RoRG buff should be permanent

General Discussion
I know I will probably get a lot of down votes for this, but I honestly think the RoRG buff should become permanent. It has opened a lot of diversity in builds, which is what this game has been missing. The game is actually fun again with multiple build options. I doubt blizzard will do this, but it would be nice. I do have to say, it already makes me sad thinking about next season without it :-(
If you want diversity, a LoN buff similar to what we have for the RoRG buff this season should be better.

Imagine the LoN effect without having the restrictions of those 2 rings.
01/22/2019 05:32 PMPosted by jtcdgroup

Imagine the LoN effect without having the restrictions of those 2 rings.

Thats probably next season... the season of nightmares
The only problem with LoN, is I feel it needs to be reworked and the numbers adjusted. And with the current Dev team, I highly doubt they will out that much work and testing into it
some people have suggested making it an earnable item. I wouldn't mind it being a part of my builds indefinitely. Maybe a cube recipe or a rare consumable system.
01/22/2019 08:52 PMPosted by grundy
some people have suggested making it an earnable item. I wouldn't mind it being a part of my builds indefinitely. Maybe a cube recipe or a rare consumable system.

Do you mean the RoRG buff? If so, that would be awesome. However, like my previous statement about LoN, I highly doubt they would ever do anything like that, because there is basically no Dev team on this game anymore
Lon build should have ring in cube ,that remove the set ring lon player need to use.
01/22/2019 09:41 PMPosted by blueberry
Lon build should have ring in cube ,that remove the set ring lon player need to use.

That's definitely an interesting idea.
I don't think it should be permanent at all. It's a nice change of pace from the regular season theme of "Double X" and I'm hoping they find other things to do that can be just as interesting. I don't think adding it would do anything for the game besides give a window for another +xxxx% item to (Skill used by set) to be worn and just end up as dull power creep. No, keep it as a season theme that might return some day.

Perhaps we could see a season of Nightmares, which is a passive LoN style bonus that will only work if no set bonuses are active at all, including the LoN rings themselves. This way players can create the builds they want with all slots.

Of course, given that not every skill has legendary gear with affixes to them, some skills will still go unused.
The thing is, is it actually opens up a little diversity, which is what the players have been craving for a long time. The game is much more enjoyable now with several different viable builds/comps
01/23/2019 02:43 PMPosted by Gimpzor
The thing is, is it actually opens up a little diversity, which is what the players have been craving for a long time. The game is much more enjoyable now with several different viable builds/comps

Problem is... people going to start running same !@#$. So yea... it might feel diverse now but by next season people will only be running same build again because it's best. It really hasn't opened up as much build diversity as you think and making it permanent is a bad idea.

I like the idea of changing LoN though. Freeing up rings from LoN but still being able to play it would be super nice.
01/23/2019 02:47 PMPosted by Dukus
01/23/2019 02:43 PMPosted by Gimpzor

Problem is... people going to start running same !@#$. So yea... it might feel diverse now but by next season people will only be running same build again because it's best. It really hasn't opened up as much build diversity as you think and making it permanent is a bad idea.

I like the idea of changing LoN though. Freeing up rings from LoN but still being able to play it would be super nice.

Of course there is always going to be one comp that is slightly more efficient which groups will run.. However with this, at least there are more then one viable GR speed farming comp.

You can run
Zbarb, FC Barb, Shrine Monk, Impale DH
Zbarb, Meteor Wizard, Shrine Monk, Impale DH
Zbarb, Starpact Wizard, Shrine Monk, Impale DH
Ive heard versions with a leap barb as well.

And there are plenty of other builds that seem they will make their way in once people get the gear, and the information becomes more known.

TLDR:
In all honesty, yes there will be a "BEST" comp. There always will be in a game that isn't PERFECTLY balanced. However with this change there are now multiple viable comps.
The tad of more balance came of buffing under performing classes and sets. RorG shouldn't be permanent. They should and I hope that they do add more interesting seasonal buffs.
People say the same !@#$ every time theres a new season theme :P
01/23/2019 05:20 PMPosted by Cronos

There's a bit of a difference between mats, and actually build diversity to make the game more enjoyable for more builds
01/23/2019 08:14 PMPosted by Gimpzor
01/23/2019 05:20 PMPosted by Cronos

There's a bit of a difference between mats, and actually build diversity to make the game more enjoyable for more builds

That's the point, it's a season theme. If they make all season themes permanent then it defeats the purpose of having season themes.

Let's just let seasons be different than Non Season. That's the way it should have been from the start.

They tried it when they introduced season only items, which basically made non season players play half a game for 3 months.

Buffs like the RoRG, doesn't do that and ideas like it should stay in season.

Maybe next season's theme would be even better. Till then, enjoy the buff while you can.
A LoN Season Theme would be a very bad idea for one big reason:

No one will be able to use that theme till they have spent hundreds of hours playing in new season in order to get all ancients with enviable rolls.
01/24/2019 07:06 AMPosted by Chetanji
A LoN Season Theme would be a very bad idea for one big reason:

No one will be able to use that theme till they have spent hundreds of hours playing in new season in order to get all ancients with enviable rolls.

This I agree with. I've got about half a LoN build going right now but some of the rolls that are on ancient aren't great and finding ancient versions of some of the equipment I need is proving difficult.

That said, the buff to LoN kind of makes LoN a sub theme of this season, so there's that.
"Diversity" is a four-letter word in the videogame world. It's sort of like "engaging gameplay" and "immersion."

No two people will really be able to agree what that means, but it seems like we like to club game developers over the head with it continuously.

The reality is that when we start having too much diversity, people start getting excluded from group play because even if all builds were able to do exactly the same amount of damage, you can push higher rifts with the ones that offered the best defense, or crowd control and only those will be accepted.

You just can't win and "everybody is accepted here" has never been how people work.

The best you can do is say "well it doesn't matter what skills I have, with all legendaries, I can push Normal difficulty like a boss."
Maybe next season or a future season where we will get a 4th slot in cube but can be insert any item wep,armor or JC