I Would Give Up 5 Armory Slots If....

General Discussion
Blackthornes was permanently removed from the game and shrouded moors was taken out of the rift map pool.

If that is not possible, maybe we could get these as the S17 theme: Season of Less Frustration.
Fix Blackthornes to be a viable all class set that works off existing legendary items like LoN, and fix the density of the Moors and all is good with me.
I'd be fine with Shrouded Moors if density was, like, doubled, or even tripled. It's not a bad map, but the monster density is like, way too low
But you need Blackthornes set for Ultra God build.. so please don't remove em tyvm.
They could also double the GR density in the Caverns of Araneae, while at it. It used to be the best zone in the game, until Blizzavision, in sumer 2016, removed the large variant entirely and made the small version of map into the sad pit of despair that it is now. I am guessing the objective was to alienate some extra players into quitting, because I am yet to see any other reason for this middle finger of a change.
01/24/2019 08:29 PMPosted by Wolfpax
Fix Blackthornes to be a viable all class set that works off existing legendary items like LoN, and fix the density of the Moors and all is good with me.

They have had 5 years to fix Blackthornes and they haven't touched it yet. Remove it so it won't drop, fix it on the side, reintroduce later when it has a purpose other than to clog up the drop pool.

I'm fine with them fixing the density on the Shrouded Moors, but they have ignored it since it was released with the Necro. You can leave it in the game, just take it out of the pool that normal rifts are taken from until they get around to fixing the density. It is very sad when the sewers or commons are superior maps.
i was thinking that with the season bonus, blackthorns could be useful with the ww barb build?

the belt would make up for needing the pride belt, then maybe the legs and amulet and ignore defense skills as the only thing that really kills you at the top grifts are desecrators.

worth a try you think?
They could also increase the chance of the larger fields of misery type maps from appearing once in a blue moon.
01/24/2019 11:45 PMPosted by Masq
They could also increase the chance of the larger fields of misery type maps from appearing once in a blue moon.

Festering Woods you mean? Yes, I agree.
Well, they could make with some serious odds-to-zone revamping. The various permutations of the Cathedral zones - all useless - need to be all beefed up and toned down in frequency.
One of the variants of the Temple of the Fistborn is nothing but a straight tunnel and you have to wonder how rush of a job was involved in making it happen. Just like with Cathedral zones, density is of the "quit on sight" category. The zone is begging for that huge room somewhere...anywhere.

No offence, but if you are making "quit on sight" zones in your game, then your game needs improving. If I were a new game developer and told you that I would make this action game, where on most game starts, you would actually quit and restart, you'd think I was just some crazy troll. Yet D3 is a real game and those sad zones represent Blizzard's end product after 7 years in existence.
01/25/2019 12:27 AMPosted by Etelen
No offence, but if you are making "quit on sight" zones in your game, then your game needs improving

Nah, i just get sick of seeing the same 4 maps on a frequent basis.

act 3 barracks, act 3 crater, generic cave and act 1 cathedral
The different map sets are tied to different difficulties. Go up or down 5 tiers and you will see different maps.

Blackthorne's and all the crafted sets, armor, and weapons need a big update, to catch them up with class sets. Most players will ask why, and say these items are irrelevant, but they are only irrelevant because they are not viable alternatives for anything.

Blackthorne's, with the RoRG, Ice Climber boots, Krelm's Buff Bracers, and a Cubed immunity amulet makes a very fun build, but it's not viable because you can't even play T8 with it.

Class sets have gone about as far as they can, or should, go. Give some love to other items in the game.
Its more likely to be updated than removed.
01/25/2019 01:03 AMPosted by Slamboney

Blackthorne's, with the RoRG, Ice Climber boots, Krelm's Buff Bracers, and a Cubed immunity amulet makes a very fun build, but it's not viable because you can't even play T8 with it.

There were viable S2/M2 FoK builds for DH, maybe you can fit your idea there. S2 bonus got one of the biggest buffs in 2.6.4.
BT is actually a VERY good set for zdps, especially this season.
01/24/2019 08:29 PMPosted by Wolfpax

Ok.. now see... Blackthorne's working in conjunction with LoN actually sounds intriguing and fun as hell, i like this idea