downvotes won't change that fact.
I don't understand your logic honestly. Who cares?

Someone having their own fun and not using it to their gain in no way impacts you.

In my mind, cheating only matters if you doing so results in someone else not getting something, or if its used to achieve something you otherwise could not.

Like if someone hacks their own singleplayer offline diablo2, why would i care? Its not rational
01/17/2019 04:55 AMPosted by Legendairy
I don't understand your logic honestly. Who cares?

Someone having their own fun and not using it to their gain in no way impacts you.

In my mind, cheating only matters if you doing so results in someone else not getting something, or if its used to achieve something you otherwise could not.

Like if someone hacks their own singleplayer offline diablo2, why would i care? Its not rational

I care. And you should.

In a multi player game, a cheater effects everybody.

Cheating is cheating.

Diablo 2 in offline, is not the same thing. Is it? Don't build a straw man argument that clearly had no relevance on cheating in Diablo 3.
fingers crossed they fix by friday, tough to keep faith when they know about it and don't fix affecting seasonal LB [not that i care to push, its the fact of the matter]
01/16/2019 09:41 PMPosted by Royal

Thats a boring answer.

Speaking from experience, this is not true. I used the hellfire exploit to get 2 or 3 extra passives and didn’t push over what I could already do and received a 2 week ban. A friend used it to get 6 or 7 passives and didn’t push over what he could normally do and received a permanent ban.

Don’t listen to this guy.
Get banned for what cuz the game is in maintenance mode so people like to say all the time and incompetence plays a factor as to why the ptr was a week and now oh look what happened whiny baby ragerz gone tell people dont use it an exploit get banned its nothing short of cleaver use of game mechanics at this point so either disable drop of bugged lewtz or bilizard devs can ban themselvs

They never ban or roll back anymore man. those who fail to exploit are the ones who pay in the end.
01/17/2019 05:30 AMPosted by storytime42

I care. And you should.

In a multi player game, a cheater effects everybody.

Cheating is cheating.

Diablo 2 in offline, is not the same thing. Is it? Don't build a straw man argument that clearly had no relevance on cheating in Diablo 3.

Did you use arcane dynamo and star pact last season?

And no its exactly the same thing as far as you should be concerned. If they dont pass you on any kind of ladder (or they are already higher than you and their actions make no change in rank), and they do not receive anything they wouldn't have got regardless. And then you think about it in the interest of fairness of competition, then its exactly the same to you as if they did it offline. There is no stretch here.
01/17/2019 10:51 AMPosted by Legendairy
Did you use arcane dynamo and star pact last season?

And no its exactly the same thing as far as you should be concerned. If they dont pass you on any kind of ladder (or they are already higher than you and their actions make no change in rank), and they do not receive anything they wouldn't have got regardless. And then you think about it in the interest of fairness of competition, then its exactly the same to you as if they did it offline. There is no stretch here.

Cheating effects the community as a whole. The attitude that "cheating is okay", regardless of the outcome, will begin to permeate the game as a whole. It is a slippery slope that will destroy confidence in both D3 and in Blizzard-Activision as a whole.
Your lax attitude about cheating, and taking advantage of exploits is a problem. And you spreading your attitude in this is an even bigger problem.
You cannot deflect to my build or leader board placement to falsely bolster your erroneous argument.
In the interest of fairness of competition, cheating is cheating regardless of the reward.
I have no "inside" information at all, but i bet all this mistery doesn't belong to this forum :DDD