For the love of god please up to T20

General Discussion
Repeating a dumb idea over and over again doesn't make it better. T20 or anything over T13 is waste of time.
Efficiency shouldnt be part of the equation, your speed build should not be able to trounce through the hardest difficulty in 2 mins. That right should be reserved for insanely geared players with tons of paragon to make up for damage loss. Back in the day speed builds did t10 or 11 for efficiency, it is not a right to be able to farm the highest difficulty. Id say squish the current as opposed to adding more but my main issue with the current situations is id like more value in normal rifts when it comes to exp. Legendary drop rate is already retarded 10-15 items in some runs. Maybe another DB drop would be nice but its already pretty easy to farm them, people wont be happy until they get 20 dbs per elite kill a full stash per rift and a function to let pets loot every feesable item off the ground.
With this over saturized mess that are difficulty scale of D3, farming efficiency will be always a question as there's no space to "think out of the box". T20 will only slow things down in Seasonal play and will hit a dent to the build diversity we have in low difficulties as of now. To farm those difficulties players would be forced to augment their gear no matter how high Set damage multipliers may seem.
There's nothing challenging about T20 either when you're not bound by certain rules and can be nigh invulnerable as you wish. You can farm loot well enough by running GRs and Neph Rifts as well.

Why is that obsession about numbers? What exactly you're distinguishing or diversifying by adding 7 more scales to the same thing?
If you wanna waste time more on D3 there are ways to that. Gimping your own build is one, for starters. It's easier to weaken your own character than hauling whole design into another direction where you squander effective farming meta, for example. When you sit there for 2 hours and trying to clear one single T13 bounty session, you'll understand perhaps.
01/22/2019 08:00 AMPosted by naksiloth
For joining T20 pubs players have to solo GR95 to join in. That's slowing down farming progress at seasonal play. On top of, that also will kill potential speedfarm builds or forcing them to augment for no reason. Farming difficulties supposed to be easy to gear up for endgame in a fast manner and supposed to be easy to farm without any further processing. If you wanna loothunt, GRs also offer loot pinata bosses first hand

lol.

Needing to do a GR to join a Torment of a similar level makes zero sense. GRs are harder than their equivalent Torment levels.
T13 is fine for rifts and bounties. They just need to add a GR styled difficulty scale for ubers and add in a better reward for pushing ubers at higher difficulties... maybe start dropping batches of forgotten souls and a guaranteed primal from 110 onwards.

Put the rage timer back in if it was taken out.
no simular PvP path is needed;
-Torment is a crucial sandbox, to play all the builds that are not playable in high Grifts...
-also Torment is a blessed choice, to dwell in, for the PvE playerbase.
T13 is fine. We're finally at a point where people can farm somewhat efficiently with their preferred abilities/sets and some people want to GRify the game even more.
honestly i just want my pet to be able to pick up gems/deaths breaths/crafting mats. As far as difficulty goes...yeah if ur gonna buff every character you need to buff the difficulty of the game (maybe rebalance the torment levels so there's a bigger difficulty spike between T1-6 and make the current T7-13 harder). Right now any set can do T13 (which is good because there's balance among the heroes, but bad because it becomes too easy too fast and thus becomes stale/boring).
T13 is designed to allow casual players to get their full set of gear strong enough for that difficulty to farm for upgrades and more optimal gear.
Sometimes i like to take a character i don't play much. Pick some decent mediocre set armor and gear the character to play t13. If it doesn't survive, i'll find other ways to farm to help gear that character, it brings satisfaction to me, i'm sure to most players also.

Basically T13 to me is just a benchmark and it should stay that way.

I'm going to use the Judo belt system in japan as an example.
Getting a blackbelt does not mean you are elite as hell. It simply means you have learnt the core basics. From there you begin self improvement, training for 2nd Dan, 3rd Dan whatever.
Making more torment levels will demoralize many players, blizzard would have to tune the gears to make it optimal enough for the current highest difficulty. It's like taking away the blackbelt(T13) from many players just because some other players like you feel the benchmark to attain the blackbelt should be higher just because "Its too easy for me, make it harder."

If you want challenges, there's always HC mode. There's always the Greater Rifts.

Suggestion:
Blizzard can however make Uber bosses much more difficult, or maybe have areas around the acts and maps that have zones/quests which have a clause saying something like "please be optimally geared for torment 16 etc" regardless of torment level you choose. Basically create more avenues for more challenging stuffs, not just GR pushing.
01/23/2019 02:05 AMPosted by FrostyMourne

just because some other players like you feel the benchmark to attain the blackbelt should be higher just because "Its too easy for me, make it harder."

See that's the thing...it's not just easy for "me" it's easy for anyone that has their class's set bonus..especially after the recent patch. If we go by the judo belt system (love the analogy btw) it's more akin to a sudden breakthrough in technology and now everyone has the "core basics" already (stomping T13), effectively making the black belt meaningless. Now all people will care about is what Degree Dan you are (Grift lvl). Might as well make the black belt into a white one and the Dan's into other colors (similar to how westerners approach Karate).
I vote for reducing materials in T13.
Do not make favor for bots.
01/23/2019 04:21 AMPosted by Hemroids

just because some other players like you feel the benchmark to attain the blackbelt should be higher just because "Its too easy for me, make it harder."

See that's the thing...it's not just easy for "me" it's easy for anyone that has their class's set bonus..especially after the recent patch. If we go by the judo belt system (love the analogy btw) it's more akin to a sudden breakthrough in technology and now everyone has the "core basics" already (stomping T13), effectively making the black belt meaningless. Now all people will care about is what Degree Dan you are (Grift lvl). Might as well make the black belt into a white one and the Dan's into other colors (similar to how westerners approach Karate).

to stay metaforic:
-Torment is the olympics, joining is prevalent
-Grift or HC is K1-MMA, winning is prevalent

01/22/2019 10:39 PMPosted by RUNtoFUN
no simular PvP path is needed;
-Torment is a crucial sandbox, to play all the builds that are not playable in high Grifts...
-also Torment is a blessed choice, to dwell in, for the PvE playerbase.
01/23/2019 04:21 AMPosted by Hemroids

What you fail to realize is that even after they increased the Torment levels twice before they weren’t challenging to most set builds. And each time, the next patch further trivialized them.

On top of that, the reward levels are already ridiculous. Skyrocketing them even further with new Torments isn’t really a good idea.
I agree with Orrion. Adding more difficulties and boosting rewards isn't a viable answer. This has been proven a few times already in the game's history.
01/23/2019 01:50 AMPosted by Hemroids
rebalance the torment levels so there's a bigger difficulty spike between T1-6 and make the current T7-13 harder

Who said anything about adding more torment levels? I sure didn't.
I wish they do Torment 15 just for more farming mats lmfao..... like.... It be super easy anyways might as well get more mats drop quicker since we made this game brainless in every single way. Hell.... just give us unlimited bounties & !@#$. I'm now part of these forums and think everyone should be made easier & easier yeahhhhhhhhhhhh.

But seriously please add more torments just for the mats.
Many are still missing the point when it comes to GRs as a stripped down experience.
1) No random loot drops
2) No treasure chests
3) No loot from destructables
4) No goblins
5) No events
6) No cursed chests/shrines
7) No unique monsters for achievement hunting
8) No incentive to explore/clear side areas
9) Far lesser map variety

That's a hell of a lot of absent play mechanics where, in return, all we get is a time attack mode and infinite scaling. And not only is it the only source of legendary gems (BotH and D1 gems aside) and leveling them, but the supreme source of EXP farming, to boot.

Normal rifts don't have all the above, either, but they're still far closer to the rest of the game, but nonetheless suffer the same fate as the rest of the open world with the T13 limitation.

Yes, I'd like "more" in terms of more creative difficulty options and varied reward metrics, but I'm not going to sit here and pout and say no to what's otherwise needed in the interim because you're not getting exactly what you want. There's also nothing stopping them from adding more things to do with an increased influx of materials, like a cube recipe that would maintain ancient status on item when rerolling it. But let's also not pretend everyone is stocked like a botter would be or players 4-man meta, either. There's more to this game than GRs, and the unfortunate adherence to them over the past years has been asinine.
01/23/2019 02:22 PMPosted by Saidosha
Many are still missing the point when it comes to GRs as a stripped down experience.
1) No random loot drops
2) No treasure chests
3) No loot from destructables
4) No goblins
5) No events
6) No cursed chests/shrines
7) No unique monsters for achievement hunting
8) No incentive to explore/clear side areas
9) Far lesser map variety

That's a hell of a lot of absent play mechanics where, in return, all we get is a time attack mode and infinite scaling. And not only is it the only source of legendary gems (BotH and D1 gems aside) and leveling them, but the supreme source of EXP farming, to boot.

Normal rifts don't have all the above, either, but they're still far closer to the rest of the game, but nonetheless suffer the same fate as the rest of the open world with the T13 limitation.

Yes, I'd like "more" in terms of more creative difficulty options and varied reward metrics, but I'm not going to sit here and pout and say no to what's otherwise needed in the interim because you're not getting exactly what you want. There's also nothing stopping them from adding more things to do with an increased influx of materials, like a cube recipe that would maintain ancient status on item when rerolling it. But let's also not pretend everyone is stocked like a botter would be or players 4-man meta, either. There's more to this game than GRs, and the unfortunate adherence to them over the past years has been asinine.

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. Current GRs should have only been 1 implementation of difficulty. Personally, I hate time trials.

There should have been all sorts of other modes and fun things to do - sort of like what Grim Dawn did with the Crucible, but even more. But they didn’t.