I wanna feel a rush when a super rare item drops

General Discussion
01/17/2019 08:27 PMPosted by OPatrao
IMO some items should be very rare, I mean REALLY rare... to the point that you go crazy when it drops...

We get items way to fast way too easy, ancient items is just a better previous same item, primal ancient is a just a better previous same item... wich is kinda meh when you look at it from a farm-oriented game perspective.

why not add some category of items (could be charms from D2) and make the drop rate insanely low. A lot that makes this game good is the expectation of the next drop, that next item that will give you a giant boost and unlock new playstyles and dificulties...

I think the game would benefict a LOT from this type of thing.

Current Diablo 3 doesn't need rare drops with their model since there is 0 trade and it caters to casual play which is embarrassing.

Items in D3 have no value, no trade, no PvP.
Run with groups of your class and get geared in 3 days.
Start copying and pasting builds from ladder and you're in there broy.
01/17/2019 09:44 PMPosted by Nykion
This is why I play seasons!! The endorphin rush you get on your first legendary, your first ancient. Leveling up using blues and yellows, with no rushes in sight. It great starting fresh w/ no paragon levels, alts, or stash to help.

Pretty much this.

I was watching a stream of Bluddshed testing starter builds and when he started enchanting yellow (rare) items at the mystic, it made me so pumped for the season!

I don't know why LoL.
01/18/2019 12:04 PMPosted by Evoportals
Or with D2 you can just buy the best gear for like $2.
That's really probably the only reason anybody plays that game. Few players would even be able to see a player who has Enigma, much less use it without at least bots.

Could you imagine playing that game as intended? -- running entire acts from start to finish and having Sorceresses as the only classes that can teleport?

Baal runs are definitely not intended, as evidence by the fact that you're kicked from the game for up to days if you run too many of them.

D2 was only really fun because of what we did to the game. Blizzard's "genius" was everything they didn't have time to fix. If they had their way, it would be a terrible game, lost to obscurity.
IMO some items should be very rare, I mean REALLY rare... to the point that you go crazy when it drops...

We get items way to fast way too easy, ancient items is just a better previous same item, primal ancient is a just a better previous same item... wich is kinda meh when you look at it from a farm-oriented game perspective.

why not add some category of items (could be charms from D2) and make the drop rate insanely low. A lot that makes this game good is the expectation of the next drop, that next item that will give you a giant boost and unlock new playstyles and dificulties...

We have these in the form of pets and wings and usable primals.

Agree. The vast majority of the player base wants instant satisfaction though. They don't want a real grind for gear. Sad times.
01/18/2019 01:27 PMPosted by Pestilence

We have these in the form of pets and wings and usable primals.

VERY few things in this game are truly RARE. I've gotten plenty of usable primals. They are not common but no where near the rarity that the OP is talking about. Not by a mile.
I totally agree with OP.
Cause this is the reason why 1 week into season it gets boring. Diablo has always been about the item hunt, that should be the leading factor.

In terms of pissing off casuals: I dont understand the argument of not being competetive with others at all. Do casuals actually play a matter in any leaderboard at end of season? no. That being said: me neither, so leaderboard do not matter in this topic.
You guys still posting constructive feedback like Blizz is listening?
The problem with super rare is that it could be exactly you who never gets it @op - so do you have the tolerance that others might get it and that its exactly you whos among those who dont ? Or are you one of those who then comes to the forums and complains how unfair super rare items are ? ^^

Every medal has two sides - just a reminder.
It is a beautiful idea, it just doesn't work for D3
This is just one of the many reasons why D2 is stilll superior to D3....and of course we all know D3 on pc or console will be just as superior compared to playing with a dinky lil screen when a call comes in and costs you a hardcore character.
Then play another game cause that feeling will never happen in Diablo 3. The game is dead, they aren’t changing it.
Why is it so hip to call video gamers “casuals”. Are you getting paid to play game in your leisure time? If so do tell me how. If not then what you do for leisure is a casual hobby no matter if you play an hour every few days or piss your life away and play 8 hours a day every day. Calling people names is racist and should be bannable.
01/17/2019 09:23 PMPosted by Permajinxed
Bis gear being super rare causes competition to based solely on luck of the draw....

Say if 2-3 of the needed supporting items for any set were super rare, there would be a massive split between the top runners who had those items and the rest who made do with the seconds best choice.

It could work to make the best Lott hard to obtain but then the ladder has to go, the two concepts do not co-exist well

Competitive d3... LOL
OP I had that feeling of finding something very-rare one time in Diablo 3, which would be Primal Yangs good-native which im not D3 pro because I prefer diablo 2 obvi, but from what I can tell it's rolled I think perfectly? Like obvi w mana secondary, ed, I think ias #3 and then the last stat is flex I think I currently put it at eli dmg idk I took a year off D3 well more than one time obvi.

D2 has something like lol-tyraels. this game really needs stuff like that.
Stuff like Windforce that where the roll don't matter nearly as much as finding the item at all. See D3's devs apparently think its cooler to give us 80 copies of the rarest item in the game pre-prims instead of actually finding it once...which is a much better feeling.
01/17/2019 08:53 PMPosted by Zeddicuus
01/17/2019 08:38 PMPosted by ImmortalKing
So you want items that only the bots will have?

There is a distinct difference between "so rare only bots that run 24/7" will see it and "lulz everything drops super frequently". Grim dawn managed to get it right. The awesome loot is rare but not borderlining impossible to ever see drop.

Maybe players should be willing to play the loot hunt in a loot hunt game and not expect only the finest loot within 2 weeks.

I completely agree. I've been playing GD and POE and the loot feels so much better in those games. I haven't even bothered to play S16 as D3 just doesn't compare. I really hope they can make a good D4 though...

This is what the game was like directly after Reaper of Souls launched.

Some of the really good items at the time - Starmetal Kukri, Wand of Woh, Shard of Hate, etc, etc - had extremely low drop rates.

It. Sucked.

I didn't go crazy when I FINALLY got Wand of Woh.. I nearly quit the game out of frustration first, and I can say looking back on it that it wasn't worth it at all - not least because they eventually made everything anyone did in the first 2 years of Reaper obsolete.
I WANNA FEEL A RUSH WHEN A SUPER RARE ITEM DROPS

Kick yourself in the balls whenever something drops.
01/20/2019 01:20 PMPosted by Orrion
This is what the game was like directly after Reaper of Souls launched.

Some of the really good items at the time - Starmetal Kukri, Wand of Woh, Shard of Hate, etc, etc - had extremely low drop rates.

It. Sucked.

I didn't go crazy when I FINALLY got Wand of Woh.. I nearly quit the game out of frustration first, and I can say looking back on it that it wasn't worth it at all - not least because they eventually made everything anyone did in the first 2 years of Reaper obsolete.

So its two fold. Yes I recall it sucking to not find that Starmetal or Woh everyone and their bro wanted one, I never found one at those rates either. Why? Simple the game / chase as a whole isn't there and the endgame goals aren't varied.

However, you have to ask yourself, why is Diablo 2 so successful in chase-items compared to Diablo 3? Yes, politely, I am in no way Diablo 3 sided compared to Diablo 1 2, and understand you are D3-favored of course, but obvjectively you have to have the 'chase' be super fun to make you not feel burnt out and not-excited when you find that end-game-item.

One of which is not-making-it obvious what the rarest items in the game are.
F/e D2's rarest I believe, are yellows sides T.

Like sure if you run one area like LK and finally find a Jah or w/e it's highest drop is, it be a mixed bad of "MG i'm so burnt on this, yet this is super-valuable so im excited".

Whereas with Woh n Star, I think a lot of the frustration is "what the heck, how do so many people have this and I don't" where with Jah your like "ok not-everyone appears to have found one of these on their own, because obviously bots are finding them for the game, so I don't feel like im the only one not-finding-it native".

Group quests instead of random rifts are a start.
Rerolling chars instead of Amory / swappable skills is another reason 'the chase' is more-fun than random rifts.
More-endgame goals make more chase items in the game.

See the whole game is supposed to be about chase items and if the game isn't that fun like Diablo 3 pre-attention this fall, then the chase isn't fun, so the reward isn't as sweet.

Hopefully devs look at D1 n 2 under the surface, actually using a surface book 2 would be really cool because they could see the detail and not the big transparent errors D2 made, example baal runs nobody likes. Well even worse is Chaos bots but I mean that's not even playing the game that's just following a bot that picks up what it's using you for to get IKR?