Stash space idea

General Discussion
For those of us who still have vanilla stash space because we hadnt had the time and will to get them in season, and because the season objectives to get them is awefull (set dungeons) and are the reason for not trying.

When you guys on blizzard clearly lag cash these days, and have implemented all kind of stuff to the shop to earn extra money, then why not make it an option to buy more stash space, for those of us who really hate set dungeons and season conquests. I just wanna relax and have fun with the characters i make, but I always need to delete a character when i make a new because of stash space.

I have 1 barbarian, 1 crusader, 1 monk, 1 wd, and im out of space because rest of space in gems and legendary gems. and 1 space for random stuff.

Ill be happy to pay for more space. Its a win win we get space you earn money wich is needed in what we hear around the internet.

John
Riveting new idea!

Season objectives are easy - just play the game, and quit playing the victim card.
Just as an FYI, you only need to master 1 set dungeon in each season to unlock the stash tab. While I agree with you that set dungeons are unholy abominations, there are several that are braindead easy that you can pick one and use it as your ticket to stash space.

My personal favorite is the Inarius Necro set dungeon, it is very forgiving. IK barb is also very easy. Most classes have at least one easy dungeon to master. (Sorry Monks, yours are all annoying)
Im rolling barb this season might give it a try. Ty
01/16/2019 08:43 AMPosted by Xyianth
Just as an FYI, you only need to master 1 set dungeon in each season to unlock the stash tab. While I agree with you that set dungeons are unholy abominations, there are several that are braindead easy that you can pick one and use it as your ticket to stash space.

My personal favorite is the Inarius Necro set dungeon, it is very forgiving. IK barb is also very easy. Most classes have at least one easy dungeon to master. (Sorry Monks, yours are all annoying)

I went for all the conquests in last season, and did all 4 necro sets, 3 barb (f**ing wastes is impossible) and DH nat's, for the 8 set dungeons objective.

After doing all 4 necro sets, I can say that all of them are super easy!

All you need is the 6 set pieces, no aditional gear required but maybe 1 or 2 to make it even easier, unlike other set dungeons that require a full build of specific gear to complete.

So my hint for OP is to create a necro and drop any set with it, the first one you complete you just go for it.
His idea isn't bad. They've been looking for ways to monetize this game. I would happily pay for additional stash space above and beyond what is available outside of season rewards, etc. Item management has become a mini-game, and I hate playing tetris every time I find an item I want to hold onto. Shared stash space is nice, but when you have one of every class, you become very limited, quickly on what you can store.
01/16/2019 10:36 AMPosted by Lango
I went for all the conquests in last season, and did all 4 necro sets, 3 barb (f**ing wastes is impossible) and DH nat's, for the 8 set dungeons objective.

Wastes can be done, my recommendation is to cube Madawc's Sorrow. The 2 second stun on first hit gives you a decent window to avoid taking damage. However, it is one of the harder ones out there.
For me personally, I passed the Immortal King set dungeon two seasons in a row on my whirlwind barb. I just put the IK set on once I found every piece, and it was a "first time pass" both times. Very easy set dungeon to do. I passed it without even realizing what I was doing.

I was planning to do the IK set dungeon all four times to get my four stash tabs (easy peesy), but in Season 15 I decided to make an unhallowed essence set, multi shot demon hunter.

So needless to say I was super nervous because I didn't have the easy IK set dungeon to rely on anymore. But thankfully I found that the Marauder set dungeon for the Demon Hunter was also an easy "first time pass". Not as easy as IK set dungeon, as I had to be more aware of what I was doing. But it's nothing hard even for a casual player like me.

In Season 16 starting tomorrow night, I plan to obtain my fourth and final seasonal stash tab by completing the Marauder set dungeon again. I'm going to play a Demon Hunter again.

For you I'd recommend doing the IK set dungeon but Marauder is a nice second option in terms of easy difficulty. It's a total breeze really. I'm going to finish all my season goals just playing casually each day. Maybe an hour or two on work days and four or five hours on weekends. Because I still spend a little time on Heroes of the Storm finishing up my daily quests.
01/16/2019 08:22 AMPosted by Mysticue
For those of us who still have vanilla stash space because we hadnt had the time and will to get them in season, and because the season objectives to get them is awefull (set dungeons) and are the reason for not trying.

When you guys on blizzard clearly lag cash these days, and have implemented all kind of stuff to the shop to earn extra money, then why not make it an option to buy more stash space, for those of us who really hate set dungeons and season conquests. I just wanna relax and have fun with the characters i make, but I always need to delete a character when i make a new because of stash space.

I have 1 barbarian, 1 crusader, 1 monk, 1 wd, and im out of space because rest of space in gems and legendary gems. and 1 space for random stuff.

Ill be happy to pay for more space. Its a win win we get space you earn money wich is needed in what we hear around the internet.

John

It has nothing to do with money which isn't the same of a company want a quick buck by adding a price to it. The two are different since the game provides you a way to get stash tab originally. You can get more by buying with gold. With gold you get 3 or 4 stash tab. Managing space is apart of the game and to sell items to make new room. Diablo is that type of game to make players work for it. Blizzard can be lenient but not a whole much because players will take advantage of that since they did already.

You should read a children book called "Give a mouse a cookie" Very important lesson in there which is the same when players want more stash tabs. Blizzard stated their reason which is "if we do give them more then more players will ask for more and won't be satisfied." Like what is happening on this forum. They said many other things but that's the major main point. There's enough and it's not their problem if players want to hold on to everything with out getting rid of it.
Dingo, absolutely buddy. It's all about compromise.

If they added stash tabs in the in-game Diablo shop that we could spend money on. I'll definitely pay for it. I'll buy as many additional stas tabs as I possibly can. I'm willing to spend $20, $50, $100 dollars every time for more stash tabs.

Even with a maximum of 12 stash tabs that I'll finally have during Season 16, it's still not enough for me to hoard items with. I like to save all my ancient and primal ancient gear. And I only play two character classes (Barbarian and Demon Hunter). I can't imagine the people that play every character class!

Either way I have a lot of fun playing Diablo 3 and Heroes of the Storm. In fact, I'm more willing to give Diablo Immortal a try once it comes out if I continue to have fun playing Diablo 3 and HoTS on the PC. But I wouldn't play Diablo Immortal on my smartphone. I'd play it resting in bed on my tablet. I usually watch Netflix and YouTube videos on my tablet every night in bed when I can't sleep.

But we're all passionate Diablo fans. Some of us for 22 or 23 years. We've been here since day one. I wish the Diablo Team realized that. If they want us to support them financially on their future Diablo projects, keep rewarding us with some fun things with the current game. It's nice to focus on the future but don't stop working on what you already have that we enjoy.

So many of you have recommended a lot of great ideas to improve Diablo 3's gameplay on the PC. Hopefully whomever is still working on Diablo 3 inside those Blizzard offices are reading the forums and capable of making those fun changes. I do like the quality of life updates on the recent patch. It's not all that we wanted but it's a nice step in the right direction. Better than nothing.

I'm feeling old already. I'm in my late 30's. I'll probably still be playing Blizzard games until the day I die. And I don't mind spending my money on these games. Just give me something I can buy inside that Diablo shop. Put extra stash tabs, pets, wings, pennants, portraits and anything you can think of, cosmetics or MTX wise, inside the Diablo shop. And I'll happily buy all of it. Diablo 3 on the PC can still make Blizzard a lot of money!!!!

John

I, for one, think this is a great idea!!
The set dungeons ARE a pain, but i got my 1st free stash tab with the sader Thorns set...was braindead easy.
In saying that, i would happily spend money on stash tabs & cosmetic items/pets (if Blizz decided to allow pets to pick up DBs & gems).
POE has all these things already and they have a thriving imcome...although I dont think Diablo would be a better game with POE style MTX.
Just sayin...
01/16/2019 09:19 AMPosted by Mysticue
Im rolling barb this season might give it a try. Ty

Barb gets IK as their free set and IK is the easiest Barb set dungeon... I'd put it as the easiest set dungeon of the lot.

Given that the conquests are also easy (especially if you get help from the seasonal journey community) and we've gotten massive buffs for most sets, you really have no excuse to not unlock that stash tab.

For the conquests... do the 3 gems to 65 one which is easy. Then go hunt down the Cursed Peat event and invite a UE DH or WOL Monk to your game to help clear the 350 enemies.

Plan ahead and see how far you cant get. You may even be able to do Guardian:

http://d3resource.com/journey/
01/16/2019 08:30 AMPosted by DonMartin
Riveting new idea!

Season objectives are easy - just play the game, and quit playing the victim card.

something being easy for you doesn't make them easy for everyone else, also to some people seasons might be boring, like me, oh you want to to throw away everything I've worked for and slowly and boringly starts from nothing again? noooooooooo thank you
my first stash slot was thanks to Tal-rasha set... Easy.. but you have to notice only one thing...
Damn failed like 5x (those worm's)...
In fact easy peasy... if you didn't get hited by worm ^^ :D
Many set dungeons can also be 'cheesed' by doing them in a group. For example, the Tal Rasha one, only the wizard has to not be hit by worms. If the wizard stands at the entrance, his/her buddies can clear the dungeon without care and the wizard will get credit.
@ OP ; I was thinking the same 2 years ago with my vanilla amount of tabs and since the big powercreep (added to a lonely week end at home), i said to myself ; ok let's try it. Since i do it every seasons. It takes me around 2-5 days (depending how much time I can dedicate to the game) and this season I will get the 15th one.

I am truely a NS player, but once in a while, it is refreshing and pretty chilled. Try it on man !
For those of us who still have vanilla stash space because we hadn't had the time and will to get them in season, and because the season objectives to get them is awful (set dungeons) and are the reason for not trying.

There a lot people that don't play the seasons. What do they do for extra stash spaces. Oh wait a minute Blizzard doesn't care about their non season players.

I have 1 barbarian, 1 crusader, 1 monk, 1 wd

Make some mules and keep the stuff on them. You are only doing 4 characters. You have 17 character spaces. Plus don't keep everything you will never ever use. Yes you will say maybe one day I'll use it, but you will never use it . If you can't use on your best characters don't keep it.
I mean, why not? They want to monetize the game more; the hoarders (Everyooone_garyoldman.gif) want mo' stash, it wouldn't really give those that pay for a few more tabs an 'unfair advantage'... win-win.
I value every primal ancient item as a trophy and it's a fun collection that I've been putting together. Sort of like a Holy Grail if you will. I'll never get rid of any primal ancient that I find. Even the crappy primals that others complain about finding. I always smile when I find a primal ancient. So that right there is going to clog a lot of my stash tabs.

When I max out at 12 stash tabs in Season 16 from my fourth seasonal reward, I'll definitely be needing as many more as I can get. 15, 18, 20, likely even 30 at some point. I'll gladly pay any amount of money to buy more stash tabs if they're ever for sale in the in-game Diablo shop.