I wanna feel a rush when a super rare item drops

General Discussion
01/20/2019 12:38 AMPosted by Exile
You guys still posting constructive feedback like Blizz is listening?

Blizzard here "yes, we listen but just dont care"
Yes, they can make a item and you will never see it drop for the rest of your gaming life.
Also, the VERY RARE items are already existed.

Try to reroll for a Primal off-hand with 7 diffrent stats that rolled exactly as you wanted.
A perfectly optimized, useful primal should be a 'rush' to find.
01/21/2019 09:15 PMPosted by Thorodan
01/20/2019 01:20 PMPosted by Orrion
This is what the game was like directly after Reaper of Souls launched.

Some of the really good items at the time - Starmetal Kukri, Wand of Woh, Shard of Hate, etc, etc - had extremely low drop rates.

It. Sucked.

I didn't go crazy when I FINALLY got Wand of Woh.. I nearly quit the game out of frustration first, and I can say looking back on it that it wasn't worth it at all - not least because they eventually made everything anyone did in the first 2 years of Reaper obsolete.

So its two fold. Yes I recall it sucking to not find that Starmetal or Woh everyone and their bro wanted one, I never found one at those rates either. Why? Simple the game / chase as a whole isn't there and the endgame goals aren't varied.

However, you have to ask yourself, why is Diablo 2 so successful in chase-items compared to Diablo 3? Yes, politely, I am in no way Diablo 3 sided compared to Diablo 1 2, and understand you are D3-favored of course, but obvjectively you have to have the 'chase' be super fun to make you not feel burnt out and not-excited when you find that end-game-item.

One of which is not-making-it obvious what the rarest items in the game are.
F/e D2's rarest I believe, are yellows sides T.

Like sure if you run one area like LK and finally find a Jah or w/e it's highest drop is, it be a mixed bad of "MG i'm so burnt on this, yet this is super-valuable so im excited".

Whereas with Woh n Star, I think a lot of the frustration is "what the heck, how do so many people have this and I don't" where with Jah your like "ok not-everyone appears to have found one of these on their own, because obviously bots are finding them for the game, so I don't feel like im the only one not-finding-it native".

Group quests instead of random rifts are a start.
Rerolling chars instead of Amory / swappable skills is another reason 'the chase' is more-fun than random rifts.
More-endgame goals make more chase items in the game.

See the whole game is supposed to be about chase items and if the game isn't that fun like Diablo 3 pre-attention this fall, then the chase isn't fun, so the reward isn't as sweet.

Hopefully devs look at D1 n 2 under the surface, actually using a surface book 2 would be really cool because they could see the detail and not the big transparent errors D2 made, example baal runs nobody likes. Well even worse is Chaos bots but I mean that's not even playing the game that's just following a bot that picks up what it's using you for to get IKR?

It's rather simple.

In D2, you didn't need specific items to do your build. Oh, they certainly HELPED, but they weren't absolutely required.

D3 made them absolutely required. And that isn't necessarily a bad thing - legendary items with such affixes are interesting and game changing. The problem is that the only way to acquire anything was blind !@#$ing luck.

I think if that system had been implemented at the beginning of the game and had the right supporting systems then it would have been ground-breaking. We started with relatively few items that had affixes, and of those only a few were really desired. There needed to be a larger pool of items with affixes that were desired, and ways to pursue them that didn't involve a damn lottery roll.
Not to mention all the different stats available should be important for various reasons. As the game stands now, only a handful are truly used for the vast majority of builds. If you end up with a highly sought after item with 2 of these 'useless' stats, the item will complete junk as the small handful of stats are that important.
Its pretty telling that D3 players are downvoting OP who makes a good point. Chase items are amazing for arpgs and D3 took them all out.
01/18/2019 11:54 AMPosted by Auragami
Drop rates were insanely low in D3 when the vanilla version was first launched and it was clear nobody wanted items to be THAT rare. I think I was finding uniques/legendaries at a lower rate than in D2, which is saying a lot since D2's gameplay is far slower and you kill fewer monsters overall. I probably only found 3 legendaries in the dozens of hours I spent on vanilla and only 2 were on my own account.

I found a Denial and a Genzaniku (ie. USELESS) while I found a Stormshield in Act 2 on my friend's account, which I let him keep and he sold for millions of gold on the then-existing auction house market.

I certainly wish The drop rates were closer to vanilla than they are now. It is far to easy to get everything you need gear wise to build a set of gear. Even with seasons, they hand you an OP set now that can clear T13 without gems or all of the beneficial items for your particular set.

Vanilla was brutal but finding a legendary was rewarding... unless it was garbage. However, thats an itemization problem not looting issue. there were alot of factors at play in vanilla that ruined it. If players were given a set to play with at the start of the season, and forced to find the rest it may have worked out...
01/22/2019 07:54 AMPosted by Cuddlebear
Its pretty telling that D3 players are downvoting OP who makes a good point. Chase items are amazing for arpgs and D3 took them all out.

Because he doesn't make a good point.

Or rather, he makes an incomplete point.

See, I actually played the game when it was like that, and it was horrible (as I said earlier). D3 isn't set up to have chase items - because without the chase items your characters suck. You can't have 99% of power coming from items, and then hide the items behind potentially a few thousand hours of RNG. That's an exercise in frustration and it's no fun to play that game.

In a differently designed game chase items would work fine, but they already tried that experiment in D3.
nah because you have to consider the RNG of stats too. So this rare item drops and the stats suck, then what's the point?
Lol, this is an action game; forget your rare item find yearning (Griffons, high runes, life skillers, life res all sc, superior 3os archons, ebugged 4os polearms, elite uniques that meph doesn't drop oh my). If you did find a D3 item would it even matter? Every item is basically the same but a bit more possibly.
01/18/2019 01:43 PMPosted by Robdoggierob

VERY few things in this game are truly RARE. I've gotten plenty of usable primals. They are not common but no where near the rarity that the OP is talking about. Not by a mile.

not in 1500 hours of wizard play (since primals were introduced) have i found a primal DMO piece. ANY DMO piece. If that is not rare enough, then go to your nearest 7-eleven and just win the lottery to show us how it's done.
01/20/2019 06:23 AMPosted by Gannon
Why is it so hip to call video gamers “casuals”. Are you getting paid to play game in your leisure time? If so do tell me how. If not then what you do for leisure is a casual hobby no matter if you play an hour every few days or piss your life away and play 8 hours a day every day. Calling people names is racist and should be bannable.

Why is it so hip to say that playing video games 8 hours a day is "pissing your life away"?

Check your own "racist" comments please
01/17/2019 08:53 PMPosted by Zeddicuus
01/17/2019 08:38 PMPosted by ImmortalKing
So you want items that only the bots will have?

There is a distinct difference between "so rare only bots that run 24/7" will see it and "lulz everything drops super frequently". Grim dawn managed to get it right. The awesome loot is rare but not borderlining impossible to ever see drop.

Maybe players should be willing to play the loot hunt in a loot hunt game and not expect only the finest loot within 2 weeks.

Then go play grim dawn and stop lagging our game out. Seriously leave.
01/23/2019 07:13 AMPosted by theNix
01/20/2019 06:23 AMPosted by Gannon
Why is it so hip to call video gamers “casuals”. Are you getting paid to play game in your leisure time? If so do tell me how. If not then what you do for leisure is a casual hobby no matter if you play an hour every few days or piss your life away and play 8 hours a day every day. Calling people names is racist and should be bannable.

Why is it so hip to say that playing video games 8 hours a day is "pissing your life away"?

Check your own "racist" comments please
Saying playing video games 8 hours a day is a waste of life isn’t racist, it’s not name calling. It’s opinion on time management. Referring to a person who isn’t the same as you a “casual”, is generalizing people on a whole not being the same as you.

So again playing video games 8 hours a day is pissing your life away. Statement

If you don’t play video games 8 hours a day you are a casual, therefore your opinion doesn’t matter. That’s generalizing mass amounts of people and categorizing them. Racist (All whites are..... all blacks are.....all Jews are....).