Day 1 150 4man build

Wizard
I mean, even if you look at the definition of cheating then your argument falls down "act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage." If you're not doing so to gain advantage then i guess by definition its not even cheating really.

And then if you look at the wiki description "It is generally used for the breaking of rules to gain unfair advantage in a competitive situation."

Again the same thing, if you're not using it to your advantage (in this instance that would mean not progressing at all as that is the only competition that exists here really), and its not producing a competitive advantage, by those definitions it wouldnt even be considered cheating. So yes, ofc I have a relaxed view on it. You need to chill out

I stand beside you when it comes to using this sort of thing being used to beat other players. I think its really sad when you get things like the D3 switch situation. But the D3 switch situation simply doesn't arise because i or anyone else in the community have a relaxed stance on people playing around with bugs, that is a weak argument. I would strongly contest that cheating is a far more primal instinct for those people than your argument implies.
The reason I asked about dynamo starpact is because that is a well known (although apparently removed (recently?)) bug that 'EVERYONE' used. So I ask the question to try to get you to clarify what is cheating then by your definition. It doesn't seem to be the same as mine or googles. And it seems hypocritical of you to say that using starpacts known bug is fine to push a leaderboard and in group play competitively but its not ok to play around with a bug and not push.
lmfao - This isn't even an exploit at all.

Just a bug snapshoting the profile saved after GR.

- https://imgur.com/a/3TXvdNZ
- NA non season - GR 115 @ 9:24 on leaderboard

Gotta admit that was a pretty funny 150 troll
01/17/2019 05:34 PMPosted by Massaker
lmfao - This isn't even an exploit at all.

Just a bug snapshoting the profile saved after GR.

- https://imgur.com/a/3TXvdNZ
- NA non season - GR 115 @ 9:24 on leaderboard

Gotta admit that was a pretty funny 150 troll

lmao, that actually is a pretty funny.

Wasting all the time of the wannabe exploiters / cheaters who want to replicate this. haha.
01/17/2019 05:30 AMPosted by storytime42
01/17/2019 04:55 AMPosted by Legendairy
I don't understand your logic honestly. Who cares?

Someone having their own fun and not using it to their gain in no way impacts you.

In my mind, cheating only matters if you doing so results in someone else not getting something, or if its used to achieve something you otherwise could not.

Like if someone hacks their own singleplayer offline diablo2, why would i care? Its not rational

I care. And you should.

In a multi player game, a cheater effects everybody.

Cheating is cheating.

Diablo 2 in offline, is not the same thing. Is it? Don't build a straw man argument that clearly had no relevance on cheating in Diablo 3.

Affects! Affects!! For fk sake..

Effect is a whole other thing..
01/17/2019 02:59 PMPosted by Legendairy
I mean, even if you look at the definition of cheating then your argument falls down "act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage." If you're not doing so to gain advantage then i guess by definition its not even cheating really.

And then if you look at the wiki description "It is generally used for the breaking of rules to gain unfair advantage in a competitive situation."

Again the same thing, if you're not using it to your advantage (in this instance that would mean not progressing at all as that is the only competition that exists here really), and its not producing a competitive advantage, by those definitions it wouldnt even be considered cheating. So yes, ofc I have a relaxed view on it. You need to chill out

I stand beside you when it comes to using this sort of thing being used to beat other players. I think its really sad when you get things like the D3 switch situation. But the D3 switch situation simply doesn't arise because i or anyone else in the community have a relaxed stance on people playing around with bugs, that is a weak argument. I would strongly contest that cheating is a far more primal instinct for those people than your argument implies.

Botting and cheating does give them an advantage. They don't have to do all the work to push that everyone else does. Using an exploit means they can push higher grifts than someone who doesn't use the exploit and may end up higher on the leader board. With botting, they spend less time actually farming to get materials because the bot does all the farming for them, so the spend more time in game pushing higher rifts. That's an unfair advantage and these cheater may through their dishonesty get on the leader boards (a competition). Even if their intention is not end up on the leader boards, their cheating could put them there and therefore, it does affect everyone and give them an unfair advantage. So even using your definition and google's, it's still cheating. It's also against the rules of the game.
01/18/2019 01:45 AMPosted by RoseRequiem

Botting and cheating does give them an advantage. They don't have to do all the work to push that everyone else does. Using an exploit means they can push higher grifts than someone who doesn't use the exploit and may end up higher on the leader board. With botting, they spend less time actually farming to get materials because the bot does all the farming for them, so the spend more time in game pushing higher rifts. That's an unfair advantage and these cheater may through their dishonesty get on the leader boards (a competition). Even if their intention is not end up on the leader boards, their cheating could put them there and therefore, it does affect everyone and give them an unfair advantage. So even using your definition and google's, it's still cheating. It's also against the rules of the game.

This is out of context. We were discussing people choosing to play around with the potential sever exploit discussed here, not using it to their advantage, just to do a couple runs, see how it works, and have a laugh. We were not talking about botting. And you don't accidentally get a higher rank when playing around with this kind of exploit, and you wont get any higher rank due to illegitimately acquired gear playing around in this manner either.
01/18/2019 12:31 PMPosted by Legendairy
This is out of context. We were discussing people choosing to play around with the potential sever exploit discussed here, not using it to their advantage, just to do a couple runs, see how it works, and have a laugh. We were not talking about botting. And you don't accidentally get a higher rank when playing around with this kind of exploit, and you wont get any higher rank due to illegitimately acquired gear playing around in this manner either.

What you don't seem to understand is, as a community, we don't see a difference. And we consider what you are talking about as every bit as bad as botting and other forms of known cheating.
01/18/2019 12:54 PMPosted by storytime42

What you don't seem to understand is, as a community, we don't see a difference. And we consider what you are talking about as every bit as bad as botting and other forms of known cheating.

Look, im not going to continue to debate this with you. What you just said is completely irrational.
I tested it, i cant get it to work at all. I really think that group who pushed to 150 is just trolling everyone. Must be some snap shotting mechanic or something im not getting right, but i gave up after several attempts. You can have the build all you want, but i think you need to know exactly what makes it trigger. Nobody else has been able to mimic the build, until someone puts out a video on the mechanics i think that group is the only one able to use it.
01/18/2019 02:03 PMPosted by HokGnav
I tested it, i cant get it to work at all. I really think that group who pushed to 150 is just trolling everyone. Must be some snap shotting mechanic or something im not getting right, but i gave up after several attempts. You can have the build all you want, but i think you need to know exactly what makes it trigger. Nobody else has been able to mimic the build, until someone puts out a video on the mechanics i think that group is the only one able to use it.

There is already another grp that did 150 on EU yesterday with the same build actually.