Gen Monk

Monk
The leaderboard is flooded with Inna WoL. I get that. Makes sense. However is there a place for a gen monk? RGK? Solo Push?

While trying to gear my zmonk I ended up with 1 primal Shenlong...
There's a beautiful I6/R2 build on the NS leaderboards that I've been looking at trying. I've always wanted to play Raiment generator, it's exactly how I envision a Monk going into battle using the martial arts that he/she has complete mastery over, rather than dropping bells on people lol.

I'm hoping Inna's set provides the toughness that was lacking in Raiment pre-patch that will allow the build to push high GRifts. Obviously the player that posted this time has super high gems and Paragons as well, but I don't expect to be doing GR120+ on a non-main character either.

I don't want to name names on the forum but you can see the build for yourself on the LB, it's top 2, very impressive. Once I'm bored with seasons (soon) and have fully upgraded my NS Shadow DH (not so soon, ugh), I'll be trying this build for sure.
eu lb top 3: r6 gen. try to get 6k+ para, then its dmg ist max output for monk. can be bk but dh and necro are simply stronger. when i put 1@k para in vit with 1.4 mio sheet dps a grift 100 is easy. you need decent life regeneration and 2.2 aps unbuffed, the rest is pretty straight. no cdr needed then. r6 is one of the builds that can use hf amu for getting nde or sith sense, then you can choose between f&r, coe, unity, soj,...

r2i6 is much easier to play since you get gk reg from ally you can use allys for an aoe attack but most people then forget to get enough aps and you dash is not availiable often enough. you probably need some cdr then but get a nice %life buff.
01/22/2019 11:35 AMPosted by xxMaverickxx
There's a beautiful I6/R2 build on the NS leaderboards that I've been looking at trying. I've always wanted to play Raiment generator, it's exactly how I envision a Monk going into battle using the martial arts that he/she has complete mastery over, rather than dropping bells on people lol.

I'm hoping Inna's set provides the toughness that was lacking in Raiment pre-patch that will allow the build to push high GRifts. Obviously the player that posted this time has super high gems and Paragons as well, but I don't expect to be doing GR120+ on a non-main character either.

I don't want to name names on the forum but you can see the build for yourself on the LB, it's top 2, very impressive. Once I'm bored with seasons (soon) and have fully upgraded my NS Shadow DH (not so soon, ugh), I'll be trying this build for sure.

Hi! I' can't find the I6-R2 build you mentioned. Is it still 2nd in US LB? I'm interested in how much AS and AD that build has, and how much CDR.
Thanks!
maxed out ias and ad whenever possible. cdr not really needed but you can do it unlike, no problem but gen dmg prefers from aps max
01/25/2019 06:55 AMPosted by Mercy
01/22/2019 11:35 AMPosted by xxMaverickxx

Hi! I' can't find the I6-R2 build you mentioned. Is it still 2nd in US LB? I'm interested in how much AS and AD that build has, and how much CDR.
Thanks!

Haha, it looks like the player (who is now top 3) switched their build to a WoL speed build, so we'll have to wait to see if they switch back at some point to try and push again.

I did notice like Atomfurz mentioned, AS was maxed wherever possible and AD rolls were everywhere else.
i tested gen pre patch and had no spirit until i got ~2.17 aps. someone familiar with gen monk told me and he said >2.2 aps then gen starts to get going. i'm not a gen expert but by testing it you'll see it
01/27/2019 02:58 AMPosted by Atomfurz
i tested gen pre patch and had no spirit until i got ~2.17 aps. someone familiar with gen monk told me and he said >2.2 aps then gen starts to get going. i'm not a gen expert but by testing it you'll see it

Yes, I tested the build with 2.08 aps and it really helps. Only missing AS in gloves. At 2400 paragon, and finding a better Compass Rose and leveling Simplicity Strength to 125, I might be able to doo GR 110-111

Thanks for the tips! Oh, and btw I still havent found the top3 build, really curious to see it!
anyone familiar with Inna gen monk can give tips on how to survive Gr100+?

Build is quite squish without any real damage reduction other than spirit guards. I see most people playing with pure offensive passives, no epiphany desert shroud, and cant fit the DR cyclone shoulders into the build. Endless walk also loses all damage reduction once you start attacking.

Forget elite affixes, even regular mobs are frequently one shoting once the character loses endless walk mitigation. Any tips?
u need tons of life for the "life leech" of your gem, at least once loh on weaps and maxed ias, same as for r6 gen. gen monk is nothing for sub 2k para, i personally think its nothing for sub 4k para since you need tons of mainstat. the build gets his dmg from aps and striken. i did a 100 in 8 mins with 1500 para into vit, just 1.3 mio sheet dps or so. kind of annoying squishy but its real strength grows.